Two New Colors for 2023?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    I just wondered, what if the 70th Anniversary Design Package is actually two options — though both with the fully dipped Adrenaline Red interior? One exterior color could be Pearlescent Metallic White. Could the other one be Carbon Flash?

Rick, we are personally with you that those two exterior colors will not be on our Z06. Instead if today’s news is later confirmed, it totally solidified us on Hypersonic Metallic.
    My choices are the hypersonic grey or red mist, but since I'm likely a 2024 allocation there's no telling what's going to be available that year. Like Rick said, I don't ever see owning a Corvette in pearl white. Too much of a luxury sedan or SUV color.

Comment

I think it is important to remember that thankfully we all have choices in our favorite color(s) and not to bash anyone color like is done elsewhere. Is Chevy testing the waters on our reactions to the new colors? Very well could be since we do know they like to listen to their customer base when they are making their design decisions. Hopefully we learn more very soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        I don't think the paint shop can do 14 colors without an expensive upgrade, so two of those colors will probably go away. If they're going to add CF Black and Pearl white, I'd bet on Arctic White and Black going away.

Didn't they do Carbon Flash on one of the previous anniversary editions? Maybe Pearl White and CF Black will be one year colors for the 70h anniversary.
        They might swap out blacks but I doubt they get rid of Artic White. We’ll see. Definitely could see Caffeine and perhaps Ceramic Matrix grey getting the ax with these colors.

And yes, that was the 2012 centennial editions that had the carbon flash paint job. Those were sweet!

Click image for larger version

Name:	4EFA29FF-4954-4836-83D9-46E7957F1B09.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	333035

Comment

Originally posted by ME71819 View Post

My choices are the hypersonic grey or red mist, but since I'm likely a 2024 allocation there's no telling what's going to be available that year. Like Rick said, I don't ever see owning a Corvette in pearl white. Too much of a luxury sedan or SUV color.
          I once saw a satin finish, pearl white Aventedor parked on the street years ago. It was amazing. With the right configuration, it’ll look great IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseballer View Post

I once saw a satin finish, pearl white Aventedor parked on the street years ago. It was amazing. With the right configuration, it’ll look great IMO.
            So please advise where you saw this display?

Comment

Just the other day I was wondering why they don't do full on carbon flash. It's beautiful and looks very close to the Watkins Glen gray on my ZO6. If pearl white was available on my C8 I would have gone for it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                For the 2012, 100th Anniversary of Chevrolet, Corvette offered a black metallic paint which they called “Carbon Flash.”
                I was just digging through to find those pics. I loved that color. I would def consider it as second to Red at this point. Lighting is everything with this color. Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	217.8 KB ID:	333057

Comment

Originally posted by ccarrico29 View Post

Not a chance arctic white and standard black will go away. I would say ceramic matrix gray and caffeine would be more likely to be replaced.
                  I agree that those two colors are logical candidates to be replaced, but I really don't see GM selling two blacks in the same year. Since CMG is almost white already, I could see Pearl White replacing that. Maybe we'll have 3 or 4 new colors for the 70th anniversary?
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

So please advise where you saw this display?
                    I think I saw elsewhere that this was at the LA Auto Show.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks. I figured this might be the case just surprised nobody has picked up on this display till now. I do agree with you that while they show 14 only 12 will be active at any given time.

Comment

GM needs to broaden the color palette and explore the color spectrum.

I'd love to see Lime Rock Green and Black Rose make a return on the C8. Both of those colors really stand-out.
                        My C8:
                        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Yep, this was buried in a thread on the other forum. Definitely deserves it’s own thread IMO.

Comment

Very safe and boring, aside from Rapid Blue and Amplify Orange GM hasn't really played with the color pallet. If GM is serious about luring in younger buyers they would be wise to offer less grays, whites, blacks and give us at least 3 or 4 fun colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Campi View Post
                              Very safe and boring, aside from Rapid Blue and Amplify Orange GM hasn't really played with the color pallet. If GM is serious about luring in younger buyers they would be wise to offer less grays, whites, blacks and give us at least 3 or 4 fun colors.
                              It is crazy that 7 of the 14 colors in that display are either black, white, or grey.

It was recently mentioned that the two new color models were pulled from the display. Looks like we accidentally might have got a sneak peak.

Comment

Folks - IF (and I hope they do) GM does the 'Carbon Flash' then you'll all be truely amazed how much 'better' it is than the current Black. They are absolutely chalk-n-cheese when side-by-side. I have a 2012 HSV Senator in "Phantom" which is the same as the 2012 corvette 'Carbon Flash'. It is a true head-turner and MUCH easier to keep clean-looking than standard black. I have 2 mates that have 2010 ZR1's in black - on their own they look awesome (or course)......when I park next to them in the Senator they look so-so/weird/missing something?
                                It's definitely something you have to see in person - I have. My Z06 will be 'Carbon Flash' to match my wife's AW/MRD SR. 😀

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X