Two New Colors for 2023?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two New Colors for 2023?

Looks like Carbon Flash Metallic and some type of metallic or pearl white might be available for 2023.

Click image for larger version

Name:	114BEC80-4801-4279-89D9-C3CD1F1E09AD.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	332922

Name:	278F5160-6255-40D8-8F14-DB02092992B2.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	332921

Name:	C9BC7628-5DAA-4415-AB25-DFA14A2F8875.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	332919
    Attached Files

This is an amazing find. Was this display at the LA auto show? The speculative information about new colors has been about the yellow and blue getting darker metallic tints. But this showcases 14 colors which is certainly breaking news. Great find baseballer!

Comment

Interesting find. Don’t know if it would be something I’d go for but nice. Thanks.
      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Thanks!!! N😏but geez, GM… another white and black? So out of 12 colors we have 2 white, 2 black and 3 gray??? Seriously? More than half??? Come on man🙃 If it qas not for the Rapid Blue and Amplify Orange I would just buy a white and get it re-painted
        Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

I don't think the paint shop can do 14 colors without an expensive upgrade, so two of those colors will probably go away. If they're going to add CF Black and Pearl white, I'd bet on Arctic White and Black going away.

Didn't they do Carbon Flash on one of the previous anniversary editions? Maybe Pearl White and CF Black will be one year colors for the 70h anniversary.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

For the 2012, 100th Anniversary of Chevrolet, Corvette offered a black metallic paint which they called “Carbon Flash.”
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I agree that two of the 14 colors would need to go away due to as has been noted many times that the paint shop is only able to do 12 colors. Black is historically he third or fourth most popular color most years so I doubt it is going away completely but maybe just as noted above for 2023 there is a substitute of black metallic paint for it and standard black does go away (exactly what happened for the 2012 MY).
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                I don't think the paint shop can do 14 colors without an expensive upgrade, so two of those colors will probably go away. If they're going to add CF Black and Pearl white, I'd bet on Arctic White and Black going away.

Didn't they do Carbon Flash on one of the previous anniversary editions? Maybe Pearl White and CF Black will be one year colors for the 70h anniversary.
                Not a chance arctic white and standard black will go away. I would say ceramic matrix gray and caffeine would be more likely to be replaced.

Comment

History as least as black is concerned shows that it can and one year did go away — when in 2012 it was replaced by “Carbon Flash,” e.g., the metallic black. Could not for 2023 as the 70th Anniversary Design Package Arctic white go on similar one year sabbatical — being replaced by Pearlescent Metallic White for that one year?

Comment

2012 Centennial Edition Z06 in Carbon Flash.

Name:	546b6fa2d1ca8_-_2012-chevrolet-corvette-centennial-edition-lg.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	332962
                    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Pearl White and Carbon Flash, yummy.

Comment

It is hard to show the Carbon Flash paint accurately. Brad66’s picture above does it as well as anyones I have seen. Here would be my second picture choice of it (especially focusing on the vertical corner of the front fascia).

Click image for larger version  Name:	5A23CDC8-7C52-4B74-B1CF-CBEAB42145D0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.6 KB ID:	332965

Comment

If these are the new options, I'm just surprised. I'd like the pearl white on a Tahoe/Suburban SUV, but not on my corvette. I Love the Carbon Flash accents, but can't see myself with it in the entire car. I'll be leaning towards the Orange or Accent yellow for the Z06 if these are my choices. First, get an allocation........................
                          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

I just wondered, what if the 70th Anniversary Design Package is actually two options — though both with the fully dipped Adrenaline Red interior? One exterior color could be Pearlescent Metallic White. Could the other one be Carbon Flash?

Rick, we are personally with you that those two exterior colors will not be on our Z06. Instead if today’s news is later confirmed, it totally solidified us on Hypersonic Metallic.

Comment

Could this be a GM "fishing expedition" to get a reaction? So far no response from Baseballer about where he found this...so perhaps it was the LA show. Historically has GM floated a trial balloon up in the air gauge public reaction or is this fairly likely to be the new colors? I was hoping for a different/new color entirely...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X