Is the Z06 Yellow Different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Z06 Yellow Different?

GM has been known to change a Corvette color publicly without saying anything. As asked by “international blue” regarding these Corvette_Nut pictures, do you think it is a changed yellow? Or is it merely camera or monitor error/presentations?

Do you think this yellow is the same Accelerate Yellow we have now had for three years or again is GM “hiding in plain sight?”

Click image for larger version

Name:	F70CE046-F6EA-49C1-91CA-652C6C01CA90.jpg
Views:	1745
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	332435 Click image for larger version

Name:	513D6608-BC84-485A-BD0C-38590F40E3E5.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	332436 Click image for larger version

Name:	B603757E-FD60-4B71-AA15-202F99ED5FC8.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	332437 Click image for larger version

Name:	9F16EEB6-A380-4CE5-907B-66A0A087712F.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	332438 Click image for larger version

Name:	16865CD1-FE32-45E5-93C2-66E396AFB543.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	332439 Click image for larger version

Name:	E36BBF90-98A5-499A-A21E-629054906A04.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	332440
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Lighting and camera. In my opinion, I still see green under tones, but it's starting to grow on me 👍👍
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I am color defective so rarely see any green in AY (except under cloudy and low light conditions). However my artist wife sees it from a mile off and has exercised her color veto on it.

I have been lobbying GM for three years now for a return to a pure yellow Shared my feelings, this time for the 2023 model year, again with three key Corvette team members at the Z06 reveal — to which of course not a one properly responded back. I talked to Tadge, Harlan and to Brent Golliff — Color and Trim Manager.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Exactly the same as current color. I love AYM in photos, but in person in anything other than intense sunlight it is not an attractive color.

Comment

I wish they'd bring back the '67 Sunfire Yellow......the only yellow on ANY car that I've seen in the flesh that doesn't make me wince (and not a hint of green) 😁

Name:	67 Sunfire Yellow.png
Views:	326
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	332633

Comment

I want the millennium yellow back...
            Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
            Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
            AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

I too want it back (first choice), but would happily have Competition Yellow or Velocity Yellow also.

Comment

I have a 2020 accelerate yellow C8. I studied every photo available before I got the car. None really were close to the actual color. Fortunately the color of my car is awsome. and I love my C8.
                New C8: 3LT, GDO yellow, DTH CF Racing stripes, Q8Q CF wheels, Z51, J6E yellow calipers, E60 Front end lift, ZZ3 engine appearance pkg, FE4 mag ride, EYK chrome badges, FA5 C Fiber interior trim, AH2 GT2 seats, 3M9 yellow seat belts, HZN Natural Dipped Interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Unclestu View Post
                  I have a 2020 accelerate yellow C8. I studied every photo available before I got the car. None really were close to the actual color. Fortunately the color of my car is awsome. and I love my C8.
                  Ditto, except 2021…

i was all set to get orange but at the last minute, literally, i changed my build to AY, without ever seeing one in person. I love the color, the way it changes in different lighting. I think its an exotic color to match an exotic looking car…

Comment

Whatever color we feel in our hearts is our right color of course. Irrelevant what others think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 11ZSenator View Post
                      I wish they'd bring back the '67 Sunfire Yellow......the only yellow on ANY car that I've seen in the flesh that doesn't make me wince (and not a hint of green) 😁

Name:	67 Sunfire Yellow.png
Views:	326
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	332633
                      Same color as Brad's which is very impressive. charlie aka cutnout

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X