Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 11ZSenator View Post

couldn't agree more John 👍 maybe our OCD at play 😂
    Couldn't agree more. Wish I wasn't, but, it is what it is.
    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      The primary reason why the first thing I always do to all my vehicles is to remove most if not all the emblems and lettering from the rear. Why? Not because I am anti displaying with pride their company and their achievements, but it is because keeping the area inside the letters especially the “O” which is enclosed, is such a PIA — especially as we know that the rear end of every vehicle this day is a dirt and filth magnet due to aero being designed in for best fuel economy and in our sports cars for best performance.

Cleaning around those seven Corvette letters is not what I wish to do. Driving my Corvette is way more fun. Hence on our new Z06, what will go first is the seven Corvette letters on the rear fascia. A single, combined Z06 badge where one cleans just its perimeter, would be far better than three distinct letters of Z, O and 6 (and the “6” is even worse than the “O” because it is a smaller circle, harder to get inside of it and keep it pristine. I think that for those who know anything about the Corvette is that its Z07 wing will immediately tell those car folks it is a Corvette and for those who know nothing, if they can catch up to me at a stop light, I will gladly tell them, “it’s the new Z06 Corvette.” And if they do not meet up with me at the light, it is not that GM needs any more Z06 customers in the next four years lol.

This post is just my personal opinion. We de-badged our 2020 Stingray completely and have not had that interfere with its being a hoot to own, drive, and share with others.
      Hey John, My HTC is to be built the week of 12/6 and I am going to want to remove the rear "Corvette" letters. These are the only badges I will remove, just like my C7 Z06 was. How specifically did you go about removing the letters? Fishing Line? I'm concerned about paint damage .

Thanks,

-Garry

Comment

Originally posted by GarryL View Post

Hey John, My HTC is to be built the week of 12/6 and I am going to want to remove the rear "Corvette" letters. These are the only badges I will remove, just like my C7 Z06 was. How specifically did you go about removing the letters? Fishing Line? I'm concerned about paint damage .

Thanks,

-Garry
        I've seen fishing line, dental floss etc. The key is to warm them up a tad bit with a hair dryer/ heat gun. Any detail shop or PPF guy can do it easily and quickly.
        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

The one thing needed is patience, for is one get in a hurry and starts to pry up on one edge, that will force the other one down into the paint. Here’s a good thread to assist you.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...he-rear-fascia
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            The one thing needed is patience, for is one get in a hurry and starts to pry up on one edge, that will force the other one down into the paint. Here’s a good thread to assist you.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...he-rear-fascia
            Thank You John! Just what I needed!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X