Collapse

De-Badging: Doing A 180

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only downside to being fully de-badged is that I get a few more "what is that?" questions from the peanut gallery.

That still happened occasionally when I still flew the crossed flags on the front, but noticed a definite uptick when I went with the cleaner look.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
      The only downside to being fully de-badged is that I get a few more "what is that?" questions from the peanut gallery.
      I don't mind that as I enjoy the pleasantly surprised responses when I tell them 'It's a Chevy'.

Comment

I do enjoy the question, “is that a Ferrari”?
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Anyone know if the rear flag emblem on the Z06 will leave holes if removed?

Comment

It will not. There’s re only three body parts identical to the SR. The rear hatch is one, and as those of us who removed the Stingray know, no holes left there…
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia384 View Post
              Is there a chrome option for badges? Never been a fan of black plastic on my cars that's why I went with chrome on my C8. They don't look chrome and might actually be polished but I still like them.
              So if I got a car with those black badges I would consider removing them.
              Currently not on any List to purchase a Z06.
              Every body is different!

Comment

I won't be removing any badges. Never have and never will. I've always been proud to own Corvettes and will proudly display the flags, Corvette letters and the Z06 badge.

Comment

I’m a less is more type myself so I’d never add badges like some like to do. This new Z06 badge is certainly more low key and discreet, I’m a fan.

If I were to debadge, I’d most likely remove the cross flag badge on the rear deck. Especially if you have the carbon fiber engine cover with it’s own cross flag logo, I find it to be a bit excessive and redundant. With that said I’ll probably keep it on.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post

That still happened occasionally when I still flew the crossed flags on the front, but noticed a definite uptick when I went with the cleaner look.
                    My License Tag says it all.
                    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

How about Corvette letter removal on the rear fascia and substitution of the moved Z06 below-scoop badge to the Z’s lower fascia. Apologies to be one of our members who photoshopped that as per below, a Z06 badge there (sorry I do not remember who deserves that credit).

Click image for larger version

Name:	1A2A2ADB-6111-45DE-9C53-2B4A8F972298.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	661.2 KB
ID:	333275

Comment

That, I could live with....
                        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

I like that too.......or here in the middle (a thousand apologies for my crude rendition - no high-tech software in my house 😀)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Z06 rear emblem.png
Views:	44
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	333445

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
                            I won't be removing any badges. Never have and never will. I've always been proud to own Corvettes and will proudly display the flags, Corvette letters and the Z06 badge.
                            Same here....can't imagine doing something like this to my car...just my opinion.

Comment

The primary reason why the first thing I always do to all my vehicles is to remove most if not all the emblems and lettering from the rear. Why? Not because I am anti displaying with pride their company and their achievements, but it is because keeping the area inside the letters especially the “O” which is enclosed, is such a PIA — especially as we know that the rear end of every vehicle this day is a dirt and filth magnet due to aero being designed in for best fuel economy and in our sports cars for best performance.

Cleaning around those seven Corvette letters is not what I wish to do. Driving my Corvette is way more fun. Hence on our new Z06, what will go first is the seven Corvette letters on the rear fascia. A single, combined Z06 badge where one cleans just its perimeter, would be far better than three distinct letters of Z, O and 6 (and the “6” is even worse than the “O” because it is a smaller circle, harder to get inside of it and keep it pristine. I think that for those who know anything about the Corvette is that its Z07 wing will immediately tell those car folks it is a Corvette and for those who know nothing, if they can catch up to me at a stop light, I will gladly tell them, “it’s the new Z06 Corvette.” And if they do not meet up with me at the light, it is not that GM needs any more Z06 customers in the next four years lol.

This post is just my personal opinion. We de-badged our 2020 Stingray completely and have not had that interfere with its being a hoot to own, drive, and share with others.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                                The primary reason why the first thing I always do to all my vehicles is to remove most if not all the emblems and lettering from the rear. Why? Not because I am anti displaying with pride their company and their achievements, but it is because keeping the area inside the letters especially the “O” which is enclosed, is such a PIA
                                couldn't agree more John 👍 maybe our OCD at play 😂

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X