See less

De-Badging: Doing A 180

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like what you did there. Excellent idea that looks really nice.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
      I'm not getting a Z06, so I'm not sure what I'd do about the badges. I'd have to see some examples, but generally I lean towards less badges and lettering on my car. For my C8, the 'Corvette' lettering came off within the first week of ownership. Then when I had PPF done, the installer removed the front flag badge and asked if I wanted it reinstalled, and I said 'Just leave it off for now - I'll put it back on myself if I decide to'. I much preferred the clean look without the front hood badge, so I just stuck it in a drawer and that's where it's been since.

Click image for larger version Name:	MV1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.7 KB ID:	328855

Then when the Z06 was recently revealed, I saw the flag badge on the trunk lid and thought 'Hey, it looks pretty good there', so I got it out of the drawer and replaced the Stingray badge with it. I like it.

Click image for larger version Name:	rearbadge1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	328856

Click image for larger version Name:	rearbadge2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.8 KB ID:	328857
      I like the Badge there too shiumai....
      rickg747
      Senior Contributing Member & ZORA Patron
      Last edited by rickg747; 11-09-2021, 07:54 PM.
      Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

My c8 is silver flare. I planned to debadge but decided i liked them. However I did get the side scar in body color as well as the rear grates. If I were getting a zo6 (waiting for zr1) I would do the side scar in body color,remove the side zo6 and get the rear grates in body color. Unless of course the car was black then not necessary.
        ​​

Comment

will definitely be removing the rear corvette script. cross flag emblems stay, the Z06 badge probably comes off too

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
            I'm not getting a Z06, so I'm not sure what I'd do about the badges. I'd have to see some examples, but generally I lean towards less badges and lettering on my car. For my C8, the 'Corvette' lettering came off within the first week of ownership. Then when I had PPF done, the installer removed the front flag badge and asked if I wanted it reinstalled, and I said 'Just leave it off for now - I'll put it back on myself if I decide to'. I much preferred the clean look without the front hood badge, so I just stuck it in a drawer and that's where it's been since.

Click image for larger version Name:	MV1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.7 KB ID:	328855

Then when the Z06 was recently revealed, I saw the flag badge on the trunk lid and thought 'Hey, it looks pretty good there', so I got it out of the drawer and replaced the Stingray badge with it. I like it.
            Edited to add: The front flag badge on the C8 has a slight crease to match the crease in the hood, so it doesn't sit flat. I used a heat gun to carefully heat up the center of the badge, and then pressed it flat and let it cool. It sits flat on the trunk lid.

Click image for larger version Name:	rearbadge1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	328856

Click image for larger version Name:	rearbadge2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.8 KB ID:	328857
            Wow, the cross flag emblem looks much better than the stingray emblem there on the rear hatch. Good call…

I’ll remove “corvette” from rear and “Z06” frame sides. The cross flags stay front and rear.
            NavySuppo
            Banned
            Last edited by NavySuppo; 11-14-2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I too prefer debadged for the ease of cleaning and “old school” nosed/decked look. I feel however, for the additional $$$ the Z07 option is, that the Z07 logo should replace the Z06 badging. I also think the Z06 or Z07 badge should have been placed on the “spear” portion of the wishbone in leu of the fender. JMHO. I am pleased that the 2023 Z06 has lost the rear lettering that is on the Stingray though.
              Foreverfuelie
              Forum Founding Member
              Last edited by Foreverfuelie; 11-10-2021, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTS Bruce View Post
                My c8 is silver flare. I planned to debadge but decided i liked them. However I did get the side scar in body color as well as the rear grates. If I were getting a zo6 (waiting for zr1) I would do the side scar in body color,remove the side zo6 and get the rear grates in body color. Unless of course the car was black then not necessary.
                ​​
                I agree I'm waiting for the ZR1 as well!

Comment

Sorry Foreverfuelie but all the customer versions every Z06 will have the Corvette letters on the rear fascia where they are on the Stingray. They will be going bye-bye on mine immediately.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I was going to debadge the crossed flags and fish, but my detailer forgot to do it before the ceramic coating went on and I never went back to have him remove it. I've grown accustom to them for now. I'm also surprised how many non-corvette people comment that they like fish.

The flags will come off next time. I have to spend time with the car before I decided on the Z06 badges. I want at least one on the car somewhere. I'm not going Z07, so don't need to think about changing the badges to that.
                    2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

I have debadged some cars too. I did not debadge my C6Z. I did shave the rear emblem off my Hellcat, but not the fenders or front

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Sorry Foreverfuelie but all the customer versions every Z06 will have the Corvette letters on the rear fascia where they are on the Stingray. They will be going bye-bye on mine immediately.
                        I'll definitely be removing the stick on "CORVETTE" on the rear of mine then too.

Comment

I'll be de-badging the sides of the car. The Z06 logo on the air scoops just look awkward to me. I'll be optioning mine with aero so I don't feel the extra badging is necessary to proclaim to the world that it is a Z06.

Comment

I think it’s blasphemy to debage the Corvette. You may risk being struck by lightning.

Comment

A good point that with the wing that the car is already obvious as to what it is, so I am now thinking perhaps no badges at all (like our C8) or just retaining the front fascia V.

Comment

I’m not going to debadge mine when I get it. I do like the wheels on your car. What brand are they?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X