De-Badging: Doing A 180

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-Badging: Doing A 180

I have always de-badged my Corvettes. Our current C8 has no hood badge, no Stingray emblem on its rear deck, nor the Corvette letters on its rear fascia. But that is going to change.

I am going to leave this one on our Z06.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9F744DE4-789B-427D-956E-533C403506BF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	482.9 KB ID:	328241

What do you think of the “ Z06” emblem? Are you going to leave all three on your Z06 (the front emblem, the Z06 badge and the rear Corvette letters)? Or two of the three or just one? Or is your Z06 going naked of all adornments?

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I have never de-badged any car, but if there was one badge I personally would remove was that Z06 emblem on the side as the Z06 is already a bit too busy for my eyes with the wishbone thingy going on
    Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Please consider posting photos of debadged corvette. I usually like rebadging all cars. Never got around to debadged the c8 ...probably wont do the z06 .
      i do find the letters on the rear of the car catch polishing cloth once in awhile which is annoying. I prefer the look of debadged cars, id pay a few hundred as an option to have the factory deliver the vehicle with no badges at all if it were an option.

the z06 badge looks good. Id always leave that badge on if I were doing it myself.

Comment

@JB
        i too have found my Corvette letters on rear trunk catching my polish cloths. Too bad the Corvette team couldn’t develop a way to have the “Corvette” emblems to be embossed on the rear (similar to how leather is embossed) and then colored in the same or different colors other than the main color of the car.

Those letters are not the strongest either and every time I polish the car, I’m always ultra careful so as not to pull, stress or otherwise break them.
        07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Is there a chrome option for badges? Never been a fan of black plastic on my cars that's why I went with chrome on my C8. They don't look chrome and might actually be polished but I still like them.
          So if I got a car with those black badges I would consider removing them.
          Currently not on any List to purchase a Z06.

Comment

There is no chrome option (at least for the 2022's), and the way GM does it is also exactly the way Porsche and others do it. So I suspect it (the current method) is due to both cost constraint and tradition----- IMHO

Comment

I have never de-badged a car.

Comment

I always de-badge my vehicles.

Comment

I like the nose badge, but the Stingray on the back deck is just non inspiring at best. Pretty much just a black thing. I've seen some "decals" claiming to turn the rear badge into something with a shadowed effect, but not sure how well something like that would stick. I could live without the rear for sure. Not sure how to get the badges off, but I know John would tell me if I asked.

Comment

I have not debadged my C8, but I have seen a few videos and the car looks cleaner/better without them IMO.

I do like the location and look of the Z06 badge. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post
                      I have never de-badged any car, but if there was one badge I personally would remove was that Z06 emblem on the side as the Z06 is already a bit too busy for my eyes with the wishbone thingy going on
                      I love we have differing opinions. As noted by the team at the reveal were have over 10,000 combinations OEM. We customers will add more!
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by KAOS View Post
                        There is no chrome option (at least for the 2022's), and the way GM does it is also exactly the way Porsche and others do it. So I suspect it (the current method) is due to both cost constraint and tradition----- IMHO
                        Yes, still a chrome badge option on our Corvettes — which will go well for those who choose with the new for the Z06 machine polished wheels (and we think similar for 2023 Stingray but not yet confirmed.)

Please look at the bottom of the attachedment for option EYK.

Click image for larger version  Name:	207A4566-873C-4166-B5FA-C86AC07EA15E.jpg Views:	0 Size:	746.7 KB ID:	328288

Comment

Not to get further off-topic, but there is a EYK "Chrome Exterior Badge Package" for $100 on the '22s. It includes hood logo, rear deck stingray, and rear lettering. Hope to see mine soon.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Yes, still a chrome badge option on our Corvettes — which will go well for those who choose with the new for the Z06 polished wheels — and we think similar for 2023 Stingray but not yet confirmed.

Please look at the bottom of the attachedment for option EYK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	207A4566-873C-4166-B5FA-C86AC07EA15E.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	746.7 KB
ID:	328288
                            Exciting! When do you estimate irange calipers will be released forbthe Stingray? Or will orange calipers be for the Z06, only?
                            Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

No plan to debadge the Z06 and never do for any of my vehicles. But ALWAYS "de-dealer" the car by insisting no dealership logos anywhere, including the rear plate frame. I look forward to photos of Z06's with all badging removed.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X