MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 4 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 4 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
4 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
See more
See less

Hood lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood lines

I noticed something while watching the videos from last week. There are two squares on the hood centered right below the windshield. I have not seen these in any renderings.
    Are these some sort of camo added to hide something or part of the design of the new car?
    Any guesses?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lines3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	32671
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	77DE91D5-1D8B-478B-845D-4EEA42A28025.gif
Views:	299
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	32676 69 Camaro Sport hood?
    The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Good question Benplace. The rectangular bumps are appearing to be new. Whether they are exactly as you suspicion to throw us off, or they decided recently we need air extractor ducts to avoid uplift?

My guess is are they as you asked some new form of camo, that the uplift factor was resolved a very one time ago (either there was not one or more likely it was fully dealt with way back when). Additionally if they are air extractor ducts, they could reduce the size of the frunk and/or create a new avenue for water to get into it.

My belief is our renderers got too close and they want to have us now thinking something different than its reveal look.
      Last edited by John; 04-15-2019, 10:21 AM.
      So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Camouflage would be my guess

Comment

I think camo too.

Comment

Originally posted by Benplace View Post
            I noticed something while watching the videos from last week. There are two squares on the hood centered right below the windshield. I have not seen these in any renderings.
            Are these some sort of camo added to hide something or part of the design of the new car?
            Any guesses?

Click image for larger version Name:	Lines3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	32671

C7pimp said the version he saw had a center U shaped hood vent. Another eyewitness said there were 2 vents split in the center. (That’s your homage to the split window. ; ). )

Comment

I don’t think it’s camo. Nor do I think it’s a new addition. I think we are just seeing it now because the NY car has less/no padding under the camo on the hood

Comment

First I love the car but am wondering is the radiator in the front? I understand the brake ducts but what about the center area. Not a big deal just wondering.

Comment

There are probably two radiators in front, not in the center, but toward the corners. Could be an additional one in the center also — though that third one might be not be present until a higher performance version in the future. Front the front radiators there are water lines leading to the back, probably in the center spine, the area occupied by the torque tube in the FE C7. At least that is the way many other exotic ME are constructed.
                  So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I hope the hood lines aren't too busy, an air extractor or two maybe, but too many lines confuse the overall shape for me. The simpler the better, don't over stylize it. We maybe seeing camo'd lines where there are really none ... I obviously don't know.

Comment

Disguising two hood bulges, designed to allow the hood to be fully closed over two side by side golf bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                        Disguising two hood bulges, designed to allow the hood to be fully closed over two side by side golf bags.
                        Very short golf bags!
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Very short golf bags!
                          For custom Corvette telescoping shaft clubs!!

Comment

On this pic, I’m seeing a U shape in the camo and other pics 2 rectangular shapes in the same area. Possible cutouts or aero?

Click image for larger version  Name:	FBA3ECF4-1ECC-41D4-8FDF-C50BFCDD8F92.png Views:	0 Size:	504.7 KB ID:	32947

Click image for larger version  Name:	E300F8F4-EE9E-4F11-A30B-6B3506675398.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	541.3 KB ID:	32949
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Just_a_guy; 04-17-2019, 01:18 AM.

Comment

It also looks like a front sensor or camera here, but could also be the camo playing tricks on my eyes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	30A8980A-0329-4038-AFD0-850D88D6DB2A.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	32952

Attached Files

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X