MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

New Headlight Rendering From Yesterday’s Reveal Announcement Ride Thanks to Chazron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Headlight Rendering From Yesterday’s Reveal Announcement Ride Thanks to Chazron

New headlights based on production units with less camo! Thank you Chaz.

Originally posted by Chazcron
    New headlights, Photoshopped. With and without reveal date.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	89066838-ABA1-40A6-99AA-31741B5F310D.jpeg
Views:	4534
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	32369

Name:	3EFBA545-CFEC-45A5-BA4D-AE0C6135A79D.jpeg
Views:	1764
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	32370

Last edited by John; 04-13-2019, 12:29 AM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Can't thank Chaz enough for all the work he has done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dolfanlon View Post
      Can't thank Chaz enough for all the work he has done!!!
      Neither can GM

Comment

I bet Chaz may have had a strong influence on C8.

Comment

Thanks Chaz you are good, you have been so right on with the C 8

Comment

fvs and Chaz have provided us such fun!

However, there is quite a bit of time lag in the automotive field, between the design being signed off and the car’s appearing at its reveal. Specifically, the final design of the body panels themselves of the exterior of the C8 was completed more than two years ago. That does not mean that a splitter might have since been made 0.1 cm longer, or that the spoiler size and shape might not have changed a little since then as a result of real world aero testing including at Milford Proving Ground, Yuma, VIR, Nürburgring and similar.

Also changed a little the last two years, again as result of that testing, would be shock compression and rebound rates, engine mapping, yaw and other sensor calibrations, bushing rates, and similar engine, suspension and safety calibrations. So while a ton has changed in terms of final “tuning,” the body panels themselves were long ago cast in concrete. This has been confirmed in three different ways, the only public one being skank contacting the C8 body panel mold maker who confirmed those SMC panel molds were done way back when — and at over $1M per metal body mold for each panel....

Looking at this another way, and that is that previous Chief GM Designer (and GM VP) Ed Welburn, who retired on July 1, 2016, and even though that long ago, the first year C8’s design was completed on Ed’s watch. Ed deserves full credit for the C8 — of course along with his great design team.

The current GM head of design, Michael Simcoe’s influence on the C8’s appearance (other than maybe badge shape and color and similar minor things), will start to be seen on the wide body C8 versions. Mr. Simcoe started his first day at the head of GM design, similarly, on July 1, 2016.
            Last edited by John; 04-13-2019, 02:26 PM.
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I really, REALLY don't like those curved DRLs when the rest of the front end is so sharp. I hope that's not right.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                I really, REALLY don't like those curved DRLs when the rest of the front end is so sharp. I hope that's not right.
                Agreed. But I don't think you'll be disappointed with the real car. Those light bars for the DRL look dead-nuts straight to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=32049&amp;d=1555022258.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.3 KB ID:	32440

Comment

Did anyone else notice the door mounted rear view mirrors with a raised area on the top of the housing?

Comment

Thanks skank. What is that “bump?”

Comment

I believe there is still plenty of padding on the car. We'll just have to wait and see for sure.
                      frankb

Comment

Thanks Chaz!! Interesting take on the lights. Can't wait to see them for real ...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post

Agreed. But I don't think you'll be disappointed with the real car. Those light bars for the DRL look dead-nuts straight to me.

Click image for larger version Name:	fetch?id=32049&amp;d=1555022258.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.3 KB ID:	32440
                          IMO Chaz's rendering looks more curved while the real think is more angular. I think it/you will be fine!

Comment

Orange Crush C8 lovers, gather around.

Originally posted by Chazcron
                            Here is the Mary Barra camo photo overlaid with my Corvette, I've done some modeling on the headlights, but most is Photoshopped.

Name:	59112753-3385-4DB1-8F5F-7D5EF8B1FA3E.jpeg
Views:	1025
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	32812

Name:	3FFCB265-B495-4A76-8AB9-78887A35540F.jpeg
Views:	1011
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	32813

Comment

Oh yeah that’s one hot looking Vette ! Hopefully it too will be a dream to drive and even better than my
                              2015 C7 2Lt Vette !

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X