E-Ray Spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Ray Spotted

Thanks TFL shorts. With a super short 5 second video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AFB7A2D8-2B36-457D-8C22-728E9C63573E.jpeg
Views:	1100
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	319504

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

So with Camo only, excluding the exhaust location/spoiler, it looks exactly like the base Z06, including the "Lexus" looking front side bumper, which I'm not a huge fan off. But won't make me not get one. Just wish they could sharpen a couple lines. I actually like the wish bone a little, just wish they did something a little different with the front/side bumper.

So since they look the same, might as well reveal it at the same time of the Z06, lol....
    Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
    Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
    AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Actually probably looks closer to a stingray than the z06, either way the average person won't be able to differentiate them

Comment

I think the differences this time around (for us that notice will be quite bold).

1. Different Exhaust
        2. Entirely Different Sound
        3. Likely Clear Tail Lamps
        4. Different Aero (I'd really be keen to see if the eray/GS actually gets the high wing)
        5. Different Badging
        6. For those who want to take a peek behind the glass..........an entirely different power unit
        7. Sound
        8. Sound
        9. Sound
        10. Sound

I could go on and on with the sound It's almost as if THIS TIME AROUND when the 2 ships pass in the night (ahem, Corvettes) one person will be thinking "That's a freaking racecar" and other "That's boring". LOL I mean IMO.

Comment

Good analysis “fb!” I agree with almost all of your thoughts.

If I might differ on a point or two please, for the Z06 it was unique with the clear taillights (not even the wide bodied GS had them so I do not believe the E-Ray will. There will be a an additional major side difference so all can easily recognize as an E-Ray. I would suggest that they would be different wheels. There will also be a major difference looking directly at the front but what it will be ???
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I dunno...I'm interested to see how the e-ray works out performance wise and launch wise. It will still have the standard V-8 so I am sure there will be sound and varying hybrid modes from eco to race. Not Z06 sound but still. Also at this point I think they attract more attention running camo than not.

Comment

The complete E-Ray article with thanks from The Fast Lane Car.

Originally posted by TFL
              The Z06 is next in line, but a hybrid Corvette E-Ray is also imminent.

This generation has been a seismic shift for Chevrolet’s most iconic sports car, and this hybridized E-Ray continues the trend, if that’s what we’re looking at here. Word on the street — and naturally the E-Ray Forums — is that this is the electrified car. Packing an electric motor or two to complement the more familiar V8, folks are spotting this prototype left and right testing high up in the Rocky Mountains. We have a short clip of it up in the Colorado mountains, and it’s even been spotted at GM’s Nürburgring test facility.

So what do we know about the mysterious Corvette E-Ray at this point? The rumor mill is atwitter, but there’s little we have locked down with absolute certainty at this point. This is not an all-electric Corvette, although GM is planning in that direction. Here, you can see exhaust outlets in many of the spy shots, including ours.

Right now, the general consensus leans toward a front-mounted electric motor backing up the Stingray’s mid-mounted 6.2-liter V8. As with the straight gasoline-powered Corvette C8, that V8 will power the rear wheels. Power will naturally increase from 495 horsepower (with the Z51 package) to between 600 and 650 horsepower. If that’s true — again, nothing’s confirmed yet — that would put the Corvette E-Ray near parity with the upcoming Z06.

What else may we expect?

This time around, though, the front motor may just provide the Corvette some form of all-wheel drive capability. GM could also offer plug-in capability and all-electric drive on the front motor alone, depending on how large a battery we’re talking about in what is still, at its heart, an out-and-out sports car. I suspect the E-Ray may pack some different handling characteristics to the standard C8, taking into consideration the extra weight and an electric motor on the front axle. Mind you, I could be entirely wrong about that — we’ll have to wait and see.

How long will that wait be? It’s tough to say, though it’s quite possible we could see this car debut after the Z06 formally launches. That would likely mean a mid- to late-2022 reveal, followed by the first hybrid Corvette E-Ray possibly hitting dealers in early 2023. An even more powerful version, colloquially dubbed the “Zora”, may still debut sometime in the next couple years. Finally, we’ll likely also see the daddy of all Corvettes, the ZR1, make an appearance before GM finally transitions to a next-generation, all-electric model.
              https://tflcar.com/2021/10/chevy-cor...ied-more-info/

Comment

Mid-to-late 2022 reveal is what they are predicting. That is later than some have hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Mid-to-late 2022 reveal is what they are predicting. That is later than some have hoped.
                  So 2023' I'm assuming? GM wouldn't do 2 new models in 1 year would they?

Comment

Birdies are whispering that Mary Barra wants the E-Ray out soonest! However they never have before brought out two models in one year.

But as they have so many more models to go during the C8 generations, and even more important it is a major GM push toward electric, those two factors could make the E-Ray’s debut ahead of the 2024 model year. One thing we all know that once the Z06 and the Stingray are both going down the line together, introducing the E-Ray will cut down drastically, clearly 1 for 1 on those two models together being made — for their is no additional BGA capacity to be created. And with Z06 demands already exceeding two year, maybe already being three years long…

As to the idea that the E-ray would be made elsewhere, I think the chances of that are less than 1%.

So while my best guess is that the E-Ray is not until it being a 2024, I would not bet 51% on that.

Comment

Fwiw I agree Id hardly call the LT2 powerplant boring sounding to those who are outside of the cockpit when the roof is on...

inside its relatively quiet which I believe the corvette team can easily address...

outsode the lt2 sting ray sounds great.

the hybrid electric wont sound worse...it will sound the same as ..

jmo

Comment

“As to the idea that the E-ray would be made elsewhere, I think the chances of that are less than 1%.”

Just my opinion, but I think it would be 0%.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          Fwiw I agree Id hardly call the LT2 powerplant boring sounding to those who are outside of the cockpit when the roof is on...

inside its relatively quiet which I believe the corvette team can easily address...

outsode the lt2 sting ray sounds great.

the hybrid electric wont sound worse...it will sound the same as ..

jmo
                          Adding an after market exhaust fixes this problem lol. You can hear mine for sure inside the cabin. Granted, you do hear it all the time, but its not annoying, but it is there. If this was my DD, I would not add the exhaust. I may still add one to my E-Ray just because I like the sound. Even if it is a hybrid, I still want to be heard, lol. But an E-only mode to allow me to pull out of my driveway and down the street before I start the engine would be awesome.
                          Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                          Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                          AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Originally posted by oooseun View Post
                            Actually probably looks closer to a stingray than the z06, either way the average person won't be able to differentiate them
                            Same wide body as the Z06, same front grills as the Z06, same sharktooth / wishbone as the Z06, which you can actually see the outline of in the photo in the first post.
                            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Wouldn’t it be a kicker if it was a Z06 with electric motors?!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X