• Show
Clear All

• C8 Pizza Delivery vehicle

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211011_183258.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	318931

Yes, I did. I brought home a pizza under the tonneau. Worked great. Didn't slide around at all. I was a bit surprised, however, to find I could really smell the pizza inside the car. The area under the tonneau is not sealed off from the interior. So keep the covers for the oil filler and radiator overflow sealed tight.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

YUM! Wish I have been at your house to enjoy.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Yum; YUM! Wish I have b even to have some at your house.
      Let me know any time you come east. You're welcome any time. I'll even make my famous (in at least 3 states!) home-made pizza for you.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Just making sure - no oil smell or taste on the pizza through, right?
        Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

Originally posted by KK87 View Post
          Just making sure - no oil smell or taste on the pizza through, right?
          Correct. The engine fumes seem to be contained below the heat shield, as long as you have the rubber flaps closed. Since I could smell the pizza, I'd be able to smell any fumes if that area wasn't sealed.

Comment

How high is the available space? Nothing touched the box?
            2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

The two roof sections lay on top of each other when the roof is down. I haven’t measured the height, but I guess you could probably do at least 2 pizzas.

Comment

That's one way to foil the pizza Noid!

Comment

Enough height for two pizzas?
                  Chicago style or thin crust?
                  you could also add a plastic liner in your frunk and make an ice chest!
                  1974 Fiat X1/9, 1986 & 2000 Toyota MR2, 2005 Lotus Elise, all mid-engine. 1993 Corvette convertible. Time to merge mid-engine/Vette!
                  2020 C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray, Black interior with red stitch, red seat belts, 3LT, E60 lift, ZZ3, red calipers, Spectra Gray Trident Spoke Wheels, Z51, Magnetic Select Ride Control, SC7.
                  Born 2/17/2020. Got the garage ready with an epoxy floor. Two coats of epoxy, one layer of colored chips, and a coat of clear.
                  My garage is my new favorite room at my house!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
                    How high is the available space? Nothing touched the box?
                    Haven't measured, but nothing touched. Definitely taller than one pizza box.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend that mode of transport for egg drop soup. Next thing you know is GM will give a OTA update that limits your speed to 12 MPH if there's pizza under the tonneau

Comment

We LOVE Ledo's pizza !!!

See you in OC this weekend......
                        3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

If you're willing to leave the top up, you could use this space to augment your luggage capacity. Just think how much you could fit in a space bag when you compress it!

Comment

This is neat

Comment

Lucky! i can't fit a costco pizza in my coupe, and i don't have a second car

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X