MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 4 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 4 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
4 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
See more
See less

New ME Taillights & Black Is Beautiful, Truly Drop Dead Gorgeous, In This Render

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.O & taillight revision thanks to Chaz.

Originally posted by Chazcron
    More taillight work, still some Photoshop, but less this time, rendered in orange.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EDF1FD64-5992-422F-AF17-CBB70287BC8B.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	31971Click image for larger version

Name:	20ED777A-B1BD-4788-BB38-F7431DE4A883.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	31972

Last edited by John; 04-10-2019, 10:11 PM.
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

She certainly has the family "hips"

Comment

Originally posted by jsmatt View Post
        I have friends who have black corvettes with the Ceramic coatings, they are a lot easier to keep clean that way.
        Love the ceramic coating on my DSOM, but it doesn't keep the pollen from turning it green this time of year. It does make washing the pollen off easier, though. My next car will get ceramic coated in it's first week in my possession.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I just talked to my pro who does any/all needed paint correction (though he noted a lot less since the new paint shop), does CQuartz Finest, and with his outstanding subs, also window tinting & Xpel Ultimate. He concurred that getting a ceramic coating will make keeping a black car looking better longer, but of course added the caveat that it will not prevent improper treatment of your paint.

Looking today that my car will go from the dealer right to his shop for all the above — whether it would be black or BSM, LBR, SGM or Accelerate Yellow (whatever the heck that last one turns out to be).
          Last edited by John; 04-11-2019, 12:15 PM.
          So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

With the technology in spray and wipe products using SiO2, the future of shop applied Ceramics is on the chopping block.

I've used two different SiO2 products on non-coated cars and they performed equal to or better than my coated car. Which is to say, it made my non-coated cars shed water and debris the same or better as my coated car at a fraction of the cost. Sure I'll need to give the paint some TLC prior to and periodically with the spray and wipe, but that's okay... for me it's a therapeutic check out for my mental health. That's not to say you couldn't have someone correct the paint and not apply any protectant. You'll then be able to apply the SiO2 of your choice over the work they did. Take it for what it is... as it's just an opinion, but an opinion based on experience.

I've use BlackFire SiO2 & Fictech Car Gliss, the BlackFire was a better performer and provided a better appearance IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              S.O & taillight revision thanks to Chaz.

Name:	20ED777A-B1BD-4788-BB38-F7431DE4A883.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	31972

Name:	kTMb8beEc.png
Views:	165
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	32022
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I'm a blue car guy but that orange looks amazing. Might have to reconsider my color choice.
                1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                1970 coupe - Bridgehampton Blue / Bright Blue
                2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Black is definitely my choice. Nice rendering.

Comment

Black may be ours also. We are going to walk around at the BASH and look hard at four colors, including black, BSM, LBR and SGM.

Comment

Nice job Chaz ... I'm thinking you may have gotten a close as a render can get here

Comment

While I agree with the above C8UR911 & Racer X’s posts ~ Black is where “Elegance meets Sinister” and very, very few other “colors” can look as Spectacular, when clean. Click image for larger version

Name:	A335B244-7555-4EEC-8435-979ABF1FD06E.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	32569

Comment

Originally posted by Foreverfuelie View Post
                          While I agree with the above C8UR911 & Racer X’s posts ~ Black is where “Elegance meets Sinister” and very, very few other “colors” can look as Spectacular, when clean. Click image for larger version

Name:	A335B244-7555-4EEC-8435-979ABF1FD06E.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	32569
                          I'd consider black, because of the reasons you mention... the caveat of "when clean" is my only reservation

Comment

Im daily driving a black corvette for over a decade...

i dont actually find it that bad...

i drive about 11k a year and i just wash and spray wax the car every week.

i literally have it down to 12 minutes flat...

twice a year i hit the car with the griots orbital polisher ....which takes about an hour...

if you want black guys...go for it...

im thinking of going very traditional again which brings me to torch red and black interior...but for me...

i need to see the vehicle first to decide which color i want...

fwiw...interestingly enough I thought the white c7 z06 with a few body painted scoops and a light grey interior was a very stunning color combination...one of my favorites although the vehicle did look good in so many variations of colors..

the c6 I thought needed black to smooth out the appearance of the headlight buckets amd door opening area...

again all the colors are nice....especially when the headlight buckets in the c6 went black...

i was never a fan of the headlight light bulb look on the c6 so minimizing it with a black color bucket helped hide it...

the c6 headlights were very much like the ferrari 360 at the time and that design pretty much is the dating feature of the design...

just ranting on and on as we wait...

btw the c7 headlights are stunning

Comment

All black with the natural interior z51 2lt is sounding mighty fine!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X