MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

New ME Taillights & Black Is Beautiful, Truly Drop Dead Gorgeous, In This Render

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ME Taillights & Black Is Beautiful, Truly Drop Dead Gorgeous, In This Render

Chaz, absolutely spectacular rendering. I love the revised taillights! You have done it again. But then again, I vowed to never again have a black Corvette due to the work in keeping it pristine. However, my next Corvette might be black as a result of this render

Noticing also how much more curvature the rear fascia has than our C7’s.

Thanks Chaz!

Originally posted by Chazcron
    I did spend some time refining the shape of the taillights. The inner black trim on the taillights is still Photoshop. And black is always smokin'.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CC2DE3A7-D6F2-445F-821A-1FE31A2617BA.jpeg Views:	322 Size:	69.9 KB ID:	31798
    Last edited by John; 04-09-2019, 08:50 AM.
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Thanks, Chazcron, this looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by brinkofspeed View Post
      Thanks, Chazcron, this looks amazing!
      Yes it does. The real reveal is in my opinion going to have serious competition to your renders. Looking better all the time. Thanks Chaz.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Black c8 looks awesome. The rear tailights are well done in these sketches..

keep the art coming,

Always fun to see your vision of the mext gen corvette

Comment

Very sexy, and I'm also warming-up to the wing spoiler (assuming it looks this good in reality).
          Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
          "Delta t = 23"

Comment

i too am warming up to the spoiler, though as you noted, “assuming it looks this good in reality.”
            So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I've said this in response to some other renders: "I'm not generally a fan of black cars, but the [renders of] the C8 in black look positively evil." In a good way.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I absolutely love the spoiler. Who wants the same old spoilers? That looks extremely spectacular.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

Ive been working on positivity training after a brief exchange with a new friend about this new spoiler; it goes like this -

I DO LIKE THE NEW SPOILER!
                  I DO!
                  I DO!

Nothing yet, but I'll update if it actually works

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                    I absolutely love the spoiler. Who wants the same old spoilers? That looks extremely spectacular.
                    The spoiler in this render certainly looks better than the bulky, droopy spoiler in some of the spy shots.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Agreed - similar to the C7 wing spoiler.

Comment

Warning to all: black is not a color...it’s a second job. May God be with those who choose black. You’ve been warned...

Comment

I sold my C 6 to buy a C 7, I sold my C 7 recently so I can buy the C 8, I've loved them all so I'm sure I'll love my C 8, I plan to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
                            Warning to all: black is not a color...it’s a second job. May God be with those who choose black. You’ve been warned...
                            That is funny... and technically accurate to boot...

Comment

Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
                              Excellent post C8UR911! So true. Why black was my first Corvette, but none since. However, seeing this rendering does awake my consideration of choosin to get my second, full time, detailing job. Black is so delightful looking when full time maintained!

On the cynical side, a comment from a friend who has also owned a black Corvette and who has vowed never to get another one (and he chooses to details his cars close to 24/7), “if you own a black car, it will never look as good again as it did in the showroom.”
                              Last edited by John; 04-09-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X