Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Four Z06 Plus One Sighting in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Z06 Plus One Sighting in Ohio

A good friend of mine, Roger, made my day this morning.

Roger checked into the hotel outside Columbus, Ohio Tuesday night and noticed a C8 parked out back. Upon further investigation, lo and behold four Z06 test mules were staying in the hotel. Roger is on the list to buy a C8 Z06 so is very aware of this car.

Next morning Roger was able to listen to them as they left the hotel parking lot and accelerate onto the freeway. The exhaust sound of four of the Z06's was exceptional! The last one drove by leaving the parking lot in silent mode, no exhaust sound, even getting up on the freeway. Apparently moving under all electric power. Assuming the E Ray.

Here are some photos and video Roger was able to take. Security was very tight.

Hope you enjoy them as much as Roger and I have.

Thanks Roger!

From the below videos…

Click image for larger version  Name:	E91C6944-B35D-4136-AD6D-665E7BB6BB6B.jpeg Views:	68 Size:	379.5 KB ID:	311584

Click image for larger version  Name:	94EB5EA6-E866-46F5-A57B-6B247A0A5840.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	460.0 KB ID:	311585
    Click image for larger version  Name:	32D2CA7D-723F-43BC-8F1E-F7D714813109.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	621.5 KB ID:	311586
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8841B8A5-3FEC-4493-A46C-DAC05EDA7BDB.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	615.9 KB ID:	311587

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoPUDft7cU5liW4K...2tysv?e=LZlOtH

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoPUDft7cU5liWwU...Sdi7w?e=UFe2rv

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoPUDft7cU5liW_k...bnGc3?e=FY6bAH

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoPUDft7cU5liW1n...sVIFa?e=DdRVQK

For those who are having video accessing difficulty, here is one combined YT format video.

Last edited by CorvetteBlogger; 09-16-2021, 03:04 PM.

Thanks so much for these video's. Looking at the first video there appears to be an Torch Red Dipped interior that I have not seen before. Can you confirm what he saw in person?

Comment

The videos pretty much sum up what Roger saw.

Obviously they were the staff was not talking.

Looks like one HTS in the batch.

I did notice the red interior that was pretty striking!

Comment

Exciting find 👍👍 Thanks for making my morning that much better 🍻
        Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I also noticed the red headliner, sunvisors and a-pillers in the first video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red headliner zo6.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	311570
          2021 2LT Elkhart Lake Blue coupe, GT2 seats, Black Nappa Interior, FA5 Carbon Interior trim, NPP exhaust, FE2 Mag Ride, E60 Front Lift, Deposit @ MacMulkin 20 Dec 2020 #738 --2000 Status May, 15 2021--3000 Status, Sept 2, 2021--4000 Sept 7, 2021--5000 Sept 10, 2021 Delivered Sept 18, 2021

Comment

The Stingray may be prettier. Long view.

The quite Mode is as sedated as the Stingray's. It May have a soft-surprise suspension mode to match. I am assuming that is the way it will be.

My C5 Z06 is always thunder, always stiff. The C8 Z06, I am guessing, will prove to be widely and notoriously versatile. October Surprise?
            Last edited by SheepDog; 09-16-2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Excellent post Psmithzr1! Please thank you friend Roger from us all. I did some tiny changes to your superb OP to make it a featured slider thread. Thank you!
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that even on the Z07, that the side rocker is very different? Hmmm.

Name:	D120DCAF-B6B6-41F9-923E-B24DB994CFE0.jpeg
Views:	635
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	311589

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Anyone think the big ol' CB antenna will be standard? Smokey and the Bandit time! 😂

I'm assuming the possible Eray sighting wasn't captured on video as I clearly heard exhaust, and most likely FPC exhaust, on the videos posted.
                  2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

With “whl3’s”’s confirmation we just were able to verify my belief that drivin the first car is Mike Hurley, Senior Corvette Engineer. Mike’s work home is Milford Proving Grounds.

Thanks Mike for insuring we have a first class Z06!

Name:	B438EC47-FA83-4994-9EAB-F46E65994E63.jpeg
Views:	625
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	311611

Comment

It is fun to see these. Thanks PSmithzr1 and friend Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        With “whl3’s”’s confirmation we just were able to verify my belief that drivin the first car is Mike Hurley, Senior Corvette Engineer. Mike’s work home is Milford Proving Grounds.

Thanks Mike for insuring we have a first class Z06!

Name:	B438EC47-FA83-4994-9EAB-F46E65994E63.jpeg
Views:	625
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	311611
                        What an awesome job.
                        2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Mike is one of the super good guys. Happiest when doing his job in the background. He was at the Nurburgring. Never wants any credit or attention, but sorry Mike for we got you in the public eye today.

Comment

Remember the 47 C8 videos in “Corvette Academy? If not, they can be found/re-found by opening up YouTube and in the search box typing in “Corvette Academy.” You will have all 47 to choose from.

Mike Hurley did the one there on the 4th generation mag ride that pioneered with the C8:

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
                              Thanks so much for these video's. Looking at the first video there appears to be an Torch Red Dipped interior that I have not seen before. Can you confirm what he saw in person?
                              that looks Morello Red to my eye......

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X