GM’s Z06 Video Dissected A Little More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM’s Z06 Video Dissected A Little More

Thanks to Cars, Costs and Technology for this video.

i wonder where and if this 3-D video might be placed on the car? Instead of the Stingray badge on the rear deck?

Click image for larger version

Name:	F5C0AF1D-109C-4792-85C5-823490E1348E.jpeg
Views:	7640
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	291060

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

The 2023 Z06 can be produced starting mid year, midway between the 2022 and 2023 Stingrays. It is just a string of numbers. The addition of the 5.5L powertrain completely rebirths the identity of the Corvette. The ME was only half of it. The FPC engine will speak to the Italians, French, Brits, Germans and other Europeans in-their-native-tongues.

Comment

So thinking out loud, wondering if I can change more order to the Z06 since I’m still months away from allocation?
      202(1 or 2) Arctic White HTC Z51 with all the Goodies 😎

Comment

That is up to your dealer. Won’t hurt to call and ask your salesperson. Good luck!
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Interesting stuff...I don't see anything making me want to trade up yet. I do like the way they are headed with the Corvette.
          HTC, GKZ, HUV, 2LT, AQ9, E60, Q8Q, NPP, J6F, GT1 seats

Comment

C8 Z51 in line for a ZR1

Comment

Any downside to a flat plane crank when driven at slower speeds?

Comment

Very fair question. Flat plane cranks have historically had lower torque at lower RPM’s. Has GM something up its sleeve with gear ratios to address that? Or will the Z06 have more torque than the LS2 and compensate that way? Or will the two together compensate?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  i wonder where and if this 3-D video might be placed on the car? Instead of the Stingray badge on the rear deck?

Click image for larger version  Name:	F5C0AF1D-109C-4792-85C5-823490E1348E.jpeg Views:	932 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	291060
                  Going back to this spyshot I think the best option would be using the Z06 emblems on the front fenders. I don't think a replacement of the Corvette lettering on the rear would look good because of the wide bodylines there. On the top of the trunk the logo might fit but is barely visible and might not go as good with the bodylines as the stingray emblem.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=197231&d=1602198720.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.5 KB ID:	291179

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

There’s a plethora of edits in that tease. It’s going to be fun to see more dissections that explore the numerous graphics that are cut in throughout the production.

More fun/exciting times for Corvette!

Comment

With a reveal this fall I can see these cars to start being produced next spring.

Comment

I respectfully disagree for the following:

*The time period between the C7 Z06’s reveal and the start of its manufacture was exactly 10 months. We have had similar amounts of time for recent but other new models of the Corvette.
                        *GM is way behind in getting out enough Stingrays to meet demand and with the 2022 model year starting sometime in September (as earlier as September 7th and NLT September 21st), that will make a shortened production year (scheduled right before July 4th end of it).
                        *The Z06 introduction into the line to further make CTF’s is why we have seen some 164 production days and not back to to back 184 days (even right after a one-week shutdown and parts have been fully re-stocked). They made roughly 700 C8 CTF’s and while we doubt that many for the Z06, they could well make 500 of them — again interfering with trying to catch up on C8 Stingray demand.
                        *But way more important than all of these is that the C7 Z06 is currently very far from production ready; different birdies who are completely reluctant to share a single Z06 fact or component with me (different from pre-C8 days, and good for their integrity — and nor have I asked any such questions), have all said, “there is lots more development work to be done on the Z06 at this time.”
                        *Couple this will that GM is learning that the longer between a reveal and customer cars flowing down the line, the crankier some get. But again the Z06 is so far from production ready at this time.

For all these reasons, I am personally thinking we will not see the Z06’s reveal as soon as many have voted on our poll thread, instead my thinking is that we will not see the Z06’s prior to November, with manufacture at the earliest starting July, August or even September..

Sorry for while I could be getting a week one of manufacture Z06, I too wish it were not coming sooner. However even though patience is not my strong suit (understatement), I am in the camp, “GM take all the time you want and need to get the Z06 out the way your want and need it to be.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia384 View Post
                          Any downside to a flat plane crank when driven at slower speeds?
                          The next-generation Z06 (I would rather have the C8 GT3 designation) will most likely be an overhead 4 cam V8. I do not take the flat crankshaft for granted.
                          LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package
                          Delivered September 16, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post

The next-generation Z06 (I would rather have the C8 GT3 designation) will most likely be an overhead 4 cam V8. I do not take the flat crankshaft for granted.
                            I think you missed the ‘hint’ at the start of the tease, not to mention the FPC that resides in the C8R

Comment

Originally posted by UCF.Fan48 View Post
                              So thinking out loud, wondering if I can change more order to the Z06 since I’m still months away from allocation?
                              The answer is probably yes, but. I think most dealers keep a separate list for Z06s than for Stingrays, so you'd go to the back of that list, not keep your place in line based on your Stingray deposit. Depending on when you made your initial deposit, and how many deposits and allocations your dealer has, your allocation could move back quite a lot.
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X