C8’s: Transporter To Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8’s: Transporter To Florida

Thanks to our “ltomn” who is driving his C8 from Florida to Montana! He captured this a few minutes ago at a truck stop on the Florida/Georgia border. Thanks, for more great news for 10 more real-soon C8 owners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AB803496-02F1-4E6F-BC17-BCF5D4720423.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	4.31 MB
ID:	290876

Name:	8FDC32CF-542A-4245-8363-C29E52ABD931.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	290877
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

More transporter pictures early on this foggy, cloudy morning. As he noted, it was at a Loves Truck Stop, and lots of loving coming to ten soon in-love-with-them owners.

Name:	DF7D7A9A-8658-45C2-9B33-5371306F3C0B.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	290881 Click image for larger version

Name:	9534337F-556F-42BF-B6A3-5990DC154DDF.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	290882 Click image for larger version

Name:	FA91C031-5EE1-41CD-82E4-0B6249142B5C.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	290883 Click image for larger version

Name:	659C8030-2403-4F8A-8E48-95AB2C1BE121.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	290884

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

A short video of the transporter if anyone would like to download it.

Transporter.mov
      1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I'm glad I don't have to load those things on the truck and then drive them across the country. I know these guys do it all the time but, I'd rather watch!

Comment

It is a tight fit for sure. I was many years ago following a transporter who had just picked up a complete load of new Mercedes at an East Coast port. Just as I was about to pass him on the New York Thruway, he blew a left front tire and completely rolled over onto his side into the center medium. Luckily he did a lot of sliding instead of twisting and turning. Two of us stopped our vehicles and ran over; miraculously except for a broken arm (that was visibly obvious) and his being in shock (he kept repeating “I heard and saw my front tire explore”), we stayed with him until the State Trooper arrived. Every car was destroyed, as of course was his truck and trailer. I too will pass on that profession but better than being a gasoline tanker driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
            I'm glad I don't have to load those things on the truck and then drive them across the country. I know these guys do it all the time but, I'd rather watch!
            I'd be nervous driving one of those across the country...afraid a deer my run out in front of me or something....😮

Comment

Let me add that only 1/2 hour later I spied two more transporters, identical to the pictured one, heading south in south Georgia. I can’t help but think that 20 more C8’s were bound for Florida. They were in the southbound lane and I didn’t pass them going north.

Comment

Today, while motoring across Kansas, I saw an Accelerate Yellow HTC one with black top and black body strips. Also a Silver HTC with a black top, similar to my own.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X