Racing stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing stripes

building my black C8 in the new configure, I want subtle racing stripes. The silver are too "loud". Black you really cant see. The Carbon flash on the configure is the closest but still looks too light. Not sure how to post all three pictures for you to see. Thoughts?

That is entirely a personal preference. If I went with black I would definitely want silver with silver rims to match.
    Your choice as we all have different taste thankfully.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Additional choices should you wish and of course the degree to which they are subtle or stick out has a lot to do with your exterior paint color.

Some choose additionally just the hood stinger strip with its additional three choices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C4481C5F-A6C0-4491-9A02-851F3F36FF71.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	233.2 KB ID:	289711
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Racing stripes are laid down front to rear through the drivers seating position as an aid in drift angle. In a modern car they are a throw back useless bling option like C.F. and chrome.

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks GTS Bruce, I had no idea as to their origin. But if one likes them, they are a visual satisfaction component.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-01-10 Corvette Stingray for Sale 2021 Corvette Stingray Pricing Chevrolet.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	289787 This would be my choice

Comment

If you want stripes Cobra384 nailed it.

Comment

If your not satisfied with any of the factory offerings, a competent sign shop can offer any shade of gray or black vinyl and and produce custom stripes as good or better than what GM offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia384 View Post

Name:	Screenshot_2021-01-10 Corvette Stingray for Sale 2021 Corvette Stingray Pricing Chevrolet.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	289787 This would be my choice
                  Carbon Flash ?? I like it, nice and subtle

Comment

I would recommend not relying on the configurator to visualize. It just isn't a very good approximator to what your car will look like in real life.

I would suggest looking for some real life pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Vette Interested View Post
                      If you want stripes Cobra384 nailed it.
                      I agree...but I would seriously consider not adding vinyl tape stripes to a beautiful black C8.
                      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                      '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                      '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                      '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                      '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post

Carbon Flash ?? I like it, nice and subtle
                        Sorry I configured it quite some time ago so I am not exactly sure but I think it was midnight grey

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia384 View Post

Sorry I configured it quite some time ago so I am not exactly sure but I think it was midnight grey
                          I like the midnight grey, but you don't have any other choices for something more subtle. You might see what a shop that does PPF can get that would be closer to your liking. Have to be custom made, so expect higher cost for the look.

Comment

I have been configuring a black C8 with a two tone red interior (just fantasizing at this point, sadly). i would like some subtle red accents to compliment the black with red combo. Decided I didn't want full length stripes so I went with a more limited approach. Specified red calipers, red stinger stripe, red hash marks and lately I decided I even like red lettering on the back. Not to everyone's taste but when I win the NCM build-your-own raffle 😉 this is probably what mine will look like. --Bob

Name:	BlackRedHTC2.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	289928 Click image for larger version

Name:	BlackRedHTC.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	289929

2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                            -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                            1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                            1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                            1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                            ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                            Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                            NCM Lifetime Member
                            Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                            "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
                              If your not satisfied with any of the factory offerings, a competent sign shop can offer any shade of gray or black vinyl and and produce custom stripes as good or better than what GM offers.
                              ^^^This

To the OP, something that was real popular on Miata's a while back is what was known as ghost stripes. Matte clear vinyl. It give you matte stripes the same color as the car. Can't get much more subtle than that.
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X