Latest Interior Rendering/Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Interior Rendering/Picture

Starting with Carscoops picture, for without it, there would nothing for us to view. Chazcron then modified its orientation to make it appear more as we would see it straight on, and then added in his rendering of the passenger “A” pillar, full door frame and side mirror.

Thank you and credit to Carscoops for their original picture here: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/20...will-be-named/

Click image for larger version  Name:	1F2A03B4-3627-4352-ACA4-44922D665FAE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	30884

It was edgewise rendering enhanced by Chazcron. Thank you Chazcron, but again it all started with thanks to Carscoops!

Originally posted by Chazcron
    Here is my latest render of the passenger side mirror. I fully give credit to CarScoops.com for the two interior images (all watermarks included) I adapted to lend authenticity to my mirror.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6FAB26BE-98B3-44BB-96F9-464E2918DDC1.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	30886
    Last edited by John; 03-31-2019, 02:06 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks Chazcron!

Comment

Some observations.

This appears to be a coupe, meaning that the rear window is fixed, and there for noise/safety/heat reasons. The window extends to the centerline of the seat. It will be smaller/narrower in the convertible. The window surround looks a little "Home Depot" to my eye.

The seats have been pushed back and reclined to the max for this "spy" shot.

The rear extension of the centre console looks to butt up against the rear bulkhead. Meaning no way to stow the roof behind the seats.
      Last edited by Bikerjulio; 03-11-2019, 07:47 AM.
      2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
      Spectra Grey Tridents.
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

As the picture is also years old, we are definitely seeing many pre-production materials. Based on the details/pictures of what we saw in Larry Edsall’s wonderful book (“Stingray: The Making of the Seventh Generation Corvette”), the very light colored items are often just one-offs to test proof of concept, so guessing the window surround is 3D printed.

The passenger seat is rearwards of where our C7 seats go; I think both greater reclining angle and further-rearward positioning.

We have yet to figure out where the roof will be stored.
        Last edited by John; 03-11-2019, 10:06 AM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          As the picture is also years old, we are definitely seeing many pre-production materials. Based on the details/pictures of what we saw in Larry Edsall’s wonderful book (“Stingray: The Making of the Seventh Generation Corvette”), the very light colored items are often just one-offs to test proof of concept, so guessing the window surround is 3D printed.

The passenger seat is rearwards of where our C7 seats go; I think both greater reclining angle and further-rearward positioning.

We have yet to figure out where the roof will be stored.
          My guess on where the roof will go, is the large rear trunk, past the engine and above the transmission.
          Sigmon - Hamilton, Ohio, USA
          2021 Elkhart Lake Blue Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 3LT Z51, D30, BV4, E60, EYK, FA5, FE4, Q8T, ZZ3, J6N
          Deposit: March 20/20, 1100: Nov 17/20, 2000: Feb 12/21, 3000: Feb 17/21, 3300: April 15/21, 3400: April 23/21 TPW 5/3/21, 3800: 5/4/21, 4200: 5/10/21, 5000: 5/10/21, 6000: 5/10/21

Comment

"years old"? sorry I didn't know that.

So "spy" pictures were taken years ago, and the spy sat on them for years?

One would think that if they were deliberately leaked, then they'd be more recent.

I just have an interest in the provenance of pictures like this.
            2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
            2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
            Spectra Grey Tridents.
            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

thx for the effort Chaz

So many items to think about, roof storage, space for luggage, trim materials ... who knows!! I hope there is room for golf clubs, one bag fine by me, I carry my clubs all the time. If not, ok, I'd still be interested, but would like there to be space for them.

Comment

In this early 1980’s Pontiac ME XP-897 GT, there seems to be golf bag room in it. Picture thanks to our SgtMajUSMC (Retired).Guessing that 35 years later, there will be room for at least one bag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	59142218-EFB6-48A1-93C0-3C2328C0E856.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	28971

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                  "years old"? sorry I didn't know that.

So "spy" pictures were taken years ago, and the spy sat on them for years?

One would think that if they were deliberately leaked, then they'd be more recent.

I just have an interest in the provenance of pictures like this.
                  The 2017/18 spy pictures may not be the final 2020 word on the interior design. According to Don Sherman there is a #3 issue-or-issue-group that was recently still under discussion. The insiders are reading you guys in a feed back loop. Their concerns will mirror your concerns to some extend and you are certainly not ignored or dismissed. You think 2 sets of golf bags then the designers think it too. You think of storage then the designers certainly do too. Stay on it.

Great Rendering.
                  Last edited by SheepDog; 03-11-2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

This interior looks so different....glad it is not the same as other mid engines.....
                    HOST-CORVETTE TODAY Podcast

Listen to CORVETTE TODAY here!

Get CORVETTE TODAY emails here.

CORVETTE TODAY website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com

Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group!

NEW!!! Now watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube!

NEW!!! Visit the CORVETTE TODAY merchandise store!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X