MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! FVS’ Chasing C8’s Rear View. Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos!

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

C8 Mid-Engine Corvette's Exhaust Note Captured

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Mid-Engine Corvette's Exhaust Note Captured

I came across an Instagram account from one of the guys that I believe was on the Kia Soul Ride & Drive when they stopped to see the SIX C8 Corvettes in California. Say hi to Tadge Juechter who is standing beside the Red C7!

We can't embed the video so you'll have to go to his Instagram account and play it there:

Click here to view the post on Instagram. Click the post to start the video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuH7ZjuFeKq/

Last edited by CorvetteBlogger; 02-21-2019, 06:07 PM.

Hello Tadge! So you and Harlan and Alex MacDonald are all on this Caravan together. Kind of like the old days when Dave Hill and you, Jim Mero and a few others on the C6 team were doing a major drive through the West Virginia mountains testing them out at a roughly similar time in its development, but pre-reveal process.

Thanks CorvetteBlogger for posting this fun, “exhaust music” video. And darn, the # 5 ME Corvette sounds terrific as he blasts away to catch up with some of the others.
    Last edited by John; 02-21-2019, 06:17 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Sure not an M7 shifting in those cars! And that exhaust note is the music of our people.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

That 5th one does sound wonderful.
        Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

These are definitely different engines or at least different exhaust systems. Some had the same rumble as C7 V8 and the first one had a more high pitch sound perhaps Turbo.

To me, no other car makes the music that Corvette does. Not even those multi million dollars cars. It's truly a "Man's" car.
          Last edited by Z_Rocks; 02-21-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Indeed, those sound sweet taking off.

Comment

The none-red C7 was stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                That 5th one does sound wonderful.
                Number 5 was different. Had a badder bark. There is another strip of video of 5 or 6 C8s and a blue C7 passing the camera position from behind and on the left at highway speeds. Was posted yesterday. In that strip one of the C8s had the distinctive "badder bark" also. And it was, also, approximately the 5th C8 in that passing line of cars.

So, different engine? Or different exhaust system ? Or, Different performance setting? Or, Holding in a different gear with a heavier foot? Or, Just, a different driver? Or, Just the Alpha Male of the C8 litter?

Any preferences?

Different engine would be cool.
                Last edited by SheepDog; 02-21-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Awesome exhaust note. Sure sounds like a DCT to me.

Comment

Yes, it does.
                    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post

Number 5 was different. Had a badder bark. There is another strip of video of 5 or 6 C8s and a blue C7 passing the camera position from behind and on the left at highway speeds. Was posted yesterday. In that strip one of the C8s had the distinctive "badder bark" also. And it was, also, approximately the 5th C8 in that passing line of cars.

So, different engine? Or different exhaust system ? Or, Different performance setting? Or, Holding in a different gear with a heavier foot? Or, Just, a different driver? Or, Just the Alpha Male of the C8 litter?

Any preferences?

Different engine would be cool.
                      It sounds good that is for sure! I'm thinking maybe just the driver in the most aggressive setting. Though I wish it would be them testing an optional higher performance engine, I find that unlikely that they would test multiple engines at the same time.

Comment

Would they be testing different engines at this point of the game?? Were they testing the c7 LT1 and LT4 at the same stage of development? Or perhaps as some suggested different drive settings along with aggressive throttle could cause different engine notes.

Comment

This stop was at Plum Canyon on CA-78. Here are the exact coordinates: 33.128612, -116.425240

Comment

I and many of us have had a crush on the Corvettes’ distinctive exhaust should. I was worried that the C8 might sound poorly like the Fordt GT. No more worried after this video.

Comment

The exhaust sounds good on those C8’s. It sounds great on the 5th car.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X