Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Engine pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine pic

First detail for me, pro detail shop is backed up until the third week of June. I could not let it get that filthy. It is going to be a chore keeping it looking good. Dealer wash left some very bad water spots at the bottom of the deck window. I'll let the pros get rid of them. Click image for larger version  Name:	23.jpg Views:	0 Size:	303.3 KB ID:	271559
    The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Last night after dinner, a gorgeous spring day, some new people to our neighborhood heard we had a mid engine Corvette. They wandered down to say hello, asking if they could please see the C8.

They went nuts when I opened the garage door, and even crazier than that when they saw the engine through the rear hatch glass.

Great job GM team!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Last night after dinner, a gorgeous spring day, some new people to our neighborhood heard we had a mid engine Corvette. They wandered down to say hello, asking if they could please see the C8.

They went nuts when I opened the garage door, and even crazier than that when they saw the engine through the rear hatch glass.

Great job GM team!
      Pretty sure I have a good fancy pic thru the glass with my Nikon. Have not looked at the files. The above pic was brought to you by the Samsung S9.
      The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

Your picture is a stunner! Well done. Thanks for sharing it.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

WOW--nuff said. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Dust seems to be my biggest problem. I'm assembling a group of small brushes that will be helpful in getting into the small spaces in the engine cover, and down lower around and on the valve covers. I find just damp wiping down all the pipes and lines is keeping them newer looking, but yeah it's going to be a challenge. I clean the glass with a microfiber wand with little or no window spray on it. Polishes the glass very well.

Comment

Looks great. But I'm glad I'm not going to have to worry about detailing mine!
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                Dust seems to be my biggest problem. I'm assembling a group of small brushes that will be helpful in getting into the small spaces in the engine cover, and down lower around and on the valve covers. I find just damp wiping down all the pipes and lines is keeping them newer looking, but yeah it's going to be a challenge. I clean the glass with a microfiber wand with little or no window spray on it. Polishes the glass very well.
                I found some "Dust Mud" that works great

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post

I found some "Dust Mud" that works great
                  Never heard of that, so I looked it up and looks like it could be another great tool.

Comment

A suggestion I have for those who washes their own C8 is to open the hatch, lay towels on top of the engine and hoses, wash the car and then remove the towels. this is what I did to limit water spots on the engine bay.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010117.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	272969My somewhat different engine bay look incorporating some L.E.D. lighting.​
                      2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X