Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

C8 corvette vs NSX. YOutube video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 corvette vs NSX. YOutube video

Parked our C8 next to a NSX at Cars and Coffee last Saturday. Pretty easy to see the extra cost of the NSX. No orange peel paint, carbon ceramic brakes,,, it is a very nice car. But, twice the cost of a C8.
    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

NSX...very nice; but too much money!
      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
      '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
      '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
      '14 Black Z51 Coupe
      '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
      '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

It is a very nice car. Interesting. One of our members who got to drive one for a long weekend (“fasttoys”), call ed is extremely well put together and yet rather boring, that if he closed his eyes for a second he thought he was driving an Accord, e.g., no passion to driving it.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I felt that the reviewer started out thinking that the NSX was higher quality and more technically advanced-until he got into the C8. Everything changed after that, from the interior trim to the actual driving performance. After that he obviously couldn't get the price differential out of his head. One other credit to him as well is that he recognizes that the car he was driving is the base C8 with several levels of Corvettes to come. Enjoyable and creditable.
          Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Honda makes only one version of the NSX? High priced. Low storage. Snooty demeanor. Somebody at Honda wants it to be a failure? A light weight, all gas variant priced under the base 911would have buyers looking. Cheaper, noiser, looser morals will make buyers hunt it down.

Comment

The simple ability to compare an 80k car to a 160k car and for them to be in the same league speaks volumes.

Comment

Well done review, not the typical you tube review that usually has a bunch of irrelevant discussion. Other than better reliability (my prior Honda and Acuras were pretty much bulletproof proof and required minimal repairs) and rareness, not sure what your getting for all that extra money. Less storage, average interior design, and no convertible...... although it will be interesting to see if future C8 variants lose frunk space. I assume the trunk remains as is due to targa storage and HTC operation.
                Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
                2000 status 2/13/2021
                3000 status 2/17/2021
                3300 status 4/23/2021
                3400 status 5/5/2021
                3800 status 5/22/2021
                4000 status 6/4/2021

Comment

I am an old American. Even if the dollars were the same I would pick the C8 for two reasons. I want a V8 and with an American owned company my money stays in the US.

Comment

Thanks for sharing JB, great clip. If you offered me the NSX at $60k off msrp, I would still buy my C8 at list price
                    First time Corvette owner, GJI - Shadow Gray, 3LT, HU3 - Morello Red, E60 - Front Lift, EYK - Chrome Badge, Q8P - silver wheels. Deposit on 07-23-2019, 3000 mid-January with TPW of 03-30-2020. 3400 on 07-21-2020 with TPW of 07-27-2020, took delivery 08-14-2020

Comment

A friend of mine offered his NSX to me at a good price. He had all the options one could imagine. He payed $200.000 plus because he had to be the first to own one and payed the mark up. Then it happened. Wife wants a divorce. We brokered his NSX and his S2000 to clear the bank notes. I would of taken the NSX but being 6'4" that was not an option. The interior room in the NSX is quite sub standard to the C8. He had enough left over after the divorce and bought the C8 HTC. He agrees the C8 has way more value than the NSX.

Comment

The NSX is more like the expected e-ray than stingray given the extra electric motors and AWD. I saw one at the autoshow and outside it was gorgeous. The paint was truly amazing. I couldn't get a good look at its interior, but it did not appear to be special.

A year ago they could be purchased new with hefty discount from MSRP. No HTC means I wouldn't consider it, even if it were priced competitive with the corvette.
                        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Anyone else notice the center console badge was removed on the Corvette (bottom front of the center speaker between seats)? I wonder who's custom nameplate was originally there......

Comment

Brand new with incentives I've heard the price is 132 grand and it still isnt selling more than a couple of hundred nsx s a year in the USA.

Comment

Thanks for sharing JB. Really enjoyable and balanced review (unlike some other overly egotistical YouTubers out there). The C8 continues to impress... especially given the cars the it being compared to. Definitely a homerun for GM / Chevrolet.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X