MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

Birds’ Eye C8 Renderings Of ME With Its Doors Open. Thank you Chazcron!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds’ Eye C8 Renderings Of ME With Its Doors Open. Thank you Chazcron!

Originally posted by Chazcron
    A more proper look at the open doors. I modeled the door sills, but not the interior panel.
    Thank you Chaz!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D15C06B2-8B22-426C-AB62-F2B6B2E04C78.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	30901

Name:	07C1741A-5758-4E2F-9548-F2F1A2141C9B.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	30902

Last edited by John; 03-31-2019, 02:33 PM.
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Gotta like that ... thx Chaz

Comment

Extremely Nice. I wonder if those doors will be able to have the lambo hinges installed?
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

I can not imagine why that would not be possible. Only take several months for the aftermarket Lambo door companies to engineer the exact hinges/system that would work well.
        So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

If you ever had to deal with scissor doors you would rather have conventional doors. They are not easy to grab and pull down the door without pulling out your shoulder and back at the same time, which I did and I am still young and in good shape. Makes sense in Italy with small parking lots but I would never park mine close to anyone that I would need those type of doors. I like the Aston Martin doors they have a slit pitch to avoids curbs when parking close to a curb, they pitch up. I thought the C8 was going in this direction.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Fasttoys; 02-13-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Name:	lambo_doors_-_so_played_out_lambos_dont_even_have_them.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	26406

Name:	9a2684c4213171476e13732af3b26537.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	26407
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks that the scoop extensions on the doors look very fragile? Wonder how sturdy they will be. Wonder if the scoop extension is a separate piece or molded into the door skin. If it is molded into the door skin, replacing a broken scoop extension will be very spendy.

Comment

Good question “emsguy.” One thing we know for sure is that GM has tested them with a machine opening and closing the door using the scoop extensions 100,000 times to insure their durability. However, how durable will they be if someone opens one into a brick wall? That is not yet known.

Comment

Once again , looks Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2406.PNG
Views:	961
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	26427 Chazcron !
                  A thought if I might ...

Comment

Originally posted by emsguy View Post
                    Am I the only one that thinks that the scoop extensions on the doors look very fragile? Wonder how sturdy they will be. Wonder if the scoop extension is a separate piece or molded into the door skin. If it is molded into the door skin, replacing a broken scoop extension will be very spendy.
                    Somewhere on this site there's a photo of a Ferrari with very similar scoop / door details with the door open. Looks basically the same as what this render shows, and I've not heard of a bunch of broken Ferrari doors. Then again, these cars don't get driven as much as Corvettes do. But as John says, I'm sure this is something GM will have tested pretty thoroughly.

This isn't the one I was thinking about, but it's similar:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...=9607#post9607

Here's another photo:

Name:	fb67e50a582a04930c4be3e654dc8c5a.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	26469
                    Last edited by meyerweb; 02-14-2019, 02:41 PM.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Good question “emsguy.” One thing we know for sure is that GM has tested them with a machine opening and closing the door using the scoop extensions 100,000 times to insure their durability. However, how durable will they be if someone opens one into a brick wall? That is not yet known.
                      or if someone opens a truck door into your car?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t179D72DA-CE80-484B-88E7-02E99F4BAE08.jpeg Views:\t7 Size:\t55.3 KB ID:\t26385","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"26385","data-size":"full"}

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tFFEF1EBD-8FAF-4F4F-9F9D-EB56394C2E8B.jpeg Views:\t3 Size:\t59.2 KB ID:\t26386","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"26386","data-size":"full"}

Hey everyone and especially Chazcron, thank you for these wonderful renders with the doors open! I just made a video about your latest renders hope you all love it!

Comment

Thanks brinkofspeed for the forum shout out. Seeing all those renderings are again exciting to me, even though I have seen them many times before. Thank you.

Fantasitc work by Chazcron. Also fantastic work by fvs in doing the last C7 to C8 animation, and his also doing the landing banner for the forum also, as in:

Click image for larger version  Name:	4F3B52AC-3B37-4F6B-91B9-3AE3594976E2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	267.2 KB ID:	26576

Last edited by John; 02-15-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Somewhere on this site there's a photo of a Ferrari with very similar scoop / door details with the door open. Looks basically the same as what this render shows, and I've not heard of a bunch of broken Ferrari doors. Then again, these cars don't get driven as much as Corvettes do. But as John says, I'm sure this is something GM will have tested pretty thoroughly.

This isn't the one I was thinking about, but it's similar:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...=9607#post9607

Here's another photo:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fb67e50a582a04930c4be3e654dc8c5a.jpg Views:	112 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	26469
                            Trust me we don't want them, Plus they are a pain in the A to close when sitting in your seat. I guess this could be one way for Corvette to lower its buyers age by have scissor doors. My friend John in Dallas has La Ferrari, here are pictures of his car being delivered. He sold through the dealer and made I million after 12 months. Ferrari called him and said he was selected for the La Ferrari convertable which was basically a taga roof.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Fasttoys; 02-15-2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Ditto; Seeing those ME renderings again and again is still exciting. Thanks BoF.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X