Collapse

Think the owner really wanted a Lambo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think the owner really wanted a Lambo?

Click image for larger version

Name:	custom-c8-corvette-looks-fab-thanks-to-green-wrap-forgiato-wheels-156207_1.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	241937

Custom C8 Corvette Looks Fab Thanks to Green Wrap, Forgiato Wheels

If you want to make the mid-engine Stingray stand out from the crowd, one way to achieve this result is a high-quality wrap. The owner of this convertible ‘Vette, for example, picked green over black paintwork.

Offered for $125,000 or best offer on Facebook with 3,800 miles (6,116 kilometers) on the clock, the car was wrapped and ceramic coated to the tune of $5,500. The green-painted brake calipers and engine cover were $1,500, and a full ceramic tint added $750 to the original owner’s expenses.

Optioned with the high-wing spoiler, the hard-topped coupe is now rolling on 20- and 21-inch Forgiato Tecnica two-piece wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S rubber shoes. For reference, the C8 with the Z51 Performance Package rocks cast wheels that measure 245/35ZR19 and 305/30ZR20.

Under the hood, this tastefully-modified Corvette is hiding a small-block V8 with a custom-fabricated exhaust. Coming courtesy of Cordes Performance Racing, the cat-back system promises rear-wheel gains of 30 to 38 horsepower without even touching the catalytic converters or headers.

Originally priced at $78k when it left the dealership last March, the 2020 Corvette in the photo gallery started out life as a 2LT with black-painted trident wheels. Other highlights from the factory include the GT1 seats, front-axle lift system that adds 40 millimeters (1.6 inches) of ground clearance, and $1,500 worth of carbon-fiber garnish throughout the interior.

The seller, Joey Annoreno, mentions in the comments section of the listing that he’s in line for a Z06. As opposed to the seventh-generation Corvette in this specification, the eighth generation will drop the small-block V8 with a thumpin’ great blower on top in favor of a free-breathing DOHC engine.

To be more specific, that's a flat-plane crankshaft powerplant that's codenamed LT6 as opposed to LT5.5 for the high-revving motor in the C8.R endurance racing car. Similar to the LT2 in the Stingray, the newcomer’s engine will be connected to a dual-clutch transaxle - the TR-9080 DCT - supplied by Tremec.

Name:	custom-c8-corvette-looks-fab-thanks-to-green-wrap-forgiato-wheels_5.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	241938
    More photos here: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/c...s-156207.html#
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Man that is Kermit the Frog green !! Not for me but it does draw the gaze of the Lamborghini Cogniscenti, LOL !!

Comment

I am glad someone else chose to do that. Good for them. Not for my wife nor me.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

That sure is bright. Where do you plug it in?

Comment

That looks like the C8 that has been in a lot of DIY youtube videos. I guess he decided to strike while the iron is still hot for the 2nd hand market. If he waited until his Z06 got here, he might not get all his money back out of it.

I think the green is cool and while I wouldn't do that for a car I drove every day, I ALMOST plasti-dipped my C5Z that same color to get something different and protect the paint from cones.
          Brian Huber
          Previous Corvettes
          2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
          2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of this license plate either on another youtuber's C8...

Name:	lamboc8.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	242003

Comment

I never understood why some guys spend thousands of dollars to make the car exactly how they want it and then get rid of it.

Comment

Pretty smart. He ordered 2 C8's. He has a HTC on the way, he got to enjoy this for 3800 miles, will sell it well over MSRP and get a new HTC. He's also been featured in a few online mags and videos.

Some people just have fun doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
                  I'm not sure what to make of this license plate either on another youtuber's C8...

Name:	lamboc8.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	242003
                  That's an interesting color. I'd like to see more pics of it.
                  Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Why the Hell would anyone want to label a Corvette a Lambo ? Don't these people know Lambo started as a tractor company ? The Corvette has a MUCH longer and more illustrious racing history than Lamborghini, which has always been a wanna-be Ferrari. They look like cockroaches on wheels. I just don't get it.

Comment

By attracting a different demographic to our Corvette community, we are going to get much more varied ideas about what looks good and what to do with a Corvette. We tend to stay loyal to the brand, and in many cases the individual car. Some of our new owners are focused on business opportunity via the hottest car on the market and the more the car stands out, the more attention their channel will get. It’s all good.
                      Rick, Charlotte, NC
                      Current: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified

Next: 2021 Arctic White HTC, Z51, two tone red 3LT, mag ride, front end lift, carbon flash roof and nacelles, 5VM splitter and side skirts painted carbon flash, Vossen HF-3 black wheels, PPF and ceramic, lowering kit, window tint. Status 3000 with Feb allocation

Comment

Originally posted by Ugolino View Post
                        I never understood why some guys spend thousands of dollars to make the car exactly how they want it and then get rid of it.
                        I might be able to answer that... at least in part. There are those who build "for the fun of the build" and there are those who build "for the fun of the drive." And then are those (like me) who land in both camps and wish they had bigger garages. Some of my most favorite times have been tearing cars (mostly Corvettes) down and rebuilding them. If you can afford to keep them (and real estate becomes a factor here), that's great! If you can't, then you look for a buyer to fund your next build for the space/money you have available.

I'll remind you that it's that "home builder mentality" that's given the industry giants a lot of ideas over the years. Of recent times I could point at Dave Kindig (door handles) and Chip Foose (and his Dad) as home builders that have seen some of their designs and mechanicals make it to the assembly lines.

As for bright colors.... I'm with John and his wife. It's not for me. But I continue to read that GM is dropping 3 colors from the '21 model year. Any bets that one of the replacement colors is going to come from this bright spectrum of colors? They have the bright Accelerate Yellow and Rapid Blue.... I could see them adding a green from that same palette. As we know, there are more younger buyers of C8's than Corvette has seen in a long time. I doubt there all looking for red, white and black.

For my .02, I wish they'd add a dark ("jewel-tone" is what my wife calls it) green.

2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - 3800 status, scheduled for build 4/14 - Shipping "Delayed"

Comment

Originally posted by kdlp View Post

I might be able to answer that... at least in part. There are those who build "for the fun of the build" and there are those who build "for the fun of the drive." And then are those (like me) who land in both camps and wish they had bigger garages. Some of my most favorite times have been tearing cars (mostly Corvettes) down and rebuilding them. If you can afford to keep them (and real estate becomes a factor here), that's great! If you can't, then you look for a buyer to fund your next build for the space/money you have available.

I'll remind you that it's that "home builder mentality" that's given the industry giants a lot of ideas over the years. Of recent times I could point at Dave Kindig (door handles) and Chip Foose (and his Dad) as home builders that have seen some of their designs and mechanicals make it to the assembly lines.

As for bright colors.... I'm with John and his wife. It's not for me. But I continue to read that GM is dropping 3 colors from the '21 model year. Any bets that one of the replacement colors is going to come from this bright spectrum of colors? They have the bright Accelerate Yellow and Rapid Blue.... I could see them adding a green from that same palette. As we know, there are more younger buyers of C8's than Corvette has seen in a long time. I doubt there all looking for red, white and black.

For my .02, I wish they'd add a dark ("jewel-tone" is what my wife calls it) green.

GM has done it before - 2014 C7 Lime Rock Green - it was a dark metallic green with gold flecks. It looked like an emerald gemstone. Very classy look.

Comment

Name:	6F33FA7F-5A7F-4F4A-822A-B3EBB1BDBEF2.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	244406 Lime Rock Green.....

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post

GM has done it before - 2014 C7 Lime Rock Green - it was a dark metallic green with gold flecks. It looked like an emerald gemstone. Very classy look.
                              Doesn’t appear they’re headed that direction if the rumor mill is correct. I saw a C7 vert in Pasco, WA in that color... in fact I think it was for sale. It belonged to one of the Tri-Cities Corvette Club members. I can certainly see the C8 in that color combo. As you said, a very classy look.
                              2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - 3800 status, scheduled for build 4/14 - Shipping "Delayed"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X