MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

C8 Video winter testing, new spoiler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Video winter testing, new spoiler

C8 ITW: "Look at whats lurking":

Click image for larger version

Name:	43E787CB-137F-49C9-9BB4-12B8B957876A.jpeg
Views:	3400
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	23974

***LANGUAGE ALERT***

Last edited by John; 01-22-2019, 08:30 AM. Reason: Thank you so much WoW Factor for finding/posting; moved to our “Major Me News” section & “featured slider.”

Coupe. Lip spoiler. Still plenty of camo. Came in really close. Odd camo over the passenger window. Leader in the "dopiest audio" contest.Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 7.41.28 AM - Edited.png Views:	1 Size:	463.5 KB ID:	23968
    Last edited by Bikerjulio; 01-22-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Great to see something new! Always interesting to see different details (albeit camouflaged) in these “captures”.

Too bad these “happen chancers” didn’t capture s but more... but glad they captured what they did!

Comment

Thanks to Corvette_Nut for the video! Another ITW screen shot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	3671B260-29AD-4201-BF9B-A75E315BD393.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	23971
        Last edited by John; 01-22-2019, 03:15 PM.
        So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Thanks to CRABBY J!

Originally posted by CRABBYJ
          Looks to me like the radiator does not appear to fill the entire opening. The outer 1/3 looks to exit to the wheel well where we’ve seen that screen. Where then would the radiator effluent air travel?

Name:	2CE2A6F6-9F44-4AD8-8639-235AF1D13557.jpeg
Views:	1097
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	23973

So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Headlights might be a bit closer to what we'll really see. The lower fascia/bumper cover looks especially "stuck on" to mask the real front contours. I suspect that hole was caused by something that punctured the camo cover. Conjecture on my part of course.

glad to see them running around ... not holding my breath for a reveal anytime soon ... thx for finding and posting this Wow Factor

Comment

Let’s please focus on the singular upper headlight strip. What was whispered a little while ago from a little birdie. Now visible, and BTW consistent with what we saw a month earlier on the ITW capture “north of Detroit.”

I really like that single, straight LED headlight strip. Fits the shape of the car IMO, exciting without being the mess of squiggles LED’s than more than some vehicles now have.

Am I forgiven if I describe it as a combo as “simple, yet exciting and elegant.”

Click image for larger version  Name:	F995D111-3BA1-4659-8E21-5CC0495EC66B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	49.0 KB ID:	23977
              Last edited by John; 01-22-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Let’s please focus on the singular upper headlight strip. What was whispered a little while ago from a little birdie. Now visible, and BTW consistent with what we saw a month earlier on the ITW capture “north of Detroit.”

I really like that single, straight LED headlight strip. Fits the shape of the car IMO, exciting without being the mess of squiggles LED’s than more than some vehicles now have.

Am I forgiven if I describe it as a combo as “simple, yet exciting and elegant.”

Click image for larger version Name:	F995D111-3BA1-4659-8E21-5CC0495EC66B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	49.0 KB ID:	23977
                Ok, you can get by with elegant again. I agree.
                There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                79 coupe Silver/oyster
                All one owner
                Museum lifetime members

Comment

Thanks Plasboy. I use it less than I think is appropriate just because.

Comment

Hey John ... I want a subscription to the "little birdies net"

Comment

Thanks Bikerjulio, for calling our attention to the revised deck spoiler. I am so much happier with that one than we have typically seen — though sure I am far from alone in loving its simple shape compared to the wing one.

Again, maybe the lip spoiler is for the entry version, the wing for the Z-51 version?

Comment

Those worried about the side scoop being like dumbo’s ears, well not so much.

Name:	283A3CA9-E0C9-499D-BFF2-09F96C585E0D.jpeg
Views:	1076
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	23985

Comment

I like what we are seeing today! I like the headlights and the spoiler. I also think we are seeing the entry version.

Comment

Thanks Plasboy. I use it less than I think is appropriate just because.
                            Should use all you want. What’s that line, **** the torpedoes, full speed ahead.
                            There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                            79 coupe Silver/oyster
                            All one owner
                            Museum lifetime members

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	F995D111-3BA1-4659-8E21-5CC0495EC66B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	49.0 KB ID:	23977
                              I’m with you 100% John! I like the “attitude” it gives the front view... even in camo!
                              Last edited by FrankLP; 01-22-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X