Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Harlan Charles answers YOUR forum questions about Corvette on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to tCORVETTE TODAY! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled forum readers. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...orvette-er100d
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
2 of 4 < >

Last Chance: Enter And Vote February Photo Of The Month Contest

Tomorrow (Sunday) night at 9:00 PST the entering/voting closes on the February POTM contest. Thank you. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-theme-yum-yum
3 of 4 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

Deeper Look Into Kerbeck’s C8’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deeper Look Into Kerbeck’s C8’s

Thanks to Zipity’s Garage, we have even a deeper, 2nd look at more colors and also more C8 information at Kerbeck Corvette.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D9F7CAC2-82B2-413E-9497-95C4BEC51059.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	136.8 KB ID:	238445

I especially like that at one point we are looking at two HTC’s, same exterior paint but right next door to it is its sister car but with a black roof and black nacelles.

Thanks Zip!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John, I am happy to do it. It gives me a chance to vicariously dream of being a buyer! But I have to get my daughter through college and she is only 12 years old!! The video is a tad long, but it does show a lot of differences and when I had a chance to speak with a first time Corvette buyer, I wanted to capture that as well. More to come and let me know what you want to capture in any future videos. Please consider subscribing to the channel, working to get to 1,000 subs and beyond!! Thanks and enjoy.

Comment

So many Crete’s sitting in one sport, I’d probably pass out
      Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Zip, I understand about kids (and my wife coming first). I got my first ride in a Corvette when in high school (a ‘63 split that sunk the hook). But then way our decades long wait for our getting our first one.

It was only literally a couple of days after paying the last semester of our youngest daughter’s senior year of college, that my wife turned to me and said, “you have waited 35 years for your Corvette, go get one NOW.” I called Dave Salvatore at Kerbeck and owned one days later, had it shipped to our West Coast home. When it came off the transporter and I drove it into our garage that was my time time ever driving a Corvette.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipitysGarage View Post
          John, I am happy to do it. It gives me a chance to vicariously dream of being a buyer! But I have to get my daughter through college and she is only 12 years old!! The video is a tad long, but it does show a lot of differences and when I had a chance to speak with a first time Corvette buyer, I wanted to capture that as well. More to come and let me know what you want to capture in any future videos. Please consider subscribing to the channel, working to get to 1,000 subs and beyond!! Thanks and enjoy.
          Great job. Funny thing, you said the video was a tad long. I thought it was short...LOL. I really enjoyed it. I also put my daughter through college. Her junior year I got my first Corvette (a used C6). After all those years of waiting, I really appreciated it even more. I never dreamed I would eventually be getting a new one. The best part is I think my family is ALMOST happier than I am......but not quite! Keep on dreaming.......the wait will be worth it.
          Last edited by Vette Interested; 02-08-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

The video makes me wonder how many of the C8's at Kerbeck were ordered by folks planning on 'flipping' them. Seems like a fair number of 'em have been sitting there for some time now.....
            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
              The video makes me wonder how many of the C8's at Kerbeck were ordered by folks planning on 'flipping' them. Seems like a fair number of 'em have been sitting there for some time now.....
              They could be sitting for different reasons. Simple as waiting for a freight truck to pick them up, since Kerbeck does sell across the Country. The local weather has been snowing the last 10 days, so if I was local and scheduled to pick up, I would wait until the roads clear up and are dry before bringing it home. Others are sitting waiting for "parts", meaning if a car was ordered with a GM Accessory on the build sheet & window sticker and that item is not available, then the car can not be delivered. I am not saying this is the case with all of them, but in theory a car could be sitting there because they are waiting for a Jake Floor Mat to arrive. Floor mats is a simplistic example, but what if you ordered a second set of wheel/tires? Thats a big ticket item for sure.

Comment

The accessory black tridents have been back ordered since the first week of January, but as we just saw were now changed to no longer available. I know someone who was waiting for those wheels for many weeks to arrive at their dealership for exactly that item. Probably the same as you suspect happened at Kerbeck too.

Comment

Subscribed!

Comment

Cool video, nice to see so many colors back-to-back...

I have to say not much love in the video for that lone ELB! It was my final choice and i'm absolutely blown away by how fantastic Elkhart Lake Blue looks in person!
                    Corvette: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, born 1/7/21
                    Porsche: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

so... since those are all sold units....
                      When you order from them and pick it up there, are they asking you to leave your car there for X number of days so their showroom stays full and other buyers can see what the various color combos look like? Find it hard to believe that THAT many C8s are just waiting for the buyer to come get it.
                      I know if it was us, we'd be there when it rolled off the truck and taking it home as soon as PDI was complete.
                      Brian Huber
                      Previous Corvettes
                      2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
                      2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

incoming car - 2021 Coupe Black - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21 *TPW of 3/1* )

Comment

I know a couple of cars get picked up daily plus others may be waiting for transport to other states. It would be a little chaotic to have 20 people picking up their car at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageVetteNut View Post
                          so... since those are all sold units....
                          When you order from them and pick it up there, are they asking you to leave your car there for X number of days so their showroom stays full and other buyers can see what the various color combos look like? Find it hard to believe that THAT many C8s are just waiting for the buyer to come get it.
                          I know if it was us, we'd be there when it rolled off the truck and taking it home as soon as PDI was complete.
                          A good portion of the cars are waiting on transportation companies to pick them up for out of state deliveries. Most local owners pick them up within days of them arriving, assuming it isn't snowing outside!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X