C8.5: Suggestions By Morgan Crosbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8.5: Suggestions By Morgan Crosbie

C8 “delivery day,” Canadian options for Museum Delivery, and more by our friend Morgan. For your thoughts, and perhaps you have some ideas about what GM should incorporate for the C8 during a possible mid-gen refresh???

Click image for larger version

Name:	0518CC4C-C785-4C29-BAE4-4174F3429100.jpeg
Views:	2105
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	228093

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I have long suggested that about 2/3’s of the way through a generation, as GM used to do for Corvette, making one bold visual change on the front, perhaps change the wheels or one other thing on the side, and change something on the back and lastly one more bold component on the inside. Each one except the interior one to be distinctly noticeable from 25 feet. That would be a nice incentive for someone a few years before the next generation arrives, to buy one last one of this generation. Looking back at the last two generations sales seriously lagged toward the end of both of them, With new visuals captaining our attention, I and friends would consider “one more” — again during the last 1/3 of a generation.

Or it could be one mechanical upgrade I remember clamoring for a power upgrade for the LT1, with several friends saying that would have definitely gotten them to get one more C7 Stingray.

Any thoughts as to C8.5 upgrades?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Learned a few tidbits from the Video, thanks
      Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I'd like to see more wheel options added. Maybe a new spoiler option as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
          I'd like to see more wheel options added. Maybe a new spoiler option as well.
          That is why I'm going with the STD Wheels, I can always use them for Track and use ones I really like for Bling
          Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

That is why I'm going with the STD Wheels, I can always use them for Track and use ones I really like for Bling
            I ended up with after market wheels too. The only ones I would consider would be the Spectra Gray Trident wheels, but the offset needed to be lowered to bring them out by about 10 - 15mm in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Or it could be one mechanical upgrade I remember clamoring for a power upgrade for the LT1, with several friends saying that would have definitely gotten them to get one more C7 Stingray.
              They did this in 2008 with the C6. It got the LS3 and the TR6060 transmission. Definitely made me get the 2008 over the 2007 that were on clearance when i ordered my car.

Then they made the 427 in the vert for the special edition.

Any thoughts as to C8.5 upgrades?
              Put the DOHC heads from the C8R on the LT2. 540 HP at 7000 rpm with a 7,300 rpm shift.

Not going to happen, but that would be sweet.
              2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X