Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com get together once again for the the latest update in the world of Corvette. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-eqmrgl. News & Headlines for late February 2021 on these topics and more.
1. Winter storm delays reopening of BGA
2. ISeeCars.com reports that the C8 Corvette was the fastest selling car in January.
3. Don’t expect Black Trident wheels back until April 2021
4. The C8 is the Daytona 500 Pace Car
5. Here are the Corvette colors being retired in 2022
6. Sylvester Stallone buys a Rapid Blue C8 Corvette
7. Play Corvette Drive on Alexa
See more
See less

C8 w A/S’s Playing in The Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 w A/S’s Playing in The Snow

Thanks Daily Motor. Fun; FUN playing in the snow with a Corvette. This is an entry version with standard Michelin A/S 4’s but that means it is missing the eLSD which would have been a nice traction addition..

Remebering my conversation a few years ago with Corvette Assistant Chief Engineer Phil Minch, when he said about driving an entire Michigan winter in his C7 Z06 with true snow tires, Michelin Pilot Alpins, calling it “secure like tank with treads. “ He and the Corvette team have done 100,000+ miles on C7’s and C8’s in snow driving — most of it on the Pilot Alpins. Lucky them to have that opportunity.

Meanwhile a C8 on the snow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	84FE5354-306D-4B69-AED0-8AF8D298800F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	217.4 KB ID:	227914

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks for posting this up and entertaining video. I may or may not have done stuff like that in cars prior to modern electronic safety systems! Quite fun.

I noticed in the video that his TCS and ESC stopped working to which he complained it was a gm product. I checked the YouTube comments and someone posted what I thought I remembered about the way that works. If you use it and abuse it or do prolonged tire spin with the systems on, the computer will disable them until you stop and restart the car. Not sure if there’s a “cool down” time involved. This is to protect the brakes which are used to limit tire spin and aid in directional stability.

There's also a fat caution in the owners manual: Do not repeatedly brake or accelerate heavily when TCS is off. The vehicle driveline could be damaged.

Another guy in the YouTube comments said this is why you don’t buy used Corvettes...because of kids like this. Funny and probably sad but true. I had a used C5 and it worked like a champ (mostly) so maybe I was lucky.

Note to self: don’t do this or gm might invalidate the drivetrain warranty.
    '21 G26 Sebring Orange Z51 2LT Coupe Natural Napa GT2 Seats
    Dual roof package (body / glass), E60 front lift, FE4 magnetic ride, yellow calipers, tan belts, carbon flash wheels, R8C NCM Delivery.

Reservation placed 1 Aug 2020. 3000 status as of 16 Nov 2020. 3300 as of 17 Dec 2020. 3400 as of 28 Dec 2020.

Another C8 born, 11 Jan 2021!

Sold—2002 C5 Millennium Yellow Coupe 2LT 6-Spd

Comment

We had 5-6" of snow on Sunday. My car stayed safely tucked away in the garage.

Comment

Driving a C8 in winter snow with the top off! Thank goodness for the heated steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptGoFast View Post
          Thanks for posting this up and entertaining video. I may or may not have done stuff like that in cars prior to modern electronic safety systems! Quite fun.

I noticed in the video that his TCS and ESC stopped working to which he complained it was a gm product. I checked the YouTube comments and someone posted what I thought I remembered about the way that works. If you use it and abuse it or do prolonged tire spin with the systems on, the computer will disable them until you stop and restart the car. Not sure if there’s a “cool down” time involved. This is to protect the brakes which are used to limit tire spin and aid in directional stability.

There's also a fat caution in the owners manual: Do not repeatedly brake or accelerate heavily when TCS is off. The vehicle driveline could be damaged.

Another guy in the YouTube comments said this is why you don’t buy used Corvettes...because of kids like this. Funny and probably sad but true. I had a used C5 and it worked like a champ (mostly) so maybe I was lucky.

Note to self: don’t do this or gm might invalidate the drivetrain warranty.
          The comments on a YouTube channel are no more factual than the comments you hear sitting around a bar. Or the comments on here for that fact.

Everyone has an opinion and no-one thinks theirs stinks.

If there was any truth to these gripes then the entire population Canada or Northern Europe would have destroyed their cars in the first year of ownership!

Driving like this is part of learning to drive for most in snow cursed climes. A parking lot drift at 11 mph and 3K rpm is so incredibly benign on the mechanical pieces of a vehicle that it doesn't bear thinking about. Much less refusing to buy a used car or invalidating a warranty.

Every time you have these worries keeping you up at night take solace in the fact that GM warranties this car for use on the racetrack and autocrosses. It's able to be used hard and put away wet. Even if you never will.

Comment

Yep to Denizen--to each their own I say and it's good we have a 1st amendment so people can say stuff they want to say .

I'm just commenting on the fact they (in the video) perceived an issue (something wrong with the car), when in fact it was their driving that caused the fault. Seems like the owners manual backs that point up if we read the book under "TSC." I'd say if someone wants to learn the right way, like we did, turn off all the stuff (TSC/ESC) that would drive that fault condition thru overuse. Probably pretty sporting with mid-engine inertia of rear end x 495 HP!

If this sort of fault happens at the track on especially a Z51 "track ready" car, I'd say call your office gm, we have a problem.
            '21 G26 Sebring Orange Z51 2LT Coupe Natural Napa GT2 Seats
            Dual roof package (body / glass), E60 front lift, FE4 magnetic ride, yellow calipers, tan belts, carbon flash wheels, R8C NCM Delivery.

Reservation placed 1 Aug 2020. 3000 status as of 16 Nov 2020. 3300 as of 17 Dec 2020. 3400 as of 28 Dec 2020.

Another C8 born, 11 Jan 2021!

Sold—2002 C5 Millennium Yellow Coupe 2LT 6-Spd

Comment

In the video at 00:45-00:49 and 00:52-00:54 --- the DRL light show that we are trying to solve the mystery a while back is happening... This is clearly not a flickering from refresh rate!
              Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

Originally posted by KK87 View Post
                In the video at 00:45-00:49 and 00:52-00:54 --- the DRL light show that we are trying to solve the mystery a while back is happening... This is clearly not a flickering from refresh rate!
                Great Catch on finding that one.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

I am curious if the reason that the headlights appear to move or rotate around the lens is perhaps maybe a way to signify to the person with the key fob, that they’re in range to use it for whichever purpose they choose such as start car, top up, top down, etc.

Ex. Look out window to start car, see lights rotate, ok, you’re in range. Don’t see lights, you have to get closer. I don’t really know as I’m still waiting on my delivery, but just trying to be logical and guess 😀😉🤓
                  07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

Comment

Originally posted by hogyld View Post
                    I am curious if the reason that the headlights appear to move or rotate around the lens is perhaps maybe a way to signify to the person with the key fob, that they’re in range to use it for whichever purpose they choose such as start car, top up, top down, etc.

Ex. Look out window to start car, see lights rotate, ok, you’re in range. Don’t see lights, you have to get closer. I don’t really know as I’m still waiting on my delivery, but just trying to be logical and guess 😀😉🤓
                    In the video, there are certain times that the headlight appeared flickering due to camera refresh rate for sure. But at the timestamp as noted, the pattern is not a result of refresh rate and it is not flickering -- it is more a motion. It's the mystery from this https://www.instagram.com/p/CIlGS4lBbSe/ video post that we're trying to solve. The video author stated that he remote-started it and left it running for a while in cold weather, you can hear the engine noise in the background.
                    Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

😉 gotcha. Thanks!
                      07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X