MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Chevrolet Commercial Featuring Our Beloved C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrolet Commercial Featuring Our Beloved C8

This commercial has been on TV for a little while now, but for those who haven't seen it...

The C8 footage begins at the 21 second time index.

I believe that's one of the top C8 marketing people driving it in the commercial, isn't it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chevy Commercial.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	210141
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model 3, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
    2020 C8 - ELB Event Status 6000. Home!

Cool.
    There are several versions of that in Canada also.
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I wish we would see a return to the fairly often Corvette commercials, both TV and print, that we had decades ago.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I am guessing when the ZO6 arrives we may see a commercial.

Comment

My Camaro and Corvette friends have all made comments about Chevrolet commercials... "who cares about how many awards you win, showcase your cars and what they are meant for" usually followed by some choice negative words. I have to give Ford and Dodge credit their commercials, and their marketing teams, are far superior to Chevrolet (IMHO) especially when it comes to their sports/muscle cars. The Mustang and Challenger/Charger commercials are way better than any current Chevrolet commercial involving the Corvette (or the Camaro which is nonexistent in the US). The reveal for the Corvette was a step in the right direction, but then they fell off the face of the earth.
          I'm really not a Challenger/Charger fan but their commercials make me want to buy one 😂. They focus on the fun and power aspect of the car, which is brilliant (even though the design hasn't changed much since the challenger was launched, what does that tell you)! ... and they are outselling Chevrolet (at least the Camaro) by leaps and bounds.
          My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            I wish we would see a return to the fairly often Corvette commercials, both TV and print, that we had decades ago.
            I afraid that those days are long gone. I liked it when dealer brochures were in the dealerships, free for the taking. They would issue a brochure for each model produced, now those were the days!

Comment

Originally posted by CVII View Post

I afraid that those days are long gone. I liked it when dealer brochures were in the dealerships, free for the taking. They would issue a brochure for each model produced, now those were the days!
              I'm with you, I have a Dealer supplied Brochure for every new vehical I've ever bought ... except the C8

Evem my wife's 2016 5 Series has a really nice book outline the car.
              Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
              Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I envy you, you were definitely thinking ahead. I had all the muscle cars in the 60’s and 70’s. Two GTO’s, Mach One Mustang, 70 SS 396 Chevelle and 5 Vettes, yet no brochures. I guess I will have to rely on my great memories of those days as long as my memory holds out.

Comment

As everyone here knows, Chevrolet is already selling more C8s than they can build, with at least a one year waiting list currently.

I don't foresee any dedicated C8 commercials in the near future. How could the GM bean-counters justify that spending knowing the above?
                  Bob Sliwa
                  "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model 3, pulled up on the right......."
                  Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
                  2020 C8 - ELB Event Status 6000. Home!

Comment

Originally posted by CVII View Post
                    I envy you, you were definitely thinking ahead. I had all the muscle cars in the 60’s and 70’s. Two GTO’s, Mach One Mustang, 70 SS 396 Chevelle and 5 Vettes, yet no brochures. I guess I will have to rely on my great memories of those days as long as my memory holds out.
                    Try out the GM Heritage Center, but I'm not sure how far they can go back.
                    https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-...brochures.html
                    Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post
                      As everyone here knows, Chevrolet is already selling more C8s than they can build, with at least a one year waiting list currently.

I don't foresee any dedicated C8 commercials in the near future. How could the GM bean-counters justify that spending knowing the above?
                      Good Problem for GM bean-counters ... 🤪

Also great for the Dealers, just think of all the Cash Deposits on Cars that haven't even been allocated or ordered. 💰

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Try out the GM Heritage Center, but I'm not sure how far they can go back.
                        https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-...brochures.html
                        Thank you Plentyfast, the knowledge and kindness of the members of this Forum are truly special.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X