MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Oooh, duct tape isn't going to fix this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooh, duct tape isn't going to fix this

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...ction-website/

Heavily Damaged 2020 Corvette For Sale on Copart Auction Website

As they used to say on Hill Street Blues: "Hey, hey... Let's be careful out there."

Click image for larger version

Name:	102220_2b.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	201484

We’ve seen our share of wrecked C8 Corvettes that have already appeared during the relatively short life-span of the 2020 model, but I don’t think we’ve seen a car as heavily damaged as this Elkhart Lake Blue C8 Stingray that is now for sale on the Copart auction website.

The C8 Corvette wears VIN 3031 which means the car was built back in May or early June right after the plant restarted from its two-month shutdown.

Name:	102220_1b.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	201485

Copart never tells the tale of what happened to the car, but they do list an estimated retail value for the wreck at $70,525 USD.

Now, call me crazy, but there ain’t no way somebody is rebuilding this. The damage to the car is described as “all over” and about the only good parts we see are the front right wheel and maybe that headlight housing on the front right as well. Everything else looks like it got hit by a train.

Name:	102220_3b.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	201486

However, as we circle around to the back of the car, we note the rear engine compartment is still fairly intact and so the LT2 V8 and DCT transmission may have survived! So maybe there is a reason this car wasn’t simply written off and sent to the crusher.

We certainly hope the occupants of the car survived this crash. But in our opinion, this car is done.

Name:	102220_4b.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	201487

Name:	102220_5b.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	201488

Name:	102220_6b.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	201489
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Gorilla glue should do the trick 😜
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

The most horrifying part of this, to me, is that the structural hoop over the seat backs has been significantly crushed on the passenger side. I sure hope no one was sitting in that seat. This crash generated some heavy G forces.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

But the Paint still shines ... I wonder if it had Ceramic Paint Prtection
        Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
        Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

"they do list an estimated retail value for the wreck at $70,525 USD."

Really?? That doesn't seem like a whole lot off its MSRP considering the extensive damage.
          Last edited by Boomer; 10-24-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Really?? That doesn't seem like a whole lot off its MSRP considering the extensive damage.
            That’s what I thought at first, too. But I think perhaps they were just saying what the MSRP was, not the salvage value? There is no way that car’s salvage value is close to MSRP.
            HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
            Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20, back to 10/26/20; now 11/9/20; 3300:10/20/20; 3400:11/2/20; 3800: 11/16/20; 4150: 11/17/20; 5000: 11/19/20; and waiting, and waiting.....

Comment

Very sad. Hope they survived. I think speed may have been a factor . My Elkhart Lake Blue was built the same day. Mine is still intact!

Comment

These cars are truly high performance vehicles and if you want to push the envelope you better have the certified training to do so. Speed has exponential consequences and many times both the occupants and the machine are tragically terminated. Be careful and enjoy your machine!

Comment

Have the insurance rates gone up yet with all these crashes?
                  Heidi
                  Save the Wave
                  2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU)

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

I believe they mean the insurance claim for what the car was worth.

Comment

Originally posted by KLZ View Post

That’s what I thought at first, too. But I think perhaps they were just saying what the MSRP was, not the salvage value? There is no way that car’s salvage value is close to MSRP.
                      Originally posted by Flaring Afro View Post

I believe they mean the insurance claim for what the car was worth.
                      Yeah, I think this was either MSRP or the insurance value. It doesn't appear to be a Z51 (no spoiler or holes for one on the hatch), so $78K would have been a pretty nicely equipped car.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Yeah, I think this was either MSRP or the insurance value. It doesn't appear to be a Z51 (no spoiler or holes for one on the hatch), so $78K would have been a pretty nicely equipped car.
                        Actually I think it is a Z51 because it has the front lip on it. It looks lke the rear bumper is completely off which is where the holes would be and not on the back hatch part.

Comment

Originally posted by brAnd7onX View Post

Actually I think it is a Z51 because it has the front lip on it. It looks lke the rear bumper is completely off which is where the holes would be and not on the back hatch part.
                          You're right. I wasn't thinking straight.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >36,000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

You're right. I wasn't thinking straight.
                            No worries just wanted to let you know before you put a bid in

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                              Have the insurance rates gone up yet with all these crashes?
                              Heidi
                              Save the Wave
                              I took delivery of my C8 in September and added it to my Insurance. The yearly cost with same coverages as my C7 is down $58.
                              The C7 was a 2016 Convertible Base. The C8 is a HTC Base with Z51.
                              Surprised me.
                              B&B

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X