MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

HTC, in the wild, at the track...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC, in the wild, at the track...

I got my first close look at a HTC today... I've seen a couple on the road, but never where I could take a close look. This one was at a local track day, thought you might enjoy the pictures next to a 488 Pista and a F8.

Unfortunately the track day itself was kind of a bust with a constant drizzle and high 30's temperature so no ability to observe any sort of performance levels, but cool to check out anyway.

Definitely a great looking car, definitely will be my revised choice over the coupe. From the front and sides, it lines up decently against Italian supercar styling.

On the downside, I continue to think GM designers bungled the back end design... Of course only my personal, subjective opinion, but the back end still looks to me "designed by committee" with a lack of cohesiveness.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 htc - 1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	199811Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28511.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	199809

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 htc - 1 (3).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	199810
    Last edited by pfbz; 10-18-2020, 07:33 PM. Reason: (fixed typo)
    Upcoming: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, Status 3000
    Current: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

The rear looks every bit CORVETTE 👍👍Thanks for sharing images
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

It is stunning in person. I was so fortunate to be invited to the HTC’s reveal. That is an event I will never forget. Our next C8 will be a HTC!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

the C8 has the rear storage. The storage on the rear is great. Indispensable for a daily use car. But it requires a design accommodation , a measure higher, longer wider. The Ferrari 488/F8 has no rear storage. Allows the the front, rear and height to be more compact. . How about a C8 variant with out rear storage? Would you accept it? Buy it? How many would? Could GM make it without big cost? What about a Z06, without rear storage and trimmer ? What about less rear storage and trimmer? How much less? A track special or sport focus?
        Last edited by SheepDog; 10-18-2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

seeing the c8 next to the Ferrari makes me excited about a red mist HTC without the black roof & nacelles.
          Status 3000. 2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

Comment

I forgot to mention... The HTC above had the competition buckets and I tried them on....

I expected them to be super tight from what I had read, but they to me seemed great, and I'm 225+ with a 38+" waist. Much easier to get in and out of then, say, the GT buckets in a Porsche GT3/GT4. Now I sat in them for like 60 seconds, so not an ultimate test by any means, but not a really slim fit like some other race seats I've been in. I'm not sure they are worth the $2,000 premium (I'm going 1LT), but price aside, I personally wouldn't hesitate to order them.

Now what I'm looking for in a car is definitely different than others... The discussion above about rear storage? I couldn't care less. If the C8 has a big butt because GM thought rear storage was essential, they definitely didn't have me in mind as the target demographic. Obviously with the coupe, having a targa top that you can't keep with you would kind of suck, but with the HTC, zero storage behind the engine would be just fine with me.
            Last edited by pfbz; 10-18-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I sat in one that’s on display at Spring Mountain. I was particularly interested in the rearward visibility. While I didn’t have a way to measure, it seemed to be the same as my Targa.
              Vin # 2539
              Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                I sat in one that’s on display at Spring Mountain. I was particularly interested in the rearward visibility. While I didn’t have a way to measure, it seemed to be the same as my Targa.
                lol, it didn't even occur to me to check rearward visibility! I believe the HTC has the rear mirror camera on all trim levels (unlike the coupe), so perhaps it's a moot point.

Comment

Thanks for the pics - I Love the way the C8 looks. I like it better than the 488 and F8. Also like the tail light design much better on the C8. The rear on the C8 has a definite new flair and makes the other round tail lights look dated. Just my personal observation.
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by pfbz View Post

lol, it didn't even occur to me to check rearward visibility! I believe the HTC has the rear mirror camera on all trim levels (unlike the coupe), so perhaps it's a moot point.
                    Yea, I have the camera too, but old habits die hard. I still look back sometimes.
                    Vin # 2539
                    Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

Nice pics, but just to clarify, that red Ferrari is a 488 Pista, but the white one is a 488 Spider, not an F8.
                      Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

I got my first close look at a HTC today... I've seen a couple on the road, but never where I could take a close look. This one was at a local track day, thought you might enjoy the pictures next to a 488 Pista and a F8.

Unfortunately the track day itself was kind of a bust with a constant drizzle and high 30's temperature so no ability to observe any sort of performance levels, but cool to check out anyway.

Definitely a great looking car, definitely will be my revised choice over the coupe. From the front and sides, it lines up decently against Italian supercar styling.

On the downside, I continue to think GM designers bungled the back end design... Of course only my personal, subjective opinion, but the back end still looks to me "designed by committee" with a lack of cohesiveness.

Click image for larger version Name:	c8 htc - 1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	199811Click image for larger version Name:	image_28511.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	199809

Click image for larger version Name:	c8 htc - 1 (3).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	199810
                        This is hardly an attractive Ferrari look either IMO. If one goes with the entry HTC I feel it is a really nice, clean, pure, aesthetic look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2D85749D-D145-4EAC-986F-A170638CA535.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	199922

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

No camera when the Top is down.
                          B&B

Comment

I truly believe the widebody models will do wonders for the rear design, like how it does on the C8.R. The rear fender flares change the proportions and create a more pleasing aesthetic IMO. The Stingray rear appears more tall and blocky in narrow body trim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C12E569F-9380-488F-97A8-F07C97D41D35.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	199967

Comment

pfbz,
                              thank`s for posting. Looks like the HTC fits in well with the crowd 😊. Great photo’s
                              HTC: 2LT Sebring Orange/Natural. Carbon Flash: nacelles/roof, outside mirrors, open spoke wheels. Performance exhaust. Front lift. Splash guards.
                              Pre order folder created 04/30/2019.
                              Order placed with Mike Furman 02/03/2020

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X