MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Keith Cornett/“CorvetteBlogger”

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com combine once again to bring you the latest news and headlines in the world of Corvette!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...er-2020-el5mlj Some of the topics you'll hear about are:
1.  GM delivers 6,355 C8 Corvettes in the 3rd Quarter
2.  Callaway offers a 25th Anniversary Special Edition for C7 Z06
3.  2020 C8 Corvette named Car Of The Year by Popular Mechanics
4.  Chevrolet announces that C8 production extended thru the end of the year. 2021 production starts in December.
5.  EV Hybrid may replace the Grand Sport in the C8 lineup
6.  2022 C8 Z06 spied at Grattan Raceway with rear wing and newly exposed wheels
7.  Corvette Racing using 3D printed parts
8.  What the reveal of the C8 lineup tells us about the future of Corvette
9.  Guess what Batman’s daily driver is!
Be sure to check out this edition of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

Sorry to be a C8 wet blanket for some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not as knowledgeable as John, but Constraints can be, and have been for a multitude of options, including paint colors.
    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post
      I'm not as knowledgeable as John, but Constraints can be, and have been for a multitude of options, including paint colors.
      Not referring to constraints, but more of build sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Halo View Post
        John- Does THIS scenario only hold true for 'colors' or do any 'options' have the same effect?
        Excellent question. As all but FE2, mage ride on the base car are continuation options, a high likelihood that there are no constraints on the rest. As to whether GM forecast (hypothetical numbers) that 20% would select mag ride on an entry car and reality of first orders submitted is that 31% chose it for their 2021 and thus their could be a slow down (an initial partial constraint), even GM does not yet know.

Again as meyerweb noted, you should get what you really want and in the long run scheme of things would another week or even six make a difference — if there is even such an issue with FE2. Perhaps GM has predicted 20% for FE2 and only 18% choose it and so there is zero delays on that option being produced for all???

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Despite being on the Z06 list, which would result in the sale of my 2021, there's a higher probability I'll own this car for many years. Yes, I would be frustrated by another 2 month delay, and if that occurs y'all will get to hear me whine about it, but I'm getting the color and options I want.
          Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

On the other hand; I'm not sure how many selected colors are made consecutively ... but there's sure a lot of Orange C8 on the Boulevard today (Mon/10/19/20)
            Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
            Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Sometimes just one here and one there. Sometimes batches of up to 25 (at least that is what they did in the C7 era). We do not know the max number in a row they are capable of making currently.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X