MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Do Not Post Anything Political On This Forum!

Violators will not as usual get a gentle private message. Anything posted from now on that is political SHALL result in a minimum one week banning. We do not care what side of the political realm you are on. Take your politics elsewhere! MECF is a car forum
See more
See less

Accelerate Yellow C8 Corvette Bites The Dust After Heavy Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerate Yellow C8 Corvette Bites The Dust After Heavy Crash

GM Authority PR, BY SAM MCEACHERN

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpeg
Views:	524
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	192619

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	192620

Name:	3.jpeg
Views:	418
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	192621

We don’t have very many details on this crash, other than it involved a C8 Corvette Stingray finished in Accelerate Yellow and that it occurred in Arizona.

Judging by the damage in the photos, this crash happened at a fairly high rate of speed. It appears as though the vehicle may have went off the road nose first, hit a ditch or object that sent it spinning and caused some secondary damage to the rear of the vehicle, as well. We wouldn’t be shocked to find out that this accident involved a rollover, either, as the removable roof panel is heavily damaged, the engine cover is missing/broken and the vehicle is covered in dust and dirt.

While some C8 Corvette crashes we’ve seen this year only caused minor damage that wouldn’t be too hard to repair, there’s no saving this poor Accelerate Yellow example. The seemingly large front end impact would have set the interior airbags off and almost certainly compromised the structural integrity of the chassis, as well. The owner of the vehicle can’t be very pleased, but those 2020 Corvette owners who managed to keep their cars pointing in the right direction can rest easy knowing their weekend toy just became a little bit rarer.

We joke, but we hate to see any C8 Corvette wrecked like this and hope the driver of the vehicle was able to walk away from the wreck unhurt. That said, if they did emerge from the crashed unscathed, their ego and pocketbook probably still took a pretty serious beating. Drive safe out there, Corvette fans!
    Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
    Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
    blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Yellow C8, We Hardly Knew Ye. Rest in Peace.

Or maybe, in pieces.

Comment

Wow, this is definitely the worse one I saw to date. Good to hear the safety features on the C8 are this good that they can walk away "unscathed" from something that looks so horrible.

Comment

Another pic:

Name:	120020062_10164181650105035_9109434978614479342_o_54ede49a36dd7f9de001a727714f99e8a5ae31fe.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	192636

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Sad ... Really Sad
          Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
          Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I'm not seein' many 'salvage parts' here. I guess it's another example of someone with more dollars than sense! Keep the shiny side up......
            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivery October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Thanks Jeff for posting and reminding all of us what else these cars can be capable of if we do not pay attention and are not careful.
              Rocket City Florida

Comment

Thanks Jeff. I remember a person with 26 years of track experience when You and I were both involved with a C7 forum, showing us pictures of his wrecked one on a flatbed, his saying he had taken off all the safety nannies and goosed it accelerating from a ”T” intersection.

These cars need to be respected at all times, e.g., less right foot and more common sense.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Other than ruining your car....the words nobody wants to hear...”get back in line pal”........
                  3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Originally posted by Tbob View Post
                    Other than ruining your car....the words nobody wants to hear...”get back in line pal”........
                    A very long line!!!

Comment

Great workmanship though the doors are still aligned. LOL
                      2021 Elkhart Lake Blue coupe, 2LT, Front lift, Chrome Ext. Badge package, mag ride, performance exhaust. Feb 2020 refundable deposit to get on dealer allocation list, Aug 2020 signed a PO with dealer and paid non-refundable deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by BillieBlue21 View Post
                        Means they were not used to get out
                        Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
                        Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                          I'm not seein' many 'salvage parts' here. I guess it's another example of someone with more dollars than sense! Keep the shiny side up......
                          I like to believe it had a high wing that immediately popped off the car, soared through the air, and landed on the doorstep of a C8 owner that had theirs cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by BillieBlue21 View Post
                            It does appear the passenger cell stayed intact, which is how the crash safety systems are supposed to work. The front and rear are designed to crush to protect the important parts.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Means they were not used to get out
                              I was surprised at that too. So how did they get out?
                              2021 Elkhart Lake Blue coupe, 2LT, Front lift, Chrome Ext. Badge package, mag ride, performance exhaust. Feb 2020 refundable deposit to get on dealer allocation list, Aug 2020 signed a PO with dealer and paid non-refundable deposit.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X