One reason I chose a coupe over the HTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One reason I chose a coupe over the HTC

I like to see the power plant. Looking at a detailed engine compartment is a joy and for me a visual experience to be enjoyed.
    The LT2 “under glass” is spectacular to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AAFC4DCB-FFB1-4AD8-B2CA-3E32A3B3D250.jpeg Views:	63 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	185573

I bump the fob every night when I check to see if I remembered to turn the garage light and closed the door....
    2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
    6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

That's going to kill your battery in no time. LOL You do realize there is a current draw on the battery even if nothing is on. Hope you have a battery tender hooked to it.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post
      I like to see the power plant. Looking at a detailed engine compartment is a joy and for me a visual experience to be enjoyed.
      The LT2 “under glass” is spectacular to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAFC4DCB-FFB1-4AD8-B2CA-3E32A3B3D250.jpeg
Views:	826
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	185573

I bump the fob every night when I check to see if I remembered to turn the garage light and closed the door....
      It's a thing of beauty. 👍👍 I probably would do the same thing as well 🍻
      Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I have never before kept a car constantly on a battery tender, but based on GM’s advice that if it is not driven weekly (well that doesn’t count for it will be so driven except in the dead of winter), but for all the constant electrical draw on it even under a “hibernation state,” I am absolutely going to have our C8 battery tendered at night when it is getting its beauty rest.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          That's going to kill your battery in no time. LOL You do realize there is a current draw on the battery even if nothing is on. Hope you have a battery tender hooked to it.
          Sadly all the lights go off after 3 minutes. It’s also my DD and so far it’s started every time🤯
          2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
          6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
          2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
          2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
            I doubt that a pair of LEDs that stay on for 3 minutes each night is going to kill the battery, unless the car sits for a month in between drives.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Had two Chevy Powered 928's - both you could see the engine - one easily (6-71 blower motor), the other through a lexan clear hood - before the Corvette mimic'd us!

Comment

I would have expected GM to have a window over the convertible like the F430 which IMO would look awesome. It still looks good but I think it's cool to see the engine in a mid-engine car. Maybe a higher end HTC will have this for people who want both.

Comment

Would not work for either technical or most like cost reasons. So perhaps as you noted an option on a ZORA? Of course the Spyder(HTC) versions on exotics do not cost just $7,500 but many go into the $25,000 range.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaring Afro View Post
                    I would have expected GM to have a window over the convertible like the F430 which IMO would look awesome. It still looks good but I think it's cool to see the engine in a mid-engine car. Maybe a higher end HTC will have this for people who want both.
                    F430 is a soft top. MUCH easier to make that fold around the engine. None of the newer Ferrari HTCs have a visible engine. There are a couple of aftermarket options available, but they show the transaxle more than they do the engine.

Last edited by meyerweb; 08-31-2020, 04:57 PM.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

F430 is a soft top. MUCH easier to make that fold around the engine. None of the newer Ferrari HTCs have a visible engine. There are a couple of aftermarket options available, but they show the transaxle more than they do the engine.

Well, I wouldn't care if the engine weren't visible with the top down. When it's parked in the garage or at the store, it would be visible. Plus whenever it's not great weather for the top down.

Otherwise, the answer is make the hard top glass (or at least partly glass) so you can still see it That may present some challenges though (at least in cost).

Comment

Originally posted by Flaring Afro View Post

Well, I wouldn't care if the engine weren't visible with the top down. When it's parked in the garage or at the store, it would be visible. Plus whenever it's not great weather for the top down.
                        You still have the heat shield in the way.

Otherwise, the answer is make the hard top glass (or at least partly glass) so you can still see it That may present some challenges though (at least in cost).
                        I suppose if the top were glass you might not need the heat shield, but the entire top would have to withstand engine heat. And with the top down, you'd be looking through multiple layers of glass.
                        Last edited by meyerweb; 08-31-2020, 07:44 PM.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

Comment

OH, I totally agree with the OP on this. I would have ordered the convertible in a heartbeat if it didn't cover up the engine. This is Zora's dream finally come true in the form of a production mid-engine Corvette. I have to see it in all it's glory!
                          2004 Z06, machine silver
                          2018 Honda Type R, black pearl
                          2013 Harley-Davidson Softail CVO, Crimson
                          2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
                          2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

I think the convertibles are awesome in their own right in more ways than one. But I personally couldn’t resist this view while still having an open air option. Click image for larger version

Name:	84EB831F-1D0B-4B13-8465-3AD640AAAC26.jpeg
Views:	432
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	185756
                            Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

Comment

The reason I chose the HTC over the coupe is a practical reason. I have had a hard top convertible in another car and there is no beating the ease and simplicity of removing a top. You don't have to get out of the car to remove the top. And, if you remove the top on the coupe you lose the trunk. I want to be able to throw some bags in the trunk to go away for the weekend and be able to drive with the top down. I know what's under the hood. I never felt the need to have it show.
                              HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
                              Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20;and waiting, and waiting.....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X