MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

Corvette C8.R Night Test at Sebring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d be willing to drive around letting people look at those taillights.
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Yes, yes xXColorShiftXx! An insider said to me we could get “something” after Thanksgiving. Those who have been to Sebring know this track is super spread out, and that one or even two video cameras would not have gotten this great coverage. Thus, does this not seem professionally staged with great video filming so many corners of the track, i.e., might GM have had either its own video crew there or they hired a professional crew of videographers?

Thus, could this not be our opening round of the C8 pre-reveal tease program?
      Absolutely John! Im almost 100% positive GM hired their own film crew or even the corvette team themselves were filming it. Im sure the nurburgring was staged for publicity as well. I mean think about the pics at the gas station where the camera guy was so close to the car taking pics that you could see details of the rear hatch, or that close to the interior. GM wont even let pedestrians come close to the leather wrapped heavily camoed cars in the US, like in colorado. so with this video being very still and not looking like someone hiding in the bushes videoing this, its definitely GM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	GXGXH.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	18327
        This is one of the very first mule pics ever taken and if you look closely, those look like the same taillights poking through the vinyl. current mules have false lights in placeholders to make them impossible to guess style, but road legal as well.

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
          Great video! Nice to see something new. It sounds great and looks menacing. That DCT shifts FAST!
          That’s a sequential trans.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Yes, yes xXColorShiftXx! An insider said to me we could get “something” after Thanksgiving. Those who have been to Sebring know this track is super spread out, and that one or even two video cameras would not have gotten this great coverage. Thus, does this not seem professionally staged with great video filming so many corners of the track, i.e., might GM have had either its own video crew there or they hired a professional crew of videographers?

Thus, could this not be our opening round of the C8 pre-reveal tease program?
            I couldn't agree more................this looks totally staged and the video quality is absolutely amazing. I haven't been to Sebring but each pass looks like it's from a different part of the track does it not? NO WAY someone gets that kind of free range and isn't seen at different parts of the track.....even by the drive of the car himself.

Comment

As a Boston fan here's how I feel right now after seeing this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ2umWOcTKU

Comment

Originally posted by xXColorShiftXx View Post

Name:	317A500F-BF92-46C2-AE18-D81DEC60336F.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	18315 Now here is how a teaser should be done!
                ****! Nice catch, so it’s NYCAS.

Comment

Love the tail lights.

Really, really hoping the street car version does not have a flat plane crank. Please, GM don't do that.

Comment

Thanks MikeC8 for posting this great picture!

Name:	29D690B1-E69E-477C-939B-10D7BA65BA44.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	18338
                    Last edited by John; 12-07-2018, 10:38 AM.
                    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post

****! Nice catch, so it’s NYCAS.
                      This is my custom teaser image that I made, not a official image/teaser from GM.

Comment

We can only now say with certainty, that the 2020 Corvette mid engine’s reveal is coming.

T
                        he question is, how is our patience holding out.

​​​​​​​
                        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

OMG.....I can't believe there is a ME C8 less than 90 miles from my house!!!!

If I only knew that I could even get a slight peek, I would shoot over to Sebring right now!
                          Mark JD
                          Sunny Venice, Florida

2019 Grand Sport Convertible, 3LT, Blade Silver with Adrenaline Red interior. Delivery date: 12/12/2018
                          Our other ride: 2017 Cadillac XT5 Black Diamond Tricoat

Comment

Originally posted by Mark JD View Post
                            OMG.....I can't believe there is a ME C8 less than 90 miles from my house!!!!

If I only knew that I could even get a slight peek, I would shoot over to Sebring right now!
                            We are leaving for Florida in a few days. Might have to alter our route down to drive into Sebring. Hope they are down there for a while.

Comment

Think the report was they were there 2 days testing C7.R & C8.R. Who knows when they will again?

Comment

Sure would be nice to see Pratt & Miller come back down to the Roar before the 24 next month. I’m sure it won’t but I can dream a little. I’ve read that you can’t enter a new car during mid season in GTLM. That means it’s got to be ready to go on January 26th at the Rolex 24. Don’t think so. Don’t know how the Camaro entered the GT4 mid season. But that’s a different series all together.
                                Spotscar 365 wrote below in yesterday’s news.

”It remains unclear if the yet-to-be-announced Corvette, which was initially caught testing at Road America in August exclusively by Sportscar365, will take part in any races next year.”

Well we shall see if they are correct ......fingers crossed.
                                Last edited by MikeC8; 12-07-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X