Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedPhenom’s Video On $59,995 C8

Thanks Austin for more fun!

Click image for larger version  Name:	425F8204-F4A8-48CC-9747-55F9B258A176.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	408.0 KB ID:	173912
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Great video, I might just go with the 1 LT.

Comment

Originally posted by CVII View Post
      Great video, I might just go with the 1 LT.
      I would highly suggest at least the 2LT. There is some massive blind spots trying to just use the rear view and side view mirrors. When in highway traffic it will definitely come in handy to have the Blind Side Alerts and the Camera Rear View Mirror. This car is definitely different than most. I tried driving around for a while with alerts turned off and rear view camera off and it takes some time to make sure you are clear to change lanes as you are looking through the very narrow rear window opening off of a tiny rear mirror which you are only seeing maybe 1/3 of the small mirror. Those precious seconds could make the difference between an accident or not and if you were changing lanes it would be on you. Plus all of the other great features the 2LT comes with.
      The rear view camera allows you to zoom in or out and change brightness and you can even set it up to actually see part of both lanes in back of you on your sides. I cannot say enough about the rear view camera. Trying to see through that back window off the regular rear view mirror is nuts. Your sight is extremely limited compared to the camera mirror.
      And for those of you who love cruising with your Stereo- You will not have to upgrade the 2LT Sound System- It Rocks.
      Also if driving in hot humid weather-the Cooled Seats are awesome also. I use them every day here in Florida. The list also goes on but above are my Must Haves. Worth the price of admission? Definitely

Edit- Also if you think you can judge where the back or front of this car is actually at your going to hit a parking block or curb or back into a vehicle trying to back out of your spot without the Curb View Camera or Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Or you can bring a spotter and have them get out and back you up or park.

Includes everything in 1LT, plus:
      • Head-Up Display
      • Power Lumbar and Wing Adjustment
      • Wireless Phone Charging
      • Heated and Vented Seats
      • Heated Steering Wheel
      • Bose Performance Series 14-Speaker Audio System
      • Navigation with Traffic
      • Performance Data Recorder
      • SiriusXM Satellite Radio® with 1-year Subscription
      • Universal Home Remote Sun Visor
      • Power-Folding Mirrors
      • Rear Camera Mirror – Coupe
      • Memory Package
      • Curb View Camera
      • Side Blind Zone Alert
      • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
      • Advanced Theft-Deterrent System
      • Parcel Nets
      Last edited by Frenzy36; 08-02-2020, 12:27 AM.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Good morning Frenzy36,
        Thanks for taking the time to supply me with this information . I have plenty of time to decide which options I will choose and more than likely will go 2LT and possibly with Z51.I will be paying for this car out of pocket and would like to keep it in the low 70’s. Just the sales tax and other fees will more than likely go over the 5 grand mark.The only sure choice at present will be the Silver Flare paint.
        Thanks again for your time and thoughts, I truly appreciate your help.
        Tom Kerbeck
        PS. I have yet to see one in person, I live about 85 miles from Kerbeck and planning to take a ride to see one in the raw.

Comment

Nice video & discussion of differences👍🏼! I strongly agree with FRENZY36 — I went with 2LT, the options were a BARGAIN “to me” for what you get! Also, my wife will be driving & she likes the safety features of the 2LT. The other guy in video is making his rounds showing differences between base levels. In Austin’s video, the guy got a few things “off” — top speeds for Z-51 & non-Z-51s & number of speakers between levels. He was also on some newscast showing differences (see link). The news guy knew a lot about the C8👍🏼.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KlkCvwPlxCA
          Last edited by EL VIEJO; 08-02-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Personally, I like all the features that come with the 2LT.

One of these 2LT features that I've begun to stop using is the LCD rear view mirror. I find that switching the mirror into the "traditional" mode provides me with a more rapid interpretation of the situation behind me.

The reason for this is that your eyes are focused to "long distance" while looking out the windshield, and with a traditional rear view mirror you have that same long focal distance. You can immediately interpret what's behind you while driving, and I find that the traditional mirror resolution is still good enough to determine if that white Dodge Charger off in the distance behind me is actually a LEO.

With the LCD mirror active, the focal distance for me is about 16", and it can take a second to bring the LCD display into focus.

Still, I also have praise for the LCD rear view mirror, as you can adjust brightness and zoom level. With the zoom set to the lowest value, I don't believe that the C8 has any blind spots (when you add the side mirrors to the mix).
            My C8:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Mobius, totally agree with your post including the mirror. There is no way I could ever use the LCD. I thought for a while it was my prescription glasses causing the issue but when my wife drove the car to the grocery store the other day she had the same opinion and she doesn’t wear glasses. I’m glad a lot of owners like it but not for me. Ps. I have over 3000 miles on the car and tried it a dozen times. Jim

Comment

I really like my 1LT, but I did add the Z51 option along with wheels and calipers. Car is light and fast. Don't need all the fluff.

Comment

Boy! I am glad I have some time to get this resolved . All good points from everyone.

Comment

My 2020 1LT Coupe Elkhart Lake Blue w Sky Cool gray seats order has only 3 options; Performance Exhaust, Bright Red calipers and Chrome badges for $61,885. This is the lightest fastest version available! At 3000 now and hoping for fall delivery.

Comment

I think that the mirror camera is not yet fully appreciated for how great it is.

I can understand how at first it can be odd to adjust your focus as your mind is expecting a mirror and your eyes are focused for distance out of habit.

If you train your mind to consider the mirror as a screen, much like your infotainment screen, your eyes focus instantly.

I think that the issues above are with respect to expectations of your mind.

I've embraced the camera mirror and I could never go back! An unobstructed perfect view!

Give it a chance with as you train your mind, it's amazing.
                      Last edited by Happy2bHere; 08-03-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

I would highly suggest at least the 2LT. There is some massive blind spots trying to just use the rear view and side view mirrors. When in highway traffic it will definitely come in handy to have the Blind Side Alerts and the Camera Rear View Mirror. This car is definitely different than most. I tried driving around for a while with alerts turned off and rear view camera off and it takes some time to make sure you are clear to change lanes as you are looking through the very narrow rear window opening off of a tiny rear mirror which you are only seeing maybe 1/3 of the small mirror. Those precious seconds could make the difference between an accident or not and if you were changing lanes it would be on you. Plus all of the other great features the 2LT comes with.
                        The rear view camera allows you to zoom in or out and change brightness and you can even set it up to actually see part of both lanes in back of you on your sides. I cannot say enough about the rear view camera. Trying to see through that back window off the regular rear view mirror is nuts. Your sight is extremely limited compared to the camera mirror.
                        And for those of you who love cruising with your Stereo- You will not have to upgrade the 2LT Sound System- It Rocks.
                        Also if driving in hot humid weather-the Cooled Seats are awesome also. I use them every day here in Florida. The list also goes on but above are my Must Haves. Worth the price of admission? Definitely

Edit- Also if you think you can judge where the back or front of this car is actually at your going to hit a parking block or curb or back into a vehicle trying to back out of your spot without the Curb View Camera or Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Or you can bring a spotter and have them get out and back you up or park.

Includes everything in 1LT, plus:
                        • Head-Up Display
                        • Power Lumbar and Wing Adjustment
                        • Wireless Phone Charging
                        • Heated and Vented Seats
                        • Heated Steering Wheel
                        • Bose Performance Series 14-Speaker Audio System
                        • Navigation with Traffic
                        • Performance Data Recorder
                        • SiriusXM Satellite Radio® with 1-year Subscription
                        • Universal Home Remote Sun Visor
                        • Power-Folding Mirrors
                        • Rear Camera Mirror – Coupe
                        • Memory Package
                        • Curb View Camera
                        • Side Blind Zone Alert
                        • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
                        • Advanced Theft-Deterrent System
                        • Parcel Nets

After driving my Corvettes with the fluff. I tried to determine what of all the features I really used, when buying my C8.

Everything above in base LT1, Plus.

I ordered the C8,

LT1 with Z51 package,
                        FE4 suspension, Z51 performance with, Magnetic Ride Control, With J55 Z51 Brakes.
                        B4Z Traction Management
                        J6N Calipers, Edge Red.
                        IOT, Audio system with navigation, 10 speakers. This gives you the UQT Performance data, and video recorder.
                        ZZ3, Engine Appearance Package.
                        VO8, Heavy duty cooling system.
                        EFY Exterior body color accents., with side vents, and front/rear grill accents
                        UQV, NFC.
                        UVB, HD Rear Vision Camera.
                        ZYC, Carbon Flash Painted outside mirrors.
                        Q8Q, Carbon Flash wheels.
                        SNG, Fender Hash Stripes, Edge Red/ Carbon Flash accents.
                        ERI, Battery Protection Package.
                        EYK, Chrome Exterior Badge Package.
                        TOA,, Z51 Spoiler
                        Color, Blade Silver, with Red Interior..

May not have all the fluff, but do have All the Performance items, in a Light Package.

Saved $7,800 over getting LT2 package. Which would have been added cost, over above items.

Total Cost $72,810.

Comment

Originally posted by Braz View Post

After driving my Corvettes with the fluff. I tried to determine what of all the features I really used, when buying my C8.

I ordered the C8,

LT1 with Z51 package,
                          FE4 suspension, Z51 performance with, Magnetic Ride Control, With J55 Z51 Brakes.
                          B4Z Traction Management
                          J6N Calipers, Edge Red.
                          IOT, Audio system with navigation, 10 speakers. This gives you the UQT Performance data, and video recorder.
                          UQV, NFC.
                          TOA,, Z51 Spoiler

May not have all the fluff, but do have All the Performance items, in a Light Package.

Saved $7,800 over getting LT2 package. Which would have been added cost, over above items.

Total Cost $72,810.
                          Everyone is entitled to purchase the correct options for themselves. I am going to tour the country in mine and will never track it.
                          After knowing the wait was going to be long (2 years BTW.) and demand was going to be much higher than previous generations. I went with 3LT , Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, CF int trim, CF Roof Panel, High Wing, Premium LBR Paint, Morello Red Dipped Interior, GT2 Seats, Racing Stripes, CF Ground Effects (Which they axed) and I have on order from another vendor. Also the 5 year/60K GM Warranty (Which you can only get the day you pay for the vehicle). (Something I Did NOT Know) Any other warranty is aftermarket and Has Clauses which may not be covered.
                          The only things I didn't want was the custom engine cover or the engine appearance package as I removed my engine cover to aid in engine cooling and tinted my rear window and side windows, so nobody would constantly be trying to lean against my car to look at the engine which was happening.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

I ordered the C8,

LT1 with Z51 package,
                            B4Z Traction Management
                            J6N Calipers, Edge Red.
                            UQV, NFC.
                            TOA,, Z51 Spoiler

Total Cost $72,810.

Comment

Confused that some think the 2LT is fluff. For me, leaving off the safety features alone would probably be a deal breaker. IMO, 2LT is absolutely essential.
                              Recently sold:
                              Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X