MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Emelia Hartford Blows Up Her C8 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emelia Hartford Blows Up Her C8 engine

I didn't actually watch this, but figure some of you might want to.

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

I've been following her videos with the twin-turbo install, and I'm pretty much disgusted by them.

She's the perfect example that money can't fix stupid.
    My C8:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

First of all ... to each his/her own.

Second ... It's their Car and their money.

But my Grandfather use to always say how youth is wasted on the young. Personally I can't relate to some of these people who have so much disposable cash, and even if I had the extra money, I'd most likely put it to better use than back into the Car.

Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

That's too bad. Why not leave well enough alone.
        Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

No amount of Money makes someone likable or smart
          Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
          Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

You also have to remember how YouTubers make their money - through clicks. Now she'll rebuild the engine and make a bunch of videos, show how it's more powerful than before and show a bunch of dyno and track day event videos, and make a bunch of cash along the way.

Any way to generate clicks is good for them, so I dont think they have any regrets for beating up their car...

​​​​​​For many of us, we would never treat our Corvettes that way... We cherrish them in a different way and they're not tools to generate money for us.

Comment

We have so far seen from a few who have modded their C8’s with massive power increasing changes the following: one blown motor, one DCT clutch already slipping on another C8, and one that experience snapped rear axle half shaft — and that’s all we know about.

Regarding just one of those three, have some folks forgotten that the written spec for the C8’s DCT’s ability to handle torque is limited to 590 foot pounds and that Tremec in writing has stated that they are working on more powerful versions.

If one safely wants a much more powerful C8, the Z06 is coming, then the ZR1 is coming, and then after that ZORA is coming. Each will have a factory warranty. Each will have a fully engineered system in which all of the parts work well and have been tested together.

I
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

She's a rare C8 Vlogger who gets her hands dirty and is into the mechanical aspects of ownership. She knew upfront this could happen and like "pksjc" said, it is interesting enough to generate views and therefore income.

I am a bit surprised more here don't follow this with interest since it seems 9 out of 10 C6 and C7 owners I talk to blather on about "twin turbskies". They either have them, want them or are just fanboying on the concept. This series shows what's possible on a C8 re "twin turbskies"! 😏

I have a suspicion GM is also following with interest as her build is an ultimate stress test that will help them prepare the Z06 and other future iterations to handle the power expected of them.

Comment

The problem with modifying the LT2 is that there is no way to adjust the fuel/timing map of the ECU (given GM's new encryptions), so you can drop around $10,000 to $20,000 on a twin turbo install with no effective way to tune the engine for forced induction.

Bad things are going to happen to the engine, and you're better off enjoying your Stingray for the next year and then using those dollars to upgrade to a Z06 in 2022.
                  Last edited by Mobius; 07-31-2020, 12:19 PM. Reason: typo
                  My C8:
                  '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                  '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

The mechanical over stressing is valuable R & D, for whoever takes notice. The customer shenanigans are real world extreme testing. Customer time and expense. Validation and invalidation. Certainly informs caution.
                    Last edited by SheepDog; 07-31-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that trying to take the c8 to another level is commendable. these people are doing the testing for us with no out of pocket expense to us.
                      All these people that cry foul are nuts this is how the world is changed buy people experimenting. People just can't be happy when someone goes out side the box
                      to get more!

Comment

I am with your Dennis Rich about commending alternative paths that others’ choose with their money and their accepting the consequences.

The concern I have is that unlike the major companies, whether it be GM, Callaway and Lingenfelter, if one choose to just steroid-ally substitute just one new part or even a couple of them without standing back and evaluating the interactive effects of small-focused changes, the chances of a melt down are huge.

If one increases power, that effects every clutch, every bearing, every downstream part, and as noted above as of yet no one has cracked the C8’s ECU. If someone wishes to go down a narrow focus path and accept the consequences, fine - for it is their money and time.

But I personally would like to spend my money on fully researched, totally evaluated and totally integrated enhanced systems for I just do not have enough money to become anyone’s beta tester.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I enjoy following her video's. It's interesting to see where the weak links are and how they modify different components to be able to handle the excessive HP. This is a practice that has been going on since the car was invented. Pushing the envelope is what leads us to exceptional products and upgrades.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

She's a cute kid and knows how to drive. Nice to see a young woman with a real interest in fast cars. I wouldn't do to my car what she is doing but it is entertaining. I am content to enjoy this car and move to the Z06 to satisfy my horsepower addiction. Nice to have a car designed for the increased horsepower with a full warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by JB
                              Not to be negative but I really didnt care for her decals either...but like her clothes the decals Im sure come off easy enough and all will be good in the world again ..(kidding amd sorry for being a pig)
                              If you need some more C8 eye-candy, you can check-out Christina Khalil's C8 videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...F3hqTU9NKDEPTD

If you look past her super-car videos, you'll see how she makes her money.

To the best of my knowledge, she hasn't blown-up her C8 (yet).
                              My C8:

Current Vettes:

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X