• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPD1111
    Sr. Contributor
    • Nov 2019
    • NJ

Side by side

Went out for dinner tonight and ended up parked next to a Mclaren. My C8 is Sebring Orange and I'm a bit disappointed that the pic came up somewhat red. The Mclarwn owner seemed a bit displeased that I had several people circling my car asking me questions....and he got in his and drove off. Does anyone have pics of their C8 parked next to other super cars or more expensive cars?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.JPG
Views:	972
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	162220
    Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;
  • MrBluster
    Sr. Contributor & Patron
    • Sep 2019
    • Winston-Salem, NC

Methinks Mr. McLaren is a little miffed that he owns a car that costs a fortune, is made by a company in serious danger of going belly up, and looks a little plain next to a Chevrolet!
    Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

• Pb7148
      Senior Contributing Member & Patron
      • Dec 2019
      • CA

No brainer, I'll take the c8 everytime 👍👍
      Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

• John
        co-founder/admin
        • Jun 2018
        • PNW

This is a fun thread to read. I truly hope McLaren makes it through these tough times.
        2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, every visible carbon fiber option including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 25 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• SheepDog
          Senior Contributor
          • Jul 2018

The C8 is closer to the camera and appears much larger. How do they compare in size in person?

Side by side which looks appropriately sized.

I saw a C8 at a venue with 80s superCars, F40, older Ferraris and Muria, and thought the older cars looked frail in comparison.

If anyone knows, are the C8 and C8-R the same size measurements. By visual eyeballing?
          Last edited by SheepDog; 07-05-2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• shiumai
            Patron & Sr. Contributor
            • Sep 2019
            • SoCal

I think that McLaren make some of the best looking cars (including that 570S. Love the 765LT). But, even if I could afford to buy one (which I can't), I don't think I would, based on reliability reports. I hope McLaren makes it through, too.
            I've noticed that the red C8 sometimes looks orange and vice versa in some pics and lighting conditions. I think it's because SBO is a very deep/saturated shade.

Comment

• ZORA 69
              Senior Contributor
              • Oct 2018

Mclaren owners and Ferrari owners are a different breed as far as I am concerned. They buy a car cause they can and then look down on others that are enjoying what is in their means. The C8 is payback to these rude pompous people that do not really have the same passion as we do for our cars. There is of course exceptions to this rule. Please, if anyone has witnessed this exception please let me know.

Comment

• Ace
                Sr. Contributor
                • Jul 2019
                • Germany

Both are great looking cars. But one is actually an affordable goal most people can set for themself, while the other one is only for the upper 0,X% or if you win the lottery. I think that is why the Corvette is drawing so much attention. If you see a McLaren, Ferrari, etc people notice the car look great and people know ther offers great performance, but when you see a Corvette you can actually dream about having one in the future.
                2023 C8 Stingray | Elkhart Lake Blue | 2LT | Coupe | European Model

Comment

• whl3
                  ZORA Patron, Founder, & Sr. Contributor
                  • Jul 2018
                  • Cincinnati

.............and service doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. At least with Corvette, some factory backed service is always local to where you garage your car, to say nothing of the real “icing on the cake”, the C8 itself is now a true world beating supercar!!!!
                  Last edited by whl3; 07-06-2020, 04:35 PM.
                  GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

• Vitamin C8
                    Sr. Contributor
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Toronto

Both are beautiful cars. I would be happy to have either one.

Comment

• bobbytinvab
                      Sr. Contributing Member & Patron
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Virginia Beach, VA

WRT to size of the cars, the C8 (C7 as well) are larger in size when seen next to the Mclarens, not by a large amount. The Corvettes just look more "substantial" when parked next to most of the current exotics. When parked next to the older exotics the Corvettes are very much bigger. I see that with my 308 and NSX, the C7 makes them look puny in the garage. I'm guessing all the safety stuff required today ... I dunno ... but the difference is striking.

Comment

• DavidM
                        Senior Contributor
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Waco, Texas

I am a car guy. I like just about any of them. I did not buy Ferrari/MB/Porsche cars so I could look down my nose at lesser cars/drivers. I bought them because they were beautiful automobiles that were fun to drive. Unique in some cases but cool cars. I never once bought one of the many Corvettes I have owned so I could "one up' anyone. Certainly all of the military vehicles I own/have owned are not "beautiful" but they are cool and somewhat unique. I am a car guy, what can I say. I like them all but only buy what I really like. I can appreciate the passion of someone that customizes a VW Thing. I would never buy one but I can enjoy what someone else does with it and I recognize the same passion in them for their bug that I have for my vehicles.
                        2020 2LT Z51 Coupe
                        2001 Z06 Millenium Yellow/Red/Black
                        1966 Coupe Red/Black with Factory AC, PS, PB, PA, KO Wheels

Comment

• Neil H
                          Senior Contributor
                          • Nov 2019

Since we are talking about side by side, have any of you noticed that other driver's slow down when you pass them or when they catch up to you?
                          I really think this car is intimidating, at least to some, maybe many!
                          I'm sure some are just getting a good look at the car.
                          Where I live, there are very few exotics or they are in hiding or afraid to drive them.
                          Around here I've noticed that the only drivers that pretend that other cars don't exist, including my C8, seem to be driving Dodge's.
                          I'm sure that is not typical of Dodge owners but that is what I've noticed in these parts.
                          TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                          Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

• Murray20c8
                            2020 Forum MVP & Sr. Contributor
                            • Nov 2019
                            • Uxbridge, Ontario

Originally posted by ZORA 69
                            Mclaren owners and Ferrari owners are a different breed as far as I am concerned. They buy a car cause they can and then look down on others that are enjoying what is in their means. The C8 is payback to these rude pompous people that do not really have the same passion as we do for our cars. There is of course exceptions to this rule. Please, if anyone has witnessed this exception please let me know.
                            Corvette owners are a different breed as far as I am concerned. They buy a car cause they can and then look down on others that are enjoying what is in their means. The Camaro is payback to these rude pompous people ..... Oh wait! Is this the Camaro forum????

LOL. What Zora69 forgot to add was "Present company excluded of course"

It takes all kinds and there are those in all walks of life.
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

• jagamajajaran
                              Sr. Event Correspondent, Major Contributor & Founding Member
                              • Jul 2018
                              • Lawton, OK

Very nice! Does the orange look less red in this pic?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23173.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	162442

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...