Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Split Window C8 Easily and Quickly Done Thanks to “Skank”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Window C8 Easily and Quickly Done Thanks to “Skank”

I love creativity, but nothing of course beats a split window coupe. Look what just arrived, a combination of both. Thank you “Skank!”

Click image for larger version  Name:	1974974A-9A37-40F6-923B-78657EF85159.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	161839
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Well done Skank. We think that might become part of our C8, though a minor detail we would have the install would cut out the rear hatch upper camera so visibility remains great. My wife got her first ride in our C8 the other day and she thinks the rear camera mirror improves the passenger experience greatly over our previous Corvette.

Anyone remember the best vinyl carbon fiber overlay to match GM’s for the C8?
    Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

Hwasup Lee will go down as one of the best Corvette designers ever. He has both C7 and C8 designs attributed to him. I also think there is a split window detail that will be planned for the ZORA coupe model. Last year I talked to Corvette exterior designer Vlad Kapitonov at the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca and told him about a thread I started on the forums about the possible split window design element that could be integrated on the top C8 ZORA model. We discussed the two recessed crease lines that create a centered recess area on the coupe. I asked him about those two lines and the fact that the vented window frame incorporates a rear view camera with a recess at the camera location and also at the bottom of the window frame. Those two recess crease lines follow over the top and down to the front hood as well as down the front fascia to the front splitter. This is a perfect opportunity to create a 45 degree centerlined book matched carbon fiber detail that was on the C7 ZR1. He was quite amused with my questions to him about the potential split window design concept. He just politely smiled and answered without giving anything away. We discussed the highly integrated design aspects of the new C8 and I think he was enjoying the fact that some of us Corvette enthusiasts are design savvy. Pagani, Bugatti and others have historically used this centerline design to create amazing details. Retired Ed Welborn went on record indicating he wanted a centerline feature detail that paid homage to the 63 split window coupe. There is a split window schematic design by Lee also. Lee has numerous patent applications indicating he is heavily involved in the C8 design.

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/hwasup-lee
      Last edited by Skank; 07-04-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

The two crease lines that create this recess converge perfectly at the pointy end of Stingray emblem. How ironic and perfect is that? Well planned and executed by the design team.

Comment

I am a big fan of Hwasup Lee ever since he won the worldwide GM C7 design contest in 2010 with this design that we all now recognize.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B9D4A7EA-90BD-411D-ABA6-720AAC4CCFE8.jpeg
Views:	2112
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	161857
          Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Jagamajajaran shared these two C8 designs by Hwasup Lee (designs Jeremy owns from NCM auctions).

Click image for larger version

Name:	5093EFE6-4DE0-4D31-B74A-CA201AFB1D3D.jpeg
Views:	1917
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	161859

Comment

The above renders look so good without a spoiler on the rear deck. Jeremy has a nice piece of history to hang on the wall for sure.
              Last edited by 455SDguy; 07-05-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Not for me, but to each his own.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Skank View Post
                  Hwasup Lee will go down as one of the best Corvette designers ever. He has both C7 and C8 designs attributed to him. I also think there is a split window detail that will be planned for the ZORA coupe model.
                  I hope they have the good sense to NOT do an SWC Zora version. Mr. Duntov despised that rear window. If they want to honor him by naming a car after him, why insult him at the same time.

Comment

That just looks awful as well as Hwasup Lee's designs, Sorry, thank god GM cleaned them up. I don't care if he won some award in 2010 for his design it is horrible and if C7s were built like his design we would not have bought c7's. Thank You GM designers for cleaning up a horrible design before producing the C7. And, why would someone cover up the much anticipated rear window that we all admired on the C8, It is taking a much anticipated design and destroying it. Just cause they had a split window coupe in 63 that became an Iconic car?? That is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Jagamajajaran shared these two C8 designs by Hwasup Lee (designs Jeremy owns from NCM auctions).

Click image for larger version  Name:	5093EFE6-4DE0-4D31-B74A-CA201AFB1D3D.jpeg Views:	42 Size:	162.9 KB ID:	161859
                      the sketches look pretty slick.

i like these two.

the tribute to the split rear window in another drawing in this thread not so much.

Maybe in real life it will be better?
                      Last edited by JB; 07-05-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Split window was great in the 60’s. So were bias ply tires. RIP, please
                        3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Look at these early renderings from GM design. Clearly showing a concept that includes a split window. Click image for larger version  Name:	0CAB8013-AD42-4175-8A45-C2F6BAA19BD6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	162039

Comment

Originally posted by Nooshinjohn View Post

I hope they have the good sense to NOT do an SWC Zora version. Mr. Duntov despised that rear window. If they want to honor him by naming a car after him, why insult him at the same time.
                            He despised it only because they had no other solutions for rear viewing except a traditional simple mirror and two side mirrors. We now have the rear view streaming camera's which is a game changer producing wide swath viewing way beyond a traditional rear view mirror. This camera will change the design directives allowing them to do many more creative design elements that are based on centerline symmetry. Bugatti, Pagani, Koenigegg's, Lamborghini, and others are already doing the rear view streaming camera's. I imagine they could integrate the nighttime viewing technology into the rear viewing at some point since Cadillac has it already going forward.

Comment

It's something interesting to contemplate - then to move on from.
                              C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X