Click image for larger version

Name:	E787B6F3-0F14-4BCB-832F-D85308EFD7D3.jpeg
Views:	723
Size:	4.91 MB
ID:	237785 Click image for larger version

Name:	96793E5C-148B-46B4-B2A0-BA7F82D46832.jpeg
Views:	736
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	237784 Just got her home from detail shop, man does it shine!! Pics prolly don't show as well, but it just POPS and looks like liquid Red Mist!! Very shiny and deep looking!

Name:	ADEFBDDE-5287-43A0-8D60-B691EB707438.jpeg
Views:	762
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	237783
    👍 You Car Looks Really Bad-****
    [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
    [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

• Because you can never have too many photos of Red Mist C8s....

I drove up to Criswell today to pick up my splash guards, and they had TWO Red Mist C8s inside the service lane for PDI. One a 3LT coupe, one a 2LT HTC, both with black stripes and Torch Red two-tone interior. The first four pics are the coupe, which had been cleaned. The HTC had not yet been cleaned.

One observation: this is the first time I've seen RM in person that wasn't outdoors in sunshine. A lot of GM's metallics look great in the sun, but really dull indoors or on a heavily overcast day. Lime Rock Green is a prime example, and the DSOM that I love does this to a lesser extent. Maybe it's the tintcoat, but I think RM looks really good even under this harsh indoor lighting. I couldn't be happier with my choice. These pics also show how much the color changes depending on the angle of the light. Very cool.

BUT, if you want a color that's not going to be very common, this isn't it. 2 of 3 C8s they had undergoing PDI were Red Mist. Mike Furman told me that the week before the last shutdown, 25% of production was Red Mist. I'm going from one of the rarest C7 colors to one of (if not THE) most popular C8 color. C'est la vie. I buy what I like, and don't care what anyone else does or doesn't buy.

Oh, and Mike said of all the colors GM has offered the C8 in, Red Mist is his favorite. I'm tempted to say that if I had ordered Sebring Orange, or Zeus Bronze, he would have said THAT was his favorite color, except that he bought Red Mist HTC for himself.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210217_122059.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.02 MB ID:	242139

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210217_122110.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.97 MB ID:	242140
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20210217_122150.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	242141

The lighting wasn't good for getting a clean shot of how the AR works with the RM, but I personally think it looks good. In fact, I think it works better with RM than Torch Red. I almost wish I had gone with this combo now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210217_122128.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	242142

HTC:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210217_122300.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	242143

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210217_122316.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	242144

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210217_122340.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	242145
      Last edited by meyerweb; 02-17-2021, 02:16 PM.
      Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• meyerweb. Thanks for the pics. I too think the Adrenalin Red two tone interior is very nice with the Red Mist. IMO, we should ask GM to remove the color override on that combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

👍 You Car Looks Really Bad-****
          Thank you! 😊
          2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
          Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

• Stopped by the dealer. They had this Red Mist 1LT on the show room floor that was sold. Click image for larger version

Name:	90F38EED-7A64-4EE4-B88E-6BF3FB776BCD.jpeg
Views:	482
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	242189

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	35524DB2-EE80-4FBE-A57B-677F0E5B8428.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	242192

Comment

• meyerweb thanks for the pictures, you are correct, just can’t get enough pics of that color! I would also like to say that you do an excellent job with your pics, capturing the car from various angles that really complement the car. Now the stripes are growing on me - looking at other pics without stripes after looking at those two cars make the others look plain. Although your comment about the adrenaline red interior now makes me regret not getting two tone seats with my 3LT black with red stitching interior 🙄.
                Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
                2000 status 2/13/2021
                3000 status 2/17/2021

Comment

• Pretty close to the build I decided on

Name:	image_33797.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	243740

Comment

• Originally posted by pksjc View Post
                    meyerweb. Thanks for the pics. I too think the Adrenalin Red two tone interior is very nice with the Red Mist. IMO, we should ask GM to remove the color override on that combination.
                    Yes it is surprising that it requires a color override, since Red/Red has been one of the most popular Corvette color combinations throughout the generations (not 53s).---Bob
                    2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                    -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                    1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                    1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                    1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                    ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                    Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                    NCM Lifetime Member
                    Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                    "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobia384 View Post
                      Pretty close to the build I decided on

Name:	image_33797.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	243740
                      Just like mine except I won't have the rear wing (or the Z51 package).
                      Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Just like mine except I won't have the rear wing (or the Z51 package).
                        👍 Good choice and yes I went way over budget. I don't want to have any regrets. My car will look just like that one with chrome badges ( in case I decide to go with chrome or polished wheels). Black interior with red stitching and red seat belts. This car was at Kerbeck one day and it caught my eye

Click image for larger version  Name:	image000000-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	245594

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobia384 View Post

👍 Good choice and yes I went way over budget. I don't want to have any regrets. My car will look just like that one with chrome badges ( in case I decide to go with chrome or polished wheels). Black interior with red stitching and red seat belts. This car was at Kerbeck one day and it caught my eye.
                          I agree Cobia. This photo below left an impression with me and that's why I will include the black seat/red stitch option on my request.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	335DF8B5-F348-4F31-A83B-96EFEDDD945B.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	245648
                          Last edited by LobShot; 02-28-2021, 08:37 PM.
                          __________________________________________________ _______

MY2021 C8 Coupe/3LT/Red Mist Metallic/Jet Black Interior/Red Leather Stitch/Edge Red Calipers/GT2 Seats/Front Lift/Chrome Badge Pkg/Body Color Accents/Carbon Fiber Trim Int/MSRC/Silver Painted Wheels/Z51/Engine Appearance Pkg

Order Events: MM Deposit: Feb 25 Mar 1-#689: Mar 9-#678

Comment

• Originally posted by LobShot View Post
                            I agree Cobia. This photo below left an impression with me and that's why I will include the black seat/red stitch option on my request.
                            Click image for larger version Name:	335DF8B5-F348-4F31-A83B-96EFEDDD945B.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	245648
                            I seriously considered that interior option, but I couldn't personally justify the extra $3300 for the 3LT just to get black with red stitching. If that were available on the 2LT, I would have done it.

Comment

I seriously considered that interior option, but I couldn't personally justify the extra $3300 for the 3LT just to get black with red stitching. If that were available on the 2LT, I would have done it.
                              I would have been fine with 2lt myself but in the end went with the 3lt to get what I wanted. My plan from the get go was 2lt but some of the offerings just didn't appeal to "me". By no means are they bad just not my cup of tea. If I decided on a different color car I think I could have made 2lt work.

Comment

Same here, Sky Cool Grey / Two Tone was my second choice. I was going to go Back w/Red Stich but thought I could use the extra $3k for PPF and other stuff.
                                [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
                                [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X