C8 Exterior Color: Red Mist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Exterior Color: Red Mist

GM provided Red Mist rendering. I talked with a major member of the Corvette team who described it is something like Magnetic Red Metallic II and Crystal Red Metallic. Of course we can’t wait to see it beyond a rendering, actually on a C8. But here’s a start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	637FDD6D-8CD3-4F85-9524-0084BC9A431D.jpeg
Views:	17139
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	150176

Can't wait to see that color in the wild. I am sure the actual color will be more exciting than the rendering.

Comment

I too can't wait to see the actual color on the car, my question is will they have a matching interior trim color.

Comment

That image looks very orangey. I don't think it will really look like that. OTOH, Tadge did describe it as "fiery." And if it is, I think I'll love it even more.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Articles I've read describe it closer to crystal red, but not as dark as LBR.... I guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post
            Articles I've read describe it closer to crystal red, but not as dark as LBR.... I guess we'll see.
            But were those articles from people who've actually seen it, or just guessing? What I've seen so far, other than the rendering from GM, is just speculation. I don't think anyone outside GM and the paint manufacturer have actually seen it yet.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

But were those articles from people who've actually seen it, or just guessing? What I've seen so far, other than the rendering from GM, is just speculation. I don't think anyone outside GM and the paint manufacturer have actually seen it yet.

1) "I guess we'll see" pretty much implies "we'll know when we see it"
              2) https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...021-corvettes/ - Keith has a good article on it

3) paint chip

have a good weekend.
              Last edited by ABorC; 05-30-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Would the words of the Corvette Color and Trim Manager Brett Golliff, which he shared with me 1-to-1 at the C8 “FirstDrive” event, be an acceptable source? However, to also have full disclosure, he did not tell me any specific words but used to previous Corvette deliciously exciting red colors and said that it was “within that range.” These are two colors I still have a crush on today. He did not use any of the words that auto media have to describe it.

It is not at all like Torch Red.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Well I guess I'll miss it because my 2020 will be Long Beach Red Metallic Tint Coat

Comment

I could hardly ever tell from the internet photos but it looks cool.

Comment

LBR was our first choice for the 2020 but the metallic is too dark for our tastes. A brighter color for 21 looks to be the ticket!
                      Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

My order is for LBR, but agree this rendering looks like a cross between Torch Red and Sebring Orange, hope not. I thought the new color was already being use by GM on other models?

Comment

Until I see the real thing, it is essentially Orange Mist for now. The color guy at GM might have a vision problem, making reds that are orange and yellows that are green. But if Orange Mist is like McLaren's Volcano Orange or Volcano Red or somewhere in between, I will definitely get it, as I think those are some of the best colors available today on any car. The description by Tadge and the fact that he is choosing this color for his personal car makes me hopeful.

Click image for larger version  Name:	15558980005_16bfbf4ba3_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.0 KB ID:	150539

Click image for larger version  Name:	maxresdefault.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.1 KB ID:	150540
                          Last edited by z8ra; 05-31-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C8CampSoup View Post
                            My order is for LBR, but agree this rendering looks like a cross between Torch Red and Sebring Orange, hope not. I thought the new color was already being use by GM on other models?
                            Nope, we haven't seen this paint code used on any other GM cars. POSSIBLY another manufacturer has used it, assigning a different code to the same color. There's an aftermarket paint supplier that lists the GM paint code for this, but the tiny sample they show on their website is much darker than this, or than the rumored "candy apple red." Until we see the actual paint on a C8, we're doing nothing more than guess.

Comment

Is this Red Mist Metallic?

Originally posted by gmauthority
                              The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban introduces an all-new, completely re-engineered and redesigned generation of the extended-length full-size SUV. Besides an all-new platform, a new exterior design, a new interior, plus a significant amount improvements and new features, the 2021 Suburban also adds four new exterior colors to its color palette:Midnight Blue Metallic, Graywood Metallic, Empire Beige Metallic, and Cherry Red Tintcoat. Here’s our first look at the new Cherry Red hue.

Details:

Assigned color code GSK and touch-up paint code WA-252F, Cherry Red Tintcoat is the only non-neutral color option available within the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban’s nine exterior colors options.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/06...an-first-look/
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X