Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

c8 side scoop details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c8 side scoop details

Under the camp "fake" panel...

I found this hi res camo image and saw a bit of the scoop inner lines visible. They seem to converge and change direction about where the CAD image and my latest render depict.

What do you think?

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 new render isopose orange.jpg Views:	2 Size:	967.2 KB ID:	14774
    Last edited by John; 04-06-2019, 11:56 AM.

From the top picture it looks like it eats small children- Nice.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
        From the top picture it looks like it eats small children- Nice.
        not so small ones too ! ; )

La ferrari has the same issue... no problem ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault_e951d68c55759e9822ac27f73fe986f93aa2880b.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	14799

Comment

Seems accurate. Could you try one in body colour?

Comment

Here ya go...

Keep in mind that one of our "eyewitnesses" said the CAD was an "old" version... One swears the scoop is V shaped and others like this....more or less.who knows for sure? : )

Name:	c8 color scoop.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	14873

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
              Here ya go...

Keep in mind that one of our "eyewitnesses" said the CAD was an "old" version... One swears the scoop is V shaped and others like this....more or less.who knows for sure? : )

Name:	c8 color scoop.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	14873
              Thank yoou. Keep it up man

Comment

Name:	c8 scoop copy.jpg
Size:	569.7 KB
ID:	14912 was looking thru camo pics and noticed something I don't see in other images.

Take a look at the scoop opening...

These 2 seems to show the "splitter" I note in the CAD image.

Not sure why we can't see the split in other images. I was looking for more shots from this particular run but only found 4.

What do you think?

Click image for larger version  Name:	chevrolet-corvette-c8-c582818092018184140_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	320.4 KB ID:	14909Click image for larger version  Name:	chevrolet-corvette-c8-c582818092018184140_9.jpg Views:	1 Size:	334.5 KB ID:	14910Click image for larger version  Name:	2880-1800-crop-chevrolet-corvette-c8-c582818092018184140_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	14911
                Last edited by fvs; 11-06-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Great find fvs! I remember your calling our attention to the Ferrari 488 GTB and Pista aero videos and your surmising that just like them, the Corvette ME probably has an internal splitter within each side scoop — for the purpose of splitting the air flow for such optional purposes as intercooler air intake cooling, engine air intake, and probable “air bleed” aero functions such as drag reduction.

Here a phenonmental video on mid engine aero as seen specifically on the Ferrari 488 GTB, but so many of the aero treatments shown on the video can have direct applicability to other ME’s, with a decent chance that we will see some of them on the Corvette ME — starting with having a splitter in the main side scoop’s entrance. If you do not wish to watch the whole, and recommended, video, please watch from 1:22 to 1:42. Thank you.

Again superb sleuthing fvs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	103507AB-3586-451C-BB06-015D4037A9BB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	171.2 KB ID:	14917
                  Last edited by John; 11-06-2018, 11:53 PM.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I love that video ! Can’t wait to see the videos like that starring the new Corvette C8 !

Comment

I wonder if the internal splitter is a Z51 package feature, for better brake or transaxle cooling under track conditions? If so, that might be why we only see it in some of the images.
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                        I wonder if the internal splitter is a Z51 package feature, for better brake or transaxle cooling under track conditions? If so, that might be why we only see it in some of the images.
                        Could be. I have to look again but I think this was on the vert

Comment

When you have air entering one duct to serve multiple functions, my thought is that you do not want differential amounts of air dependent on conditions, that one would instead want a splitter in a specific and constant place.

Did we miss it earlier? Or has meyerweb come up with a credible theory, e.g., Z-51 or not? If it later appears on some revealed cars, but not on others, that will be one of the first questions asked if it was not initially addressed in Tadge’s presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post

Could be. I have to look again but I think this was on the vert
                            You can get the [current] Z51 package on the 'vert.
                            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X