MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

FVS’ Exciting C8 New Render

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FVS’ Exciting C8 New Render

    So a C7 and a Ferrari 488 had a baby.... Really nice stance to this latest version. Thank you so very much FVS!

    [Quote=FVS]The black scoop cover could be different but I think something needs to be there in some way. So this solution has the general shape of the camo car "fake" panel (extended a bit) and the C8R V scoop shape. I also think the rear spoiler is starting to look more reasonable like this...not active aero cool but not bad.

    Starting take shape. And just think that the real car will be 10 times better[/Quote]

    Click image for larger version  Name:	4471DE5B-58C1-4B02-998B-BB32D5A92DF5.png Views:	1 Size:	969.2 KB ID:	14566
    Last edited by John; 11-03-2018, 11:54 PM.
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

  • #2
    Thank you FVS. It does have a really nice stance. I remember, all the way back to C7pimp posting back about four months ago, his stating that the stance of the C8 was really nice.

    Well done.
    Looking forward to our ME arriving.

    Comment


    • #3
      sorry guys...the door is too "creasy' for the lack of a better word, for me..maybe at least remove the top crease pm the door....or have t he top crease be an extension of the rear top crease on rear quarterpanel...too busy t he way it is...

      Comment


      • #4
        Just was asked to “make it blue,” so...

        Click image for larger version

Name:	CE5BA0EB-5A18-45A8-9A5F-1A59D84779FE.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	14574
        So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks good to me. Thanks for the great work FVS!

          Comment


          • #6
            Great work FVS!!

            Comment


            • #7
              With all the “renders” and information, spy shots, cad images in the past couple years, FVS has managed to almost 100% Nail the production cars features and appearance. I think GM is either very impressed with this or getting frustrated and changing things up on the car so when debut day comes it won’t be what we thought. Otherwise FVS amazing work as always.

              Comment


              • #8
                One wonders if our getting closer and closer will in any way effect GM’s decision on when to reveal the car.
                So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

                Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by John View Post
                  Just was asked to “make it blue,” so...

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	CE5BA0EB-5A18-45A8-9A5F-1A59D84779FE.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	14574
                  Who asked you this before me ? LoL
                  Thanks again the time and effort you put into making these for everyone to see !
                  A thought if I might ...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                    sorry guys...the door is too "creasy' for the lack of a better word, for me..maybe at least remove the top crease pm the door....or have t he top crease be an extension of the rear top crease on rear quarterpanel...too busy t he way it is...
                    Agree completely. I like FVS' earlier renders better. We'll find out the truth eventually.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

                    Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >31,000+ miles

                    Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John View Post
                      One wonders if our getting closer and closer will in any way effect GM’s decision on when to reveal the car.
                      I sure hope so. Fingers crossed and legs and what not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        [QUOTE=John;n14565]So a C7 and a Ferrari 488 had a baby.... Really nice stance to this latest version. Thank you so very much FVS!

                        Originally posted by FVS
                        The black scoop cover could be different but I think something needs to be there in some way. So this solution has the general shape of the camo car "fake" panel (extended a bit) and the C8R V scoop shape. I also think the rear spoiler is starting to look more reasonable like this...not active aero cool but not bad.

                        Starting take shape. And just think that the real car will be 10 times better[/Quote]

                        Click image for larger version Name:	4471DE5B-58C1-4B02-998B-BB32D5A92DF5.png Views:	1 Size:	969.2 KB ID:	14566
                        First, the render is beautiful. Second, I have a question if anyone has first-hand experience that applies. The background is this: We have seen the shape and form of the camo-cars that are being tested in the USA and in Germany and have some ideas about what features are being tested. The question is this: Could the actual C8 mid-engine car have a very different shape and form than the camo-cars? How different could the actual C8 mid-engine car be from the camo-cars without invalidating the testing that we have seen?

                        Are we in for a small surprise or a really giant surprise? Will the C8 be basically like the camo-cars with different details? Or will it be in some way basically different with different details? Does the testing that we have seen answer the question. Does anybody out there have first-hand experience in this area of car testing and, if so, what do you think?
                        Last edited by SheepDog; 11-04-2018, 11:40 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          To quote FVS, “And just think the real car will be 10 times better!”

                          While I am a new member here, been lurking and following FVS’ excellent workmanship for a long time. He is super skilled, and yet his statement confirms that what we will see when the C8 is revealed, is far better. Why so, because there is still a lot of camo underneath the camo vinyl. While we think the camo vinyl is literally just a single layer wrap like we might wrap our car in SunTek Ultra or XPEL, there is still some padding under it in different parts of the car. I think there is a good amount of disguising in the rear quarters, the rear end, and the front of the car. Could be some on the hood too. I think the revealed car will be a lot better looking, a lot more exotic than even FVS’ great renderings. Just my opinion.

                          Thanks for having me here. I hope I can contribute. I know I will learn a lot.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MidEngine View Post
                            To quote FVS, “And just think the real car will be 10 times better!”

                            While I am a new member here, been lurking and following FVS’ excellent workmanship for a long time. He is super skilled, and yet his statement confirms that what we will see when the C8 is revealed, is far better. Why so, because there is still a lot of camo underneath the camo vinyl. While we think the camo vinyl is literally just a single layer wrap like we might wrap our car in SunTek Ultra or XPEL, there is still some padding under it in different parts of the car. I think there is a good amount of disguising in the rear quarters, the rear end, and the front of the car. Could be some on the hood too. I think the revealed car will be a lot better looking, a lot more exotic than even FVS’ great renderings. Just my opinion.

                            Thanks for having me here. I hope I can contribute. I know I will learn a lot.
                            Welcome and thanks for your intellectual thoughts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks FVS, you're very talented. I suspect you're getting very close, and I agree that the real car will almost certainly look even more striking and beautiful. As MidEngine said above, even relatively thin layers of padding in strategic areas under the camo can dramatically change the look without compromising what they're trying to accomplish in street and track testing.

                              Yes, the aero will be slightly different on the actual car, but all that has already been mostly worked out in wind-tunnel testing and computational fluid dynamics analyses. The street testing stuff is more about component reliability, drivetrain cooling, etc. Aircraft manufacturers essentially know how a new aircraft design is going to perform before they ever actually attempt the first test flight.
                              Last edited by Foosh; 11-04-2018, 02:12 PM.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X