MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

OEM base wheels and torch red z51 photo...rarely see oem stnadard wheels so here goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM base wheels and torch red z51 photo...rarely see oem stnadard wheels so here goes

Click image for larger version  Name:	9CF71607-5200-4B70-A394-FFFF4919C672.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.6 KB ID:	112331
    This is what I ordered and this is the first photo of torch red with OEM standard rims.

I'm real happy with my choice.the car is exactly what I was hoping for...(I didnt body color the side scoop though it looks real good) i got the black side spear that comes standard)

excuse my enthusiasm.
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Good for you JB. All that ever counts is that it is “yours as you want it to be.” Well done!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Congrats JB, the car looks great!

I started off wanting the body-color "boomerang" trim but after a couple of months of looking at photos here, I think the standard carbon flash works well with the design and that's what I ordered too.

Did you get the red calipers as in the pic or stick with the standard ones? Looks like you ultimately decided against the E60 front lift? Just slow down for those speed bumps you've talked about!

Comment

Love the body color trim and silver wheels... I'm not usually a look-at-me car color guy but **** that red is hot, maybe I should switch from Blade Silver.

Silver HTC Z51, silver wheels, body color trim...

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 HTC silver:silver side.png
Views:	520
Size:	720.1 KB
ID:	112605
        C8 Coupe, Blade Silver over Black, 1LT Z51 FE4 3F9 J6F

Comment

The home team color for the street Corvette is________________ ? Red is it for me. The blue ones are wow and white incredible, etc. But Corvettes are Red.

Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic???? Yum.

Racing Corvettes tend to yellow. History there. What's up with Yellow. OK. Lovable.

All roses are great looking. But Roses are red.

Oranges are orange. Modern ones are. Mclarens are too.

Ferraris are Red.

Corvette or Ferrari was red first? Red is a language family that a car speaks in. Learns it from listening as a child. Who listened to whom. Both Corvette and Ferrari listened to the same adults? The Alpha's?

This Corvette is so Red that it ditched the Black Shinny Trim. Now that's Red.
          Last edited by SheepDog; 02-13-2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

that picture is exactly what I ordered also did accents body color...thanks for the pic....vin #569 being today or tomorrow...

Comment

That's what I plan mine to look like, except an HTC. (and black accents) I didn't really like the base silver wheels until I saw them in person. Now I think they look good. Lot's of nice detailing.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Just placed my order, so it will be August or September before I see it, IF the allocations don't get cut. I'm 115 of my dealer's 125.

Red is the color and I like the black accents, z51 with mag suspension, front lift, LT2 trim, red calipers, two tone (gray and black) GT2 seats with red seat belts, carbon flash wheels (will probably have them painted black, couldn't stomach the $3K for GM black wheels).
                LT2, Torch Red, Z51, Mag Ride, Carbon Flash Wheels/Mirrors/Spoiler, Red Calipers, Two Tone Grey/Black Seats, Red Seatbelts, Museum Delivery

Comment

Sounds great Kymummer, and welcome to the forum!

Since this is turning into a Torch Red Build thread, might as well post mine too. Will have a 2LT Natural interior. Yeah, it's kind of an old-school Ferrari combo, but I wanted to try it. Oh yes, and chrome badges because I want a shiny Stingray on the rear deck.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-TorchRed-03c-Medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	441.5 KB ID:	112653
                  You can probably spot the Photoshopped bits.

Comment

Lots of great corvettes from this forum members in variations of details and colors.

btw I didnt choose optional painted calibers.

yours looks awesome.

Comment

Looking good. My C7 Torch red has silver wheels on the summer only tires. This is the first car I will buy with black wheels. Hope I like them
                      2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

I loved my 500 hp c5 z06 with black rims and polished lip..i cant tell you how many compliments I got on that torch red corvette with those rims ..(cam and headers didnt hurt either that wheel combo is really cool

Name:	86BCE39F-5305-4ABF-9A2A-2F4371934D2E.jpeg
Views:	444
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	112771
                        Originally posted by 68roadster View Post
                        Looking good. My C7 Torch red has silver wheels on the summer only tires. This is the first car I will buy with black wheels. Hope I like them
                        The black wheels are awesome...I didnt want to drop the $1000 as I will need two sets once these tires wear out if we ever get any snow..lol

as guys change their wheels like some change their underwear...a second barely used set of wheels will pop up eventually for 4 or 5 bills locally..

this winter and even the past two winters have been so light on snow I dont know if Ill even bother...

usually we get around 100 inches of snow a year...(kiss of death) so far this winter which ends in 2 months we have had only a few inches of snow...

the black wheels are lookers for sure...you ll love them....its the freaken poster GM put out at launch! You cant go wrong with that!

torch red c8 with the black wheels is awesome...the polished lip gives it great ability to be photographed too...

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                          Sounds great Kymummer, and welcome to the forum!

Since this is turning into a Torch Red Build thread, might as well post mine too. Will have a 2LT Natural interior. Yeah, it's kind of an old-school Ferrari combo, but I wanted to try it. Oh yes, and chrome badges because I want a shiny Stingray on the rear deck.

Click image for larger version Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-TorchRed-03c-Medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	441.5 KB ID:	112653
                          You can probably spot the Photoshopped bits.

Name:	C842EF1B-41A5-4D45-9106-8E9D1A968A61.jpeg
Views:	422
Size:	448.6 KB
ID:	112781

Comment

Bingo! That's the odd-ball one. I really hope that bit of trim is easily removable so I can get it painted body color. The usual front of the car has a *lot* of black and I'd like to brighten it up. If the whole front fascia has to come off, I'll probably skip the idea.

(other pieces I Photoshopped are the wheels, mirrors, and spoiler)

Comment

I noticed that too...i had heard at carlise from members of the crowd that ....the front body color piece is an option..

some of us were just shooting the breeze on various options...

body colored sode mirrors, rear vents, front vents or that piece you singled out..

there was someone at carlisle that was insistent thats what he wanted ...that black piece painted red as shown in your photo...

i bet it comes out and can painted seperately if you like...

i think it wiggles up and down on the prototypes...i think it must detach

i never bother with painting that stiff because it gets hit with peebles etc over the miles..body color is better or wrap the details later on i guess?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X