MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Body Colored C8 HTC Top/Nacelles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68roadster
    replied
    I like the black accents on bright colored cars. Here is my lady in a Huracan at Red Rock loop near Vegas. Black wheels, Nacelle tops, engine vents and few others. Of course the Lambos are bold, just like I like my Corvettes and women. If you think about it, it is cool there will be more diversity of the cars direct from the factory than previous generations.Click image for larger version  Name:	DenaHuracanRR.JPG Views:	0 Size:	724.9 KB ID:	113074
    Last edited by 68roadster; 02-14-2020, 07:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    If you have the opportunity to look closely at the "blade" on the side of the car before you order, look carefully at the fit. on the pre-production cars at Carlisle and NCM, the gap where the trim piece meets the main body wasn't even, in two ways. The thickness of the gap varied from top to bottom, and the height of the trim piece relative to height of body wasn't consistent from top to bottom. I'm not sure "height" really conveys what I"m trying to describe. Imagine putting the car on it's side, and laying a ruler across the gap between the trim piece and the door. You'd expect the two pieces to be even, with neither higher than the other. On the cars I saw, that wasn't the case all the way around. The relative "height" of the trim piece varied from one end of the blade to the other. And it was much more obvious on the car with body colored trim than on the ones with black trim.

I don't know if this was just a pre-production issue, or if it's the way it will be.

Other than that, I really like the contrast between the black and body color on most colors.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Originally posted by pfbz View Post
    Body color trim, body color nacelles, silver wheels, black lower skirts. Sexy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 HTC silver:silver side.png
Views:	294
Size:	720.1 KB
ID:	112612
    Really nice...IMO the body color trim is a must on all colors. Your choice will be beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Originally posted by steve8 View Post

Great look!
    I detest black wheels but still trying to decide on the black vs body colored scoop.
    Nothing wrong with black wheels on others’ cars. Nice that we each get to choose.

Leave a comment:

• bobbytinvab
    replied
    Originally posted by steve8 View Post

Great look!
    I detest black wheels but still trying to decide on the black vs body colored scoop.
    I hear you Steve8, black wheels are just a no go for me ... so much so my friends always kid me about it. I like the black front and rear accents, but not the side scoop front blade as much. I'm tempted to get the "standard" black accent package and have the scoop blade painted to match the car later.

Leave a comment:

• steve8
    replied
    Originally posted by pfbz View Post

Great look!

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied

Name:	9fec2242_42d0_4778_986b_762829c7b5a1_ea75c42f4cd73dc543b65c46f37412bbf0a5923e.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	112623

Leave a comment:

• pfbz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• VicH
    replied
    I'm on the other side, I guess. I love the carbon flash on the nacelles. So much I'm going to emulate that on my coupe with black Xpel PPF.

Leave a comment:

• Jetdriver
    replied
    For those who are looking to see more body colored HTC roof and nacelle top pictures....

The Shadown Gray Metallic visualizations are thanks to Edwardz. The Sebring Orange pics are thanks to Corvette_Nut.

This thread is dedicated to MECF member “Buzz,” a friend and staunch lover of the monochromatic look.

The SGM would look terrific with Carbon flash painted wheels!

Leave a comment:

• sprintcarfan
    replied

Name:	screenshot_2020_01_25_09_16_02_aa074848fc4f4824a66e142d516c7a9f4bd054b9.png
Views:	337
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	112307

Name:	83363983_781981062212031_4901714775338136621_n_1_8adcb4322f78d320a74ad287038d31db1e0c3613.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	112309

Name:	84099930_570945523832343_9102627982466110181_n_1_c6a3388556943748d6e066f9f02434eb15ba7db4.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	112311

Name:	screenshot_2019_12_15_14_54_26_ee4a27b6e0d960b842eb29d77a250a83daac8e50_LI (2).jpg
Views:	325
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	112313

Like the look of the HTC with body color top/nacelles. Looks exotic and at the same time it turns down some of the visual excess of the car.

All pictures credit to the great and mysterious Corvette Nut.

Still deciding between C8 and 992.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• First Vette
    replied
    It's nice seeing these pics for those of us that will be waiting. I just went through each color combination on the build site (again). Some colors, I like the body color nacelles and roof on the HTC. However, I really like the carbon flash nacelles and roof with my color choice - Blade Silver. I think someone mentioned on another thread that the lighter colors seemed to work better with the carbon flash. The great thing - we have A LOT of choices!

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    I am not getting a HTC (though I admire it greatly). I like the one entire color look of it. I also like the black roof and nacelles when the top is up (looks like a gorgeous McLaren HTC to me), and feel that way regardless of what color the rest of the body is.

However the top is down, the black top on only the nacelles if not a black or dark colored car, is not my personal favorite look.

Leave a comment:

• Vairworks
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    For those who are looking to see more body colored HTC roof and nacelle top pictures....

The Shadown Gray Metallic visualizations are thanks to Edwardz. The Sebring Orange pics are thanks to Corvette_Nut.

This thread is dedicated to MECF member “Buzz,” a friend and staunch lover of the monochromatic look.
    Thank you for starting this thread. I am also a fan of the monochromatic looks on the beautiful sculptured lines of the C8. We chose the body colored exterior accents, roof, and nacelles. There is a visual flow from front to rear without your eyes pausing to recognize the dark colored side vent or roof nacelles - it looks like it is in motion just sitting still.

Name:	A C8 HTC 2020-01-07 1.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	112300

Name:	A C8 HTC 2020-01-07 2.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	112301

Leave a comment:

• First Vette
    replied
    I love the clean look of the non-Z51 car - especially with the SGM color. I so wish MRC wasn't tied to Z51. Certainly, that subject has been covered... The body colored nacelles and top are cool too!

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X