Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

FVS C8 Render Base and Z06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FVS C8 Render Base and Z06

Here are a few views and colors.

I used a potential grill with GM styling as well as one version with a ZR1 style hood vent and blacktop upper. Some of the Ring images show a centered "squarish" depression... Just a do-me-til...

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 new iso yellow.jpg Views:	1 Size:	622.6 KB ID:	10749
    Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 new iso blacktop.jpg Views:	1 Size:	596.0 KB ID:	10750
    Last edited by fvs; 09-25-2018, 10:24 PM.

Once again, your renderings are on point, I look forward to each time I see a new post from you, keep it up!

Comment

Wicked and Cool! C8 Rules!
      Nicely Done!

Not sure, but maybe some front and rear fender flares, similar to the C7?
      Current Car - 550 HP 370Z Twin Turbo
      Current Motorcycle - 2018 Tuono 1100 Factory
      Future Car - ME Corvette!

Comment

GREAT renderings fvs! Thank you very much.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Exciting new renderings for us. We appreciate all your outstanding work.
          Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

Thank you, FVS!

Loosely related question... For the past 4 generations, the A pillar has been black. Not body color. What do you predict for the C8?

Comment

Great looking renderings FVS !!!

Comment

Love your work FVS ....and a big thanks.
                2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

I wont even say anything about the quality of the render, because with you beautiful renderings are a given... I would just like to point out that I think the hood line will be more pronounced. You see it in the following picture:

Comment

Originally posted by RedDropTop View Post
                    For the past 4 generations, the A pillar has been black. Not body color. What do you predict for the C8?
                    Bye bye black. IMO the A pillar will be body colored. This car is going to project competition with $250K exotics, and again just my thoughts, that you de-emphasize different parts of the car looking different, and thus have the car “start” (entry version, no options) be a gorgeous, homogenous, flowing work of art. Then provide, costly options for those who want carbon fiber options as “visual foci.”

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by VH1 View Post
                      Wicked and Cool! C8 Rules!
                      Nicely Done!

Not sure, but maybe some front and rear fender flares, similar to the C7?
                      Little brother - are you getting one to replace the Mach 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Daviboss10 View Post
                        I wont even say anything about the quality of the render, because with you beautiful renderings are a given... I would just like to point out that I think the hood line will be more pronounced. You see it in the following picture:
                        I agree. But there is something stretched over the middle portion hiding the true shapes. There is...I think... a pronounced shape as you point out and as I rendered in the front views. But in other views and angles, you just don't see it as much due to lighting and shadows.

I feel the actual hood and fenders will be "similar" to the C7 ZR1...without the center hump...but the shapes will be more angular and sharp rather than flowing/rounded forms.

The fenders at the headlights will angle sharply down to the hood and have similar ridges as the ZR1 center as we can see in the paint shop images.

It's not 100% but fairly close representation. I still think it will be much more refined and unified.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 front nose yellow.jpg Views:	2 Size:	4.27 MB ID:	10777
                        Last edited by fvs; 09-26-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Love the yellow on your new rendering, reminds me of the 1980 I had. Also appears to be much bolder than this front view.

Comment

Full disclosure, I doctored that picture and made it my screen print. I would rely on fvs’ front view picture. What we do not yet know, and GM will not tell us until the reveal, is whether they are changing the current Corvette Racing Yellow to a different yellow for the 2020 MY.

Comment

FVS has become the most potent work reducing agent known to mankind in my office (and probably thousands of others). Either that or I'm just a bit obsessed with the ME. LOL.

Nicely done, FVS.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X