MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Montreal Auto Show feedback (Warning: I give my own opinion in this tread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal Auto Show feedback (Warning: I give my own opinion in this tread)

Hi all,

There some pictures and a video of the Montreal auto show (next). I was very happy to find an Artic white coupe 3LT (My first color choice...) and a Sebring Orange Tintcoat coupe Z51 3LT.

My impressions about the look and fonctionnality are :
    • The C8 is just a great design and there is no other car like the Corvette at this cost this year... Other Manufacturer will have to work hard like hell to release something like the C8 at this cost next year
    • The engine is well presented and it's way better than what I thought. I will add the Engine enancement option if the price is reasonable... (In Can$)
    • Mirrors are big... very big. I choosed the body colored mirrors but I changed my mind because of the size of them. I will put them in carbon flash.
    • The engine vents beside the rear window are very exposed and I will have to be blocked during the car wash (hand wash for sure...) If not, an engine wash will be required... (Even more if you are a car cleaning freak like me...!!!
    • The orange color is not as nice as I thought. Probably because of the lights inside the room. Outside can be very different..
    • The wheels.... as I thought was very disapointing. The C8 is very, very nice. The wheels are just ''ok''. No other option for me at Chevrolet... I will have to look for aftermarket options when available
    • Interior finish and quality look very nice and also way above competitors. The storage is enough for my BBQ but I will have to keep the top on the car... too bad, I will reduce my BBQ size...
    • After I seen the Z51 rear spoiler, I will probably change my mind about the High wing spoiler. I think that the High wing wll be too high to easily and secuely put the roof in the trunk. I'm 5'6'' and the rear of the car added to the high wing fixed on the C8 body will be too high for me.

In conclusion, the C8 is a fantastic looking car considering the cost. There is no other car option this year in this category. There is some details like wheels and front Z51 lip that I dont like but it's my opinion... My C7 was a great car and the C8 is a different looking great car.

https://youtu.be/Xje-VdWMTB4
    Last edited by Fetalos; 01-18-2020, 12:43 PM.

Originally posted by Fetalos
    Sorry, I can't put the video due to folder size limit... grrrrrrrrr
    Can't you upload the video to youtube, and post the link?
    2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Thanks for your impressions. Maybe just some still pics from the video if you've got some clear ones?

Comment

You need to have a Google account and be logged in. Then in youtube just hit the little movie camera icon in the top right.
        2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
        2LT, Z51 + MRC
        Spectra Grey Tridents
        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

So then what will you do when it rains?

Comment

Thanks Fetalos for your analysis and opinions. They are very welcomed. It is great that finally GM is paying more C8 attention to our Canadian friends. Here’s an article on the C8 at the Montreal Show.

Originally posted by gmauthority
            2020 Chevrolet Corvette Makes Canadian Debut At Montreal Auto Show

The mid-engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 just made its grand entrance to the Canadian market at the 2020 Montreal International Auto Show.

The new Vette was initially unveiled over the summer at an exclusive media event in Tustin, California. Now, however, Canadian audiences will have a chance to get up close and personal with it in Montreal.

The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette represents the first model year for the all-new eighth generation of the nameplate. The big news here is the move to a mid-engine platform, with the new naturally aspirated 6.2L LT2 V8 engine now mounted behind the cabin. The Chevrolet Corvette C8 is the first production-bound mid-engine Corvette ever produced.

The LT2 sings to the tune of 495 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque when equipped with the optional performance exhaust system. All the go is sent to the rear wheels through the new M1L dual-clutch eight-speed automatic transmission.

When equipped with the Z51 Performance Package, the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette will sprint to 60 mph in less than three seconds, making it the quickest entry-level Corvette ever made. Keeping it all shiny side up is Magnetic Selective Ride Control 4.0, which is included with the optional Z51 Performance Package. The package also tosses in things like bigger brakes, better cooling, and more.
            https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/01...eal-auto-show/

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It is interesting that this is our second post of ours in the last 24 hours where someone saw Sebring Orange and decided no thank you after that.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Dave View Post
                So then what will you do when it rains?
                Very good question. I never ride in rain but that can happend... I really don t like the vents... It s nice but not fonctionnal in the rain

Comment

Hello all and thanks for your help.

There is my little work this morning about the Montreal auto show and our fabulous C8

Comment

Well done. You have mastered another skill. We thank you for your video. I subscribed to your growing YouTube channel (subscriber # 1).
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Great video! Thanks for putting that together.

The Sebring Orange looks good to me in your vid, especially the opening shot when it's rotating. I think the bright overhead spotlights help make it pop. That shot of the two-tone blue interior shows the darker blue very nicely. Many photos I've seen make it look almost black.

Interesting comment about the mirrors looking big. Like you did initially, I spec'ed body color ones. Have to check 'em out and see if I should change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                        Great video! Thanks for putting that together.

The Sebring Orange looks good to me in your vid, especially the opening shot when it's rotating. I think the bright overhead spotlights help make it pop. That shot of the two-tone blue interior shows the darker blue very nicely. Many photos I've seen make it look almost black.

Interesting comment about the mirrors looking big. Like you did initially, I spec'ed body color ones. Have to check 'em out and see if I should change that.
                        Thanks for your feedback. For the color, I forgot to say that I m a little bit blind color... ahahah. That s surely affect my credibility on that...

have a nice week end

Comment

great job on ur video...loved it....Torch Red /blk/z51/2lt

Comment

Originally posted by Fetalos View Post

Very good question. I never ride in rain but that can happend... I really don t like the vents... It s nice but not fonctionnal in the rain
                            Some water won't hurt the engine. Make it a little dirtier, maybe, but the design can handle water. Drive an FE car on the highway in heavy rain and you'll get a lot of water in through the radiator, too.

As far a functional, the vents aren't there for style, they are there to allow heat to escape from the engine compartment when the car isn't moving, or is moving slowly. They are VERY functional.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Some water won't hurt the engine. Make it a little dirtier, maybe, but the design can handle water. Drive an FE car on the highway in heavy rain and you'll get a lot of water in through the radiator, too.

As far a functional, the vents aren't there for style, they are there to allow heat to escape from the engine compartment when the car isn't moving, or is moving slowly. They are VERY functional.
                              What he said. And there are plenty of exotics with the same type of venting system that don't have any issues with rain water. Not sure where this ideology came from that water in the engine bay is bad but there's just no truth to it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X