MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Upon Further Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upon Further Review

Really liking this look vs the Z51. Not as cluttered imho. For some reason, the Z51 spoiler seems to detract from the lines of the car when applied to SGM. And ...... The stripes cause the Spermatozoa on the engine hatch cover to fade into the background ! Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (5).jpg
Views:	420
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	102352
    2021 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Edge Red Calipers/Engine Cover Spectra Gray Wheels Carbon Flash Stripes Current drive: '17 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Nice example ! The stripes blend in to the vents nicely. Sad to say mine will have the Z51 wing.

C8er

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post
      Nice example ! The stripes blend in to the vents nicely. Sad to say mine will have the Z51 wing.

Yeah, it would be nice if there were a spoiler delete. I'd be all over that for the bigger brakes and non visible handling attributes. And my track days are over .... lol
      2021 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Edge Red Calipers/Engine Cover Spectra Gray Wheels Carbon Flash Stripes Current drive: '17 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

I forgot, failed to remember, to say that the engine bay is looking magnificent in edge red. Back to the spoiler ... Active aero like the Audi R8s would be a pricey option for the C 8. I would be happy with a manually operated rear spoiler that could be popped out for spirited sessions.

...........Would be the best of BOTH worlds..........
        C8er

Comment

Agree with the OP. I liked the spoiler in photos before I saw the cars in person. Don't care for it much in the "flesh" (plastic?). But to each his, or her, own. I don't think I'll be ordering a Z51, and think for my use the base model will be just fine. But if for some reason I decide I really want Z51, I'll put up with the spoiler.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I don't care for the spoiler either, looks like an after thought, but at least it's painted the same color as the body. Be neat to get the stripes ghost painted in the body color.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
              I don't care for the spoiler either, looks like an after thought, but at least it's painted the same color as the body. Be neat to get the stripes ghost painted in the body color.
              That is the logic behind the CF stripes on SGM body color. They're there but .............

Comment

Another view from above .......... Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	102461

Comment

Above from the front. Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (1).jpg
Views:	237
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	102464

Comment

I'm hoping that in real life the visual effect is as it is using the visualizer. The further out from the car one is, the more the srtiping blends into the background of the car as a whole. Is it 06 of 2021 yet ?

Comment

The Build and Price tool on Chevrolet.com shows much higher quality images than the visualizer. Although not from all the same angles.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
                        Really liking this look vs the Z51. Not as cluttered imho. For some reason, the Z51 spoiler seems to detract from the lines of the car when applied to SGM. And ...... The stripes cause the Spermatozoa on the engine hatch cover to fade into the background ! Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (5).jpg Views:	164 Size:	130.5 KB ID:	102352
                        Love the combo DARK gray + red + stripes.
                        If the SGM was actually this gray, I would be completely sold!

Unfortunately, the SGM is much more blueish (greenish) than anything else.
                        The Build and Price tool gives a better idea on the real color compared to the visualize. However, under sun light, the real car has much more blue than any of these tools show! ;-(
                        Very misleading IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post

Yeah, it would be nice if there were a spoiler delete. I'd be all over that for the bigger brakes and non visible handling attributes. And my track days are over .... lol
                          I guess there isn't one because it would imbalance the car aerodynamics.

Comment

All good to know. In fact, even better. I really liked the gray on my C6 with the blue tint in the flake.

Comment

My issue with the build and price configurator is it downloads the images as a file rather than .jpg. Also, still not showing the accessory engine covers. Meh .........

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X