Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

ME “In The Wild” Pictures & Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John
    replied
    GM will not share information which because they do not yet know, they are not ready to reveal. In order to understand why, here are some historical GM Corvette facts regarding previous Corvette reveals and also the upcoming C8 reveal.

1) GM did not even acknowledge that they were/are working on the C8 prior to Mark Reuss’ verbal comment seven months ago in May when he said, “We are proud of the upcoming C8.” Not a single other official GM comment has ever been made that they are working on the C8, much less giving us a timetable, much less whether the C8 is a mid engine, front engine or both.

2) GM worked on the development of the C7 for a long time. The C7 was only officially announced as being future revealed on Oct. 19, 2012, for a reveal that occurred on 1.13.13.

3) GM did not reveal the date of the coupe version of the 2019 ZR1’s coupe version until about two weeks before it was revealed. As to why they do this, the answer is simple, that they do not want to make a promise they could not deliver. As we all know, GM is now in the C8’s testing and development phase; what they can discover during the entire process is not now known even to GM’s evaluation team, and will not be until they have completed the entire C8 Pre Product Verification (PPV) phase.

4) Two recent examples come to mind as to why GM has a PPV process and as to why they do not share reveal dates until they are certain they are ready.

A) The ZR1 was supposed to be the 2018, 65th Anniverary Special Edition Corvette. But during its testing and development phase a severe problem was identified, so much so that they kept on analyzing, testing and developing the model to the point that they were then totally satisfied it was ready for release. As we know, when it was officially revealed in November, it was at least seven months after the typical January through April Corvette reveal period, becoming a 2019 Corvette.

B) The ME’s PPV phase was started months ago, and for a while it was perfectly on track, until as we just read a couple of weeks ago, it is now believed the electrical system was determined to not meet specifications under certain specific conditions. So GM said, in effect, “time out” while we fully investigate and fix this issue.

Would we prefer GM start customer ME production next month or even next April with GM knowing that under certain conditions that the ME will electrically fail, fail to start, etc?

Lastly, regarding Porsche’s problem right now, all Porsche GT3’s are in a “mandatory port hold,” so that customers’ who long ago customer ordered their vehicle, and who were already promised their own car’s delivery date (such as now or next month), are now in a hold “at least until April.” That applies to all Porsche GT3’s entering the United States (base price of $144K). Porsche will not even tell their customers what is the cause of the hold.

I wish all well whatever path, whatever vehicle, they choose to pursue.

I am choosing to wait until GM finishes the testing and development process, completes the PPV evaluation process, certifies that the ME is approved for customer production.

Leave a comment:

• xXColorShiftXx
    replied
    What a couple years it had been, this has been the longest drug out reveal that I have ever waited for, and can’t wait much longer!!

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    The wonderful public road testing video that “makav” found for us:

Last edited by John; 12-24-2018, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    The C8.R Sebring testing video:

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    The “compilation thread” of videos of the C8 testing at the Nurburgring in September:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ptember-videos

Last edited by John; 12-24-2018, 11:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Corvette_Nut
    replied
    Interesting....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-25 00.17.54.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	16819

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    You are correct, that the HT has a very small window behind the “B” pillar; it is covered up in the above picture.

Below is the HT convertible with its typical non-collapsed center piece between the buttresses cover being pulled tight (which is what I am seeing is missing below the red arrow). At least what my eyes are telling me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	28D82FA4-9F91-4699-B533-F3DB3966F55D.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	12312

Leave a comment:

• RedDropTop
    replied
    John, thank you for the picture with the big red arrow But I still fail to see the covering collapsed between the buttresses. I mean, it could be debatable. That could just be extra tarp laying on the cover. I do not necessarily see it depressing the covering between the buttresses.

Yes I believe the convertible has a small vertical window behind the headrests and open air behind that between the buttresses, but I don't see that in this pic.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    We know this is not a coupe even from this distance as there is no open hatch cover.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C181D727-5913-47E7-9181-26E4D3E9A07D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	12289

Leave a comment:

• RedDropTop
    replied
    Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
    That's actually the first picture we have seen of a convertible with the covering collapsed between the buttresses.
    Which picture? I don't see that. Maybe I'm slow. Could you please put a big red arrow on a picture?

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Really good observation Bikerjulio. I had noticed that until you had pointed that out. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerjulio
    replied
    That's actually the first picture we have seen of a convertible with the covering collapsed between the buttresses.

I just want a pic of the roof working.

Leave a comment:

• VH1
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    One of the questions we asked during the same time during the C6 and the C7 mule testing processes, is how come since they have now shown the car without the thick camo, is why are they still keeping it on in other locations and times?

The only answers I ever saw before, again during the C6/C7 testing time period, were that the “camo installing and removing department” is many miles away, and second, that they do not need to remove it for certain kinds of testing?

Any other theories or answers please?
    Maybe the headlights and air inlets are production units and they don't want to redo the camo to disguise the parts that have been converted over during the last build cycle at Bowling Green?

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    One of the questions we asked during the same time during the C6 and the C7 mule testing processes, is how come since they have now shown the car without the thick camo, is why are they still keeping it on in other locations and times?

The only answers I ever saw before, again during the C6/C7 testing time period, were that the “camo installing and removing department” is many miles away, and second, that they do not need to remove it for certain kinds of testing?

Any other theories or answers please?

Leave a comment:

• Bluevette
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Today’s C8 spotting in Frisco, CO, thanks to Charlie Ellison of the “Colorado Car Spotters.” Nothing new to see other than we see they are out putting more testing miles on the ME.

Click image for larger version  Name:	70E60456-72C5-4AE5-9E75-1B4C43CB430A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	167.4 KB ID:	11805
    Looks like the camo might be a tad lighter showing some more details/lines on the hood and back end, but I could also just be seeing things or it could be the angle.
    Last edited by Bluevette; 10-05-2018, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X