Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

ME “In The Wild” Pictures & Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    July 22 in Leadville, CO thanks and credit to “Coloradocarsdogsanddrones” for this video.
    Very cool indeed... I actually chuckled when the ZR1 pulled the "defensive move" (at ~2:43) to seemingly keep the videographer at bay!

That said, I'm kinda surprised that ZR1 let our videographer get around (and ultimately alongside the testers) at the ~:57 mark... so maybe the Z was just simply changing lanes.
    Last edited by FrankLP; 07-23-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Ok - I've decided the next time I run into my high school guidance counselor, I'm going to bring up the fact he never, ever, mentioned a chap could make a living driving prototype supercars.

Seems in retrospect to be something of an unfortunate omission on his part. LOL.

Comment

• Mobius
        Mobius commented
        Editing a comment
        "... he never, ever, mentioned a chap could make a living driving prototype supercars."

Yeah, I haven't seen the ads for those jobs either!

I got four new photos from a reader who saw the ME in Colorado. Photos are a bit grainy, but check out the very short front and the headlights which be seen as they go through the tunnel. These photos are credited to Adam White

I was in Colorado on vacation with my family last week. On July 19, just before 1:00 pm, I noticed a heavily camouflaged Corvette (looks just like the mid-engine pictures you have here) enter I-70 westbound just before the Eisenhower Tunnel. This entrance to the Interstate would be used if you had just finished coming over the top of Loveland Pass (US Hwy 6). I have several pictures of it as we passed it in the tunnel. My wife also saw an impressive array inside the car of a large laptop and several illuminated gauges.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image1.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	475.6 KB ID:	2746
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	411.0 KB ID:	2747
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	957.4 KB ID:	2748
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	2749
      Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

While an older video, here is an in the wild (ITW) from Florida from last month.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Four more new one's of the Colorado testing crew. Compliments of CorvetteBlogger... thanks to [email protected] for posting these on corvetteforum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IVERS 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	3251

Name:	IVERS 2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	3252

Name:	IVERS 3.jpg
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	3253

Name:	IVERS 4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	3254

Comment

The rear / side view with the door partly open is interesting. It doesn't appear there is an air scoop that extends beyond the fender line, which implies it is recessed into the door and fender, unlike most of the renders we've seen. And, although it's hard to see much detail, it looks like there may be an large opening in the rear edge of the door.

LIghtening up the image make the detail clearer. That sure looks like an air passage to me.

Name:	mid-engine door lightened.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	3331
            Attached Files
            Last edited by meyerweb; 08-01-2018, 12:50 PM.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I think the outer portion of that - i.e. the flap, is simply covering the recessed area of the door to hide the styling cues of the ME's flanks, while still providing an air path to the intake rearward of that.

But, I'm just guessing. Would make sense, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankLP View Post
                Very cool indeed... I actually chuckled when the ZR1 pulled the "defensive move" (at ~2:43) to seemingly keep the videographer at bay!

That said, I'm kinda surprised that ZR1 let our videographer get around (and ultimately alongside the testers) at the ~:57 mark... so maybe the Z was just simply changing lanes.
                A ZR1 seems like a poor choice for a chase car if you're not trying to get attention.

Vin # 2539
                Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

MotorWeek is one of the most credible and well known TV auto shows. Here’s there short video on the C8 mid engine at the ‘Ring. It’s not new footage, but at 1 minute long, not a lot to lose — and for us 2020 Corvette junkies, worth a look.

As always, please click within the screen but not on the arrow.

Last edited by John; 09-27-2018, 03:26 PM.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

where have they gone? Are they still at the Ring?

Comment

That is the question. And the recent quietude echoes our pattern of periodic three weeks of no news, then a flurry for a week, then back to hibernation. Maybe another 10 days of little/no info?
                      Last edited by Shadow; 10-02-2018, 09:29 PM.
                      Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

My guess is they're taking all the data gathered at the 'ring and during on the road testing, evaluating it, making changes to the test cars, and then out of another round of testing. Or, if the changes are big enough, another build cycle at Bowling Green.
                        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Today’s C8 spotting in Frisco, CO, thanks to Charlie Ellison of the “Colorado Car Spotters.” Nothing new to see other than we see they are out putting more testing miles on the ME.

Name:	70E60456-72C5-4AE5-9E75-1B4C43CB430A.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	11805

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            Today’s C8 spotting in Frisco, CO, thanks to Charlie Ellison of the “Colorado Car Spotters.” Nothing new to see other than we see they are out putting more testing miles on the ME.

Click image for larger version  Name:	70E60456-72C5-4AE5-9E75-1B4C43CB430A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	167.4 KB ID:	11805
                            Looks like the camo might be a tad lighter showing some more details/lines on the hood and back end, but I could also just be seeing things or it could be the angle.
                            Last edited by Bluevette; 10-05-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

One of the questions we asked during the same time during the C6 and the C7 mule testing processes, is how come since they have now shown the car without the thick camo, is why are they still keeping it on in other locations and times?

The only answers I ever saw before, again during the C6/C7 testing time period, were that the “camo installing and removing department” is many miles away, and second, that they do not need to remove it for certain kinds of testing?

Any other theories or answers please?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X