Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Oct 3rd Ends Auto-Media Z06 Embargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct 3rd Ends Auto-Media Z06 Embargo

The parade of pre-attractions leading to October 3rd public sharing of the selected reviewers sharing their Z06 reviews has started. Thanks to CorvetteBlogger for this article; thanks to heading over to Instagram for the savagegeeese first teaser.

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    Corvette Z06 ‘Driving Impressions’ Embargo to End October 3rd

By
    Keith Cornett
    -
    Sep 21, 2022
    Corvette Z06 'Driving Impressions' Embargo to End October 3rd

We know from some prominent YouTubers that there is currently an embargo on publishing any reviews or “driving impressions” of the 2023 Corvette Z06, and now we know the date to when they will start to be published.

Auto review channel Savage Geese put out this instagram preview showing the 2023 Corvette Z06 on a track and at the end they show the October 3rd date. That’s less than two weeks away!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1FACF5AD-D8D9-46E7-A170-7DF88A50E800.jpg
Views:	5046
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	412864

Time to ask the Boss to work from home on October 3rd!

Emelia Hartford has had both a Z06/Z07 Coupe and Convertible press cars, and she says that while she can’t give her opinions about the car, that hasn’t stopped her from getting some great content for when the embargo ends. However, one thing you can’t embargo is your smiling passengers when you’re revving the hell of out a 670-hp supercar.

While the YouTubers will have a good time with their press rides, we want to hear from the more serious reviewers and are looking forward to hearing from the likes of Matt Farah, Randy Pobst, Carlos Lago (Edmunds), and they guys from Savage Geese just to name a few. Whose driving review of the Z06 are you most excited for?

Source:
    Savage Geese / Instagram
    https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2022...d-october-3rd/

2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I’d have to go with Randy out of that group…….👍. Out of any group for that matter!
    I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

Whose driving review of the Z06 are you most excited for?

There are several trustworthy reviewers who do experiential assessments and test. Not picking any one, Combining all their views. Several are named above and there are other serious reviewers. Want to hear them all.

AutoTopNL makes the supercars "speak for themselves" on the German Autobahn. A special circumstance, that is rear. W.O.T. on a public road.​ But we will probably have to wait for that.

Comment

Only 12 days until the embargo is over and we read/view their comments…. And another countdown begins lol.
        2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I’d like to get the review from Henry Payne, the Detroit Free Press Automotive Editor. His initial impressions of the C8 were more valuable from a practicable vantage point than any other automotive editorialist or “quack” You Tuber!
          GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            The parade of pre-attractions leading to October 3rd public sharing of the selected reviewers sharing their Z06 reviews has started. Thanks to CorvetteBlogger for this article; thanks to heading over to Instagram for the savagegeeese first teaser.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2022...d-october-3rd/

Randy Pobst(Motor Trend), Carlos Lago(Car & Driver), and Andy Pilgrim(Automobile) are my respected drivers for honest driving/tracking feedback are also driving enthusiasts that double as auto journalists with Randy and Andy being retired pro racers to boot.
            Last edited by rlhmarines; 09-21-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rlhmarines View Post

Randy Pobst(Motor Trend), Carlos Lago(Car & Driver), and Andy Pilgrim(Automobile) are my respected drivers for honest driving/tracking feedback are also driving enthusiasts that double as auto journalists with Randy and Andy being retired pro racers to boot.
              You nailed it!

Comment

"we want to hear from the more serious reviewers and are looking forward to hearing from the likes of Matt Farah, Randy Pobst, Carlos Lago (Edmunds), and they guys from Savage Geese just to name a few."

Matt Farah doesn't even belong in the same sentence in my opinion. I still remember his train wreck C8 review.

Comment

Agree with you Michael. I too remember that Matt Farrah review. He can back super-raving about the C8 and its handling. It was on his first, non-edited video. Then when his colleagues disagreed with him, he turned 180 and attacked the C8 for is massive understeering. He is one I will not count on not matter what he reports back. The “professional” others mentioned above are credible reviewers are to be carefully listened to. As to YT folks, those with extensive track experience I will seriously consider; however those who experience is being primarily a hooligan, doing burn outs, driving recklessly on public streets and similarly and trying to impress their friends with their shenanigans, I will ignore.

Comment

The Savage Geese boys do a good job

Comment

Randy for driving impressions is tops, but Jack and Mark over at Savage Geese do a great technical deep dive. Watch them for that.
                      TPW Nov 15 2020, CMG 3LT, Z51, Mag ride, Front Lift, Edge Red calipers and engine cover, red interior w/ 2-tone black/red GT2 seats, transparent roof, engine appearance pkg, carbon flash 5 spoke wheels.

Comment

Finally! We will get real-world evaluations!! Oct 3rd can't arrive soon enough. We have all been talking about the C8 Z06 for a few years...time for the reality check!
                        Last edited by SullyC8er; 09-22-2022, 11:42 AM.
                        I was on the CorvetteForum as SullyC5er.
                        Previous Corvette was 2001 convertible with a C5R-427 engine built by Corvette Fever / Norris Motorsports, with upgraded suspension, rear, tranny, brakes, wheels, & R-compound tires.

Comment

The guys at Throttle House are entertaining. And have a test track to compare lap times. Could be useful. Though in all honesty…….nothing that anyone says will have me removing my name from the list. 👍

I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

Can not wait. I want #s **** it! Does it pull over a G on launch?! Do the steel brakes give close to -1.5g?! 1/4 miles times, rolling start, etc.

Comment

Can’t wait to hear Randy’s review! Great guy and great driver. Not to mention a lot of fun. JD

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X